xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

You Have Run Out Of Space For Your Gmail Account

YES... it finally happened to me. :) all but 4MB of 7264MB (as of today's count) is used up on my gmail account...

gmailfullsl7.jpg
(image truncated to show relevant details and obscure others)

don't wonder however since this account of mine is something i created as a catchall for emails with attachments i receive (images, videos, documents, powerpoint presentations, etc). :D i had to delete at least some of the oldest messages (which i figured are not needed anymore) to clear up some space and get it down to at least 90% and still continue to be my catchall email. :D

i haven't really delved much into the HELP section for google accounts, and it is a revelation for me to note that you can upgrade your storage as needed. :D

more than that is the ability to SHARE STORAGE with your GMAIL and PICASA web albums if you run out of free storage in either service. you'll automatically use the space you've purchased to store more pictures and messages up to your new storage limit.

just a tip for those who can afford their annual fee for upgrade of course. :P as for me, i'll still stick with the FREE version for now. free storage they offer still increases everyday anyway. :)

Quite interesting. I can understand how one would go about filling up a gmail account if you use it just to hold emails with attachments etc forever but you still have to be accumulating emails for quite some time for that to happen. The way I think google should handle storage is give a certain amount of storage for free per account, and have all google services use that storage, Picasa, gmail, google docs, google pages, etc... and then they could offer just cold storage, the ability to ftp to your google hard drive space, (and yes I know about the firefox extension that allows you to use your gmail account as a hard drive). If they did this they probably would be having more people buying space, at least I certainly would be.

...but you still have to be accumulating emails for quite some time for that to happen.

more than four years worth of attachments, ever since gmail sprung into general consciousness, and i got one. :) thinking back, it seemed then i couldn't exhaust their initial 1GB storage (then 2GB... and increasing every second thenafter) even after 10 years. fast-forward today, and 7.18GB+ storage space would seem miniscule for my account... and only after 4 years before it reached 99+%. :) google obviously didn't increase storage space fast enough for me to stand up to it's gmail credo: "...so you'll never need to delete another message." lolz

That's :D ... :D ... really :D ... awesome and you shoulda probably sued Google and they would give you more storage for free! How can you miss that v14gr4 message again without more storage, HUH? :)

But I don't wonder how you made it that far. I know that 7000MBs of those spams mails are from SM who begged you to give him more myCents and not warn him again :):o

Seriously, how can you dry up all that storage? Are you out of your mind? :P

Edited by miladinoski (see edit history)

I suggest you go with Yahoo then. I have about 55,000 emails on one account there (not attachments though), and they have yet to yell at me. They claim to give unmetered and unlimited email space, but I'm sure if you were using gigs and gigs of space, they would email you and tell you to quit it :)

Interesting. As i'm not even crossed 2% of my gmail quota. I was thinking if anyone else tried to overcome atleast 50% of it. And this is the thread which showed me what happens when you run out of disk quota :D.Now you have to either delete those old mails or else purchase disk space :D. By the way, How much SPAM mail, xx mail and lottery mail you saved so far :) . :P

Wow, reading this thread made me go check my account just now (it's at 4%). That is just an absolutely insane amount of large attachments and e-mails.I'm not sure if I should congratulate you or not, since you now have to delete old e-mails or pay for more storage. But, it was good to look on one of these situations for the first time.Regards,z.

You totally owned Google and their message at the recycle bin that says something like "who needs to delete when you got over X GB of storage?" Pretty impressive tho, i got nearly 3k mails and storage is like at 13% so i estimate you have at least 20k mails :P You might consider changing to Yahoo.. as it offers unlimited storage :) maybe you could try to own yahoo next? =3

ORene, a lot of those emails had attachments, so it isn't really the number of emails, it is how big the attachments are. I have an email account with Yahoo that has 60,000 emails, and I bet I only use a gig of space, because most of those are just text emails without attachments.

Wow congratulations, I didn't even knew that was possible xD ... You can do an other GMail account, I think it was allowed to have two of them( at least I know I do, me@gmail.com and me2@gmail.com :)), so you won't have to pay to have more storage... Also, it always counts so your accounts will be growing... -How is it possible to have 60 000 e-mails at yahoo, when they only allow 10MB's of storage? Or is it now unlimited ?

I would say get another gmail, or two for that matter. :)

Why would he need two accounts? I doubt he'd want to register another GoogleMail account when he already has one. It'd be a little stupid, since you'd forget your passwords/IDs most of the time. Depending on if he'd have it all saved on Firefox. (That's if he has Firefox).

:o lots of suggestions you got there for me traplings. :D thanks. i have a yahoo mail, but i don't get to use it that much. one good thing about yahoo account is the ability to alias your username. with one account, you could create several aliases (as long as it's not used already in the system). this i do specifically since i wanted to have a separate alias for the different yahoogroups i belong to, and yet still can be manageable under one "main" yahoo account. i dunno if this is a feature already in gmail, any observations? having said that, a google account has a more universal appeal to me than a yahoo account. a lot more features and services (which i like and often use) is tied up with a google account than a yahoo account. and gmail is just one of those. :Pto update you guys, i have already set up an extensive list of filters so i don't get a clogged inbox for this particular gmail account. :) the gist is: filter, forward, trash. :P if an attachment type i have in my filters (example, .AVI) is found, it gets forwarded first to a new gmail i have exclusively for attachments. after a successful filter and forward process, it gets moved to trash. :) it will remain there for 30 days until it gets expunged into the purgatory where all trashed emails go. :P i sometimes have to clean up the SENT folder to clear up space some more, but for the most part, the filter-forward-trash system i've got handles the tricky part of sorting through all the attachments muck, then backing it up in another account without much help from me... other than the occasional manual cleaning i do if my filters miss something. :Dif yahoo mail is now unlimited, i may look in the possibility of making a second forwarding process to it, and have a second set of backup for the effort. :D