xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ruben

Could You Live Without The Internet?

Without brining the work industry into this, could you live without the internet? I know I couldn't. The internet is one of my top means of entertainment. I don't think I could live without forums. Also, sitting back and looking at a great website you made, now that's fun. I know some really artsie people who don't use any electronics these days, but I know if you are replying your not. Anyways, do you think you could live without it?

OOOOOOOH no......I can NOT live without internet..... I would just absolutely would just DIE~!! I don't want to think about it.... T.T

OOOOOOOH no......I can NOT live without internet..... I would just absolutely would just DIE~!! I don't want to think about it.... T.T

LOL. Really, I think I might die. I wouldn't commit suicide, but I would just die. Simple as that: DIE!

It would make life less enjoyable and boring but I think I could handle it. It would give me more time to do stuff thats good for you like reading and running. Simple put, no I wouldn't die.

I guess you are right. What I have to do is set time aside. Yes, I'm a person who has to be organized, even when it comes to consuming my time. I'm not a weirdo, don't worry. lol :lol: I think it's great the way you think of this!

Certainly not. I rely on the internet for everything.And since more and more common devices are being controlled by internet protocols, fewer and fewer people could live without the internet.

Without brining the work industry into this

Do you mean for leisure communication?

Having grown up before the internet there would really be no issue as far as I am concerned. I sometimes go days with out touching my computer or the television anyway. Wasn;t there a South Park episode about there internet going away.

Before, I also thought I would die. Then I started working. And, before I knew it, I was doing big projects.

When that happens, I sometimes go for weeks or two without leisure-surfing. Oh, sure, I do wiki an article or Google some important library I need. I have day-long access to the net but I would have no time to even check Xisto out. (I shouldn't be surprised at the decline of my credits from 160-ish to 110-ish but I am, somehow :D) At night, I am too tired to surf. And during weekends, I am too tired to even switch on the computer. Well, not really, but I find myself strangely averse to using the computer on my precious weekends so, when the weather is fair, I play badminton. If the mood strikes me, I whip up something in the kitchen. If I'm too tired and exhausted, I get myself a massage. If I'm in the mood for a makeover, I get a facial (the one done in pristine white disinfected clinics, not in damp, musty rooms in the red-light district :angry:) or a haircut. On rare occasions, I go shopping. At night, I read a chapter or seven before sleeping. Anything at all, just to get me away from the computer I have learned to love and, now, learned to abhor.

And even on times that I do turn the computer on, I most probably just waste my time playing games. I suppose the online world has lost much of its appeal to me. I'm done with online flirting and hookups. I don't look forward to YM chats and forum debates now. I do contribute to Wikipedia, though I often do it during office hours. 4chan isn't quite as amazing as it had been, what with Anon not delivering, heheh. I haven't been blogging since January of this year and, now, for the first time, it seems, I'll miss Runescape's holiday drops :angry:

So... I suppose, I will be one of those shaky survivors should a cataclysmic online doomsday occur. (It's either the by CIA, the KGB or the Digimons :lol:) I'd probably be one of those old people telling stories to their grandchildren. My grandpa once regaled us with stories on how cheap snacks (biscuits, fruits, candies) were back then. I'd be telling my grandchildren how cheap information was back then, oh Wikipedia, I do miss that old one. And Google too! Why, kids, in less than a minute, I have access to information halfway around the globe! Hekhekhek, yeah, I'd probably wheeze like that, only, I won't have any children so I'd probably be telling stories to my sibs' grandchildren ^_^

oh no !! if i live without inernet, i just might die. :lol: Nowdays, which teenagers did not use internet ?Everyday i use internet, 3/1 a day. surfing internet, downloading, playing online game check email and so on.but i unlike other people which will commit suicide, just simply die. Boring till die.

Well I wouldnt like it since I spend alot of time on my pc. But I dont think I would die without it I would have to make alot of adjustments in my life and maybe take up arts and crafts around the house again just to have something to do and not be bored to death. I do work but its nights so my days I spend online and watching tv. lol but I do remember the good ole days before the net was around. When I was a kid there wasnt much to be afraid of I remember getting up at the crack of dawn and not coming ome until dinner time, mom was never worried about me she knew I would come home when I was hungry or needed something. There was no sitting in front of the tv all day for me ar most kids back than for that matter. ITs hard these days though kids cant do that there is to much crime and bad stuff going on out there I dont like when my kids want to go to the park by them selves I always go check on the about every hour or so, its just to scary these days to let your kids out unatended. ok well im getting off the subject here so I will wrap it up. But yes again I could live without the net I just wouldnt like it!

this summer on vacation..i was able to live almost a month without internet..it was fun and relaxing... :)

I guess it really depends on how you look at it. I couldn't live without all the fun stuff, but the work stuff I could live without my whole life, and more! :)

Its around seven years now when I am using internet. I just can't think about being without it now. Some times when the broad band lines are down for the whole day due to some technical reasons, its the horrible day for me. And moreover I don't use internet for just entertainment sake. But its the opening towards the worlk encyclopedia of knowledge base for me. And I know not only for me it is as such for thousands and thousands of people. I should say the major part of my knowledge regarding software developement is due to the internet. The forums the people out there who help just for no returns. The world became very small due to internet.?