xisto Community
StefanScottAlexx

Introducing Myself - Database Programmer Learning Web Design

Hi -I just wanted to post something here to introduce myself.I do paid work as a freelancer (translator from various languages to English, database programmer, graphic designer), as well as unpaid work as a hobbyist (using executable specification languages such as Maude, and also high-performance vector-based or column-oriented database languages). I think it's finally time for me to set up an on-line presence for myself, and I figure I need the flexibility of a CMS rather than just a blog. After researching several CMSs I'm really excited about Drupal because of its built-in support for internationalization and localization (I'd like to do it as a multi-language website: initially in English, Spanish, and Portuguese which are my strongest languages - and later possibly also in French, German and Russian which I also speak) and because of its custom-database and social-networking capabilities. I've also been researching lots of free web hosting providers and I'm pretty impressed with Xisto - the staff seems well-informed and the community is very active, and the web hosting features and uptime look very good.Thanks for offering this service and I hope to hang around for a while.

Welcome StefanScottAlexx.

Sorry for the late reply! This happens from time to time, I am not here 24/7. :) Welcome to the forum anyway. Are you enjoying it? You have 30 posts, and that is quite good. I have not checked them out but if they are all as good as your introduction I am sure they are more than good enough. :) Maybe you already know that you should try to avoid one-liners just because they are considered as spam. It is okay from time to time, but try not to go crazy. The better posts you have = the more myCENT. You should take a look at this.

Hopefully I will see you around. Good luck.

Hello StefanScottAlexx! Welcome to Xisto. And yes you got it, this is the best free hosting service available. The community here is very friendly and active. Share your knowledge with us and help the community grow more.Coming to the CMSs Drupal is nice one, but give a try at Joomla also. Joomla also has some great features and tons of free extensions and templates are available. These can give you much more power to your CMS. Anyway all the best for all your projects... Have nice time at Xisto. :)

hello and welcome to Xisto stephanscottalex. great introduction you told us a lot about yourself! i've seen you active in the forums so well done. hope you enjoy your stay at Xisto, the best free web hosting on the net. its a great helpful community so if you ever have any questions or something like that feel free to ask other members.good luck.

Hello stephanscottalex and welcome to Xisto.com. Your intro is great, nice and long. Here one liners are spam so you will fit right at home here. I have looked at tons of free hosts and this is by far the greatest so congrates on finding it. If you are looking for a portal I like mambo/joomla the best. I like joomla better because it is newer but it doesn't work with smf so I use mambo. They are both basically the same though. You already took care of your mycents account, thats good. So all I have to say is have a nice time at Xisto.