xisto Community
Spyda

Troubles Extracting Zipped Files

Well I haven't been able to extract any sort of archived files. Everytime I do, no matter what size they are, I seem to get a fairly big error. I forgot to copy the error, so I don't have the exact writing of it. But, it has happened with .zip files and .rar files. ( I tried .rar just to see if it would give the same error.) Has anybody had the same problem? I mean I could easily just use an FTP and import file by file, but uploading by archiving the files is easier.

Hello bk. :lol:

Have you tried reinstalling the archive programs, restarting, scan your registry with CCleaner and reinstall them? Try that, because I think I had a similar problem like you. Just give it ago and get back with results. ^_^

-Sky

I presume this is with the file manager in cPanel? If so, a ticket to https://support.xisto.com/ should get the issue resolved.

In the mean time, have you tried using http://www.net2ftp.com/ ? Try uploading the archive using that, and see if extracts. If it wont, then use the Java Upload feature, which lets you upload whole directories at a time. Just extract the archive on your PC, then use the Java uploader to upload the directory all at once.

I have been having trouble zipping folders. Are the two problems related?

Most likely, I presume. Looks like I will just open up a ticket with Xisto - Support then. Hopefully all of this can get sorted out, and I will be able to unarchive any archived files once again.

Thanks for your help and advice guys :lol:

Keep us posted on this, please. I have been having the same issue, but it is not a big deal since I simply unzip locally and use FireFTP add-on in Firefox to load the directory onto the Server.

Opaque reliped to my ticket and said they were working on it. But, I found another method that you can use to fix this problem. You can use the legacy file manager to extract any file, and it works just as good as the regular file manager does.

Legacy File manager fails to work for me.
I'm going to continue using FireFTP.

Hmm.. that's really strange because it extracted for me. Though, I extracted the file from my PSP's internet browser, so maybe the problem lies within the browser itself, and not Cpanel?

I use the secure webdisk shortcut that I downloaded to my comp. All you have to do is copy the decompressed file, and paste it to where you want it to go. You can use this method until this issue gets resolved.

The Error I receive is as follows:

(internal death while parsing ./frontend/x3/files/extractfile.html) Tue Nov 18 17:18:52 2008 [15746]error: open3: exec of unzip AEF(1.0.5)_Install.zip failed at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafeRun.pm line 55 Carp::croak('open3: exec of unzip AEF(1.0.5)_Install.zip failed') called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.2/IPC/Open3.pm line 230
IPC::Open3::_open3('open3', 'Cpanel::SafeRun', '<&RNULL', 'GLOB(0xa44a3c8)', 'GLOB(0xa44a3c8)', 'unzip', 'AEF(1.0.5)_Install.zip') called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.2/IPC/Open3.pm line 291
IPC::Open3::open3('<&RNULL', 'GLOB(0xa44a3c8)', 'GLOB(0xa44a3c8)', 'unzip', 'AEF(1.0.5)_Install.zip') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafeRun.pm line 55
Cpanel::SafeRun::livesaferun('prog', 'ARRAY(0x91a6ac0)', 'formatter', 'CODE(0x91a6ae4)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Fileman.pm line 2856
Cpanel::Fileman::system_pre('unzip', 'AEF(1.0.5)_Install.zip') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Fileman.pm line 2458
Cpanel::Fileman::__ANON__('unzip', 'AEF(1.0.5)_Install.zip') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Fileman.pm line 2467
Cpanel::Fileman::_handle_extract('display', 'AEF(1.0.5)_Install.zip', '/home/jlhaslip/public_html/aef/105', ' Zip archive data, at least v1.0 to extract^J') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Fileman.pm line 2348
Cpanel::Fileman::extractfile('/home/jlhaslip/public_html/aef/105', 'AEF(1.0.5)_Install.zip') called at cpanel.pl line 3319
main::dofileman('extractfile($FORM{\'dir\'},$FORM{\'file\'})') called at cpanel.pl line 1807
main::exectag('<cpanel Fileman="extractfile($FORM{\'dir\'},$FORM{\'file\'})">') called at cpanel.pl line 4737
main::dotag(undef) called at cpanel.pl line 4620
main::cpanel_parseblock('SCALAR(0x917ebd8)') called at cpanel.pl line 4572
main::cpanel_parse('GLOB(0xa4732d8)') called at cpanel.pl line 1312

