xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

Fla. Teen Commits Suicide With Live Web Audience A new low for the internet

Well first of all this is just sad. When someone do something like this I do not think it is mainly for attention, but perhaps that he was just tired of life in general and wanted people to notice and maybe remember him slightly even after he had left this world. It is such a terrible way to die, but people dp this every single day. I would not bare to be one of the viewers, I can not believe why some actually watched it! If that was me I would feel so terrible, and think a lot about what I had viewed. Seeing someone die is not the nicest thing I suppose, and afterwords many probably wondered what they could have done... But come on; if this kid had problems he would probably commit it anyway, but it is still sad. This world can be a cruel place, and I feel terribly sorry for all those he left behind. I would have felt guilt - but maybe that is just me.

I find this very annoying. I hate the people that were egging him on, watching as this poor kid suicides. Suicides could be the most saddest things possible, even when people are watching you, or knowing that you're going to. I feel sorry for his family, friends, neighbors, and teachers that loved him so very much. As for the people that just sat back, did nothing, and cheered him on, I suggest to you: get a life. It might be a joke, yes, but what if it's not? Lets say someone has a gun and they are running around saying I'll kill you and something like that. Are you going to sit back, and think "Oh, he or she won't do that."? No. Of course not. For the people that egged him on, I hope you're happy. You caused a death of a 19-year old that had a big life ahead of him. You crushed his life, his dreams, his hope, his faith, his loved ones. More importantly, you've crushed yourself. The people that egged him to suicide should learn a valuable lesson. Think about what you just did. For the people that have thought deeply, I hope you won't do this again. As for the people who thought this was funny, let me tell you this. If that was your brother, or sister, or your best friend or one of your parents, how would you feel? Would YOU think it's funny to see one of your loved ones suicide right infront of you, and yet you're sitting back, laughing, taking a joke out of this. What if, and this very second, they suicided, and just disappeared? Would you think that was FUNNY? I hope that the people who thought it was funny carry this guilt on for the rest of their lives, knowing that they helped to cause someone's death. They caused a family to be extremely sad.

This is definitly disturbing.I thought we were abovethe mentality that existed in the days of medievalpublic stonings. The thing is,people admire the internet because it's so'open'.This is the inevitable downside of that though.Depressing but true.

Edited by networker (see edit history)