<div id="cpanel_internal_error_1" style="display:none;"><textarea style="font-weight:900;background-color:#fcc;" rows="15" cols="80">open3: exec of unzip AEF(1.0.5)_Install.zip failed at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafeRun.pm line 55
Carp::croak('open3: exec of unzip AEF(1.0.5)_Install.zip failed') called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.2/IPC/Open3.pm line 230
IPC::Open3::_open3('open3', 'Cpanel::SafeRun', '<&RNULL', 'GLOB(0xa44a3c8)', 'GLOB(0xa44a3c8)', 'unzip', 'AEF(1.0.5)_Install.zip') called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.2/IPC/Open3.pm line 291
IPC::Open3::open3('<&RNULL', 'GLOB(0xa44a3c8)', 'GLOB(0xa44a3c8)', 'unzip', 'AEF(1.0.5)_Install.zip') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafeRun.pm line 55
Cpanel::SafeRun::livesaferun('prog', 'ARRAY(0x91a6ac0)', 'formatter', 'CODE(0x91a6ae4)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Fileman.pm line 2856
Cpanel::Fileman::system_pre('unzip', 'AEF(1.0.5)_Install.zip') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Fileman.pm line 2458
Cpanel::Fileman::__ANON__('unzip', 'AEF(1.0.5)_Install.zip') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Fileman.pm line 2467
Cpanel::Fileman::_handle_extract('display', 'AEF(1.0.5)_Install.zip', '/home/jlhaslip/public_html/aef/105', ' Zip archive data, at least v1.0 to extract^J') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Fileman.pm line 2348
Cpanel::Fileman::extractfile('/home/jlhaslip/public_html/aef/105', 'AEF(1.0.5)_Install.zip') called at cpanel.pl line 3319
main::dofileman('extractfile($FORM{\'dir\'},$FORM{\'file\'})') called at cpanel.pl line 1807
main::exectag('<cpanel Fileman="extractfile($FORM{\'dir\'},$FORM{\'file\'})">') called at cpanel.pl line 4737
</textarea></div>
<span class="error" style="cursor:hand;cursor:pointer;" onClick="document.getElementById('cpanel_internal_error_1').style.display='block';this.style.display='none';">[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]</span>open3: exec of unzip AEF(1.0.5)_Install.zip failed at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafeRun.pm line 55

The Error I receive is as follows:(internal death while parsing ./frontend/x3/files/extractfile.html) Tue Nov 18 17:18:52 2008 [15746]error: open3: exec of unzip AEF(1.0.5)_Install.zip failed at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafeRun.pm line 55
Carp::croak('open3: exec of unzip AEF(1.0.5)_Install.zip failed') called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.2/IPC/Open3.pm line 230

<div id="cpanel_internal_error_1" style="display:none;"><textarea style="font-weight:900;background-color:#fcc;" rows="15" cols="80">open3: exec of unzip AEF(1.0.5)_Install.zip failed at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafeRun.pm line 55
</textarea></div>
<span class="error" style="cursor:hand;cursor:pointer;" onClick="document.getElementById('cpanel_internal_error_1').style.display='block';this.style.display='none';">[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]</span>open3: exec of unzip AEF(1.0.5)_Install.zip failed at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafeRun.pm line 55

Hmm.. that's weird how my problem was fixed, but yours is still occurring. Well, sure it doesn't have anything to your browse, as I used a couple and saw the same things, before it was fixed. Just open a ticket like i did. I think they might've fixed the error only in my cpanel, but not in yours, or anybody else who might've been having the same problem before.