xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Deretto

Anyone Planning To Get A Dsi?

Is anyone else excited about the DSi? I know I am. Just take a look at the features

Pros

Thinner (by about 12%)

2 cameras (one on the inside where the mic was before that's 0.3MP and another on the outside of the DS that is 3.0MP)

Internet Browser

Media Player (can finally play music and such)

More RAM! (this is good for the browser. I don't know if any games will utilize it though.)

Downloadable Content (Much like WiiWare)

Cons

No GBA slot

Less battery life

I personally need a new DS. Also I could care less about a missing GBA slot. I still have an SP, besides it's time to move on from the GBA anyways.

I'll be getting one! Who else?

I think I will, I have bought all of the gameboy series (more than one of some) as I am a great fan of hand held gaming.I bought both the PSPs and the original DS, but I didn't like the look of the DS lite, so I never bought it. Although i think the DSI looks cool, the camera is rubbish resolution, but still sounds fun.I think ill be buying one.

Really? I haven't heard about this one! I got a DS lite last year and love it, there's so many GBA classics that I can re-play on my DS now.The new features sound interesting but I'm not sure if I really need them 1. Thinner (by about 12%) - i already think the DS is pretty portable... wouldn't mind it being thinner though 2. 2 cameras - cameras? what for? i already have a camera phone and an actual camera... a 3rd one on my ds haha, perhaps it may come in handy 3. Internet Browser - not sure if i'll use this 4. Media Player (can finally play music and such) - that's a pretty cool feature, although I don't particularly like all this "grouping technology into one thing" concept. I prefer separating my mp3 player, camera and phone rather than putting them all together. My main concern is battery life. 5. More RAM - always a good thing :) 6. Downloadable Content - this could be interesting!Cons 1. No GBA slot - not concerned 2. Less battery life - hmm really? Although the DS battery life is pretty darn good, so perhaps a little less won't matter so muchOverall I don't know if i'll buy this new console. Maybe if I break my current DS *touch wood* but based on features alone, probably not.

Well, I believe one of the cameras will be used for some sort of video chat capability. I'm not sure, but that's what I would get. I personally agree with having seperate pieces to do separate things, but Nintendo had to do something to quell people's whining about it.

I don't think I'll be getting it unless my DS breaks beyond my ability to repair it. The lack of a GBA slot makes me very sad, and the cameras are just cheap addons. Both of the cameras have terrible stats, too. The internet browsing would be alright, but it's Opera, and they're probably going to screw it up like they did the Wii's internet browsing. (slow loading, distorts most pages, looks horrible)I think the thinner design is bad too. And the placement for the power button is absolutely stupid, right next to the base of your left hand. They claim that makes it harder to accidentally turn off, but the placement of the power button on the DS Lite is completely safe. I've never accidentally turned mine off. You HAVE to try to turn it off. The volume slider is a button now, so that's even worse. Analog sliders > digital buttons any day.So far, I see no benefit in getting this. I hope my DS Lite never breaks.

I have a DS launch, DS lite, and PSP-3000. No I don't plan on it. It's such a rip off, all they did was add cameras and firmware that should have been there in the first place! Nintendo should have launched a DS2 instead of the DSi, I really hope it fails. Getting rid of the GBA slot was BAD. That means no more motion pack, rumble pack, gutair hero, etc. I have homebrew on my DS so everything else is nothing new, and is in fact, worst then my homebrew apps.

I've never even heard of a "DSi"...It seems like all the handheld consoles are going through a lot of upgrades though.It makes me wonder...Are they doing this solely for the cash, or are they planning on sticking with these systems for a while longer?Has anyone happened to hear about the "next" Nintendo DS? Not like a smaller upgraded one but a completely overhauled system. Much like the SP to the DS.

Is anyone else excited about the DSi? I know I am. Just take a look at the features

Pros

Thinner (by about 12%)

2 cameras (one on the inside where the mic was before that's 0.3MP and another on the outside of the DS that is 3.0MP)

Internet Browser

Media Player (can finally play music and such)

More RAM! (this is good for the browser. I don't know if any games will utilize it though.)

Downloadable Content (Much like WiiWare)

Cons

No GBA slot

Less battery life

All these addons are not what hand held gaming is about, they are turning the ds in to a iphone basically. Do we REALLY need a camera to play pokemon? Come on people when i'm battling someone on wifi i don't want to see their face lagging while i try to pick my next move. lol

I will stick with my old ds thank you very much =), as long as they dont change the ds games i'm good.

Also NO GBA SLOT i still have all my old gba games, i want to be able to pop in my red version and play good old pokemon and other ancient gba games i have :P

Edited by street (see edit history)

Just when I thought buying a PSP would be nice. This is even nicer ifl the battery life will be much longer than a PSPs while playing music. Nintendo is really doing a nice job of making money this year.

I have mixed feelings about the DSi and although I do want one, I don't think I"ll get one until my pocketbook can afford it (i.e. used). I really don't know how well it'll sell... it seems to be the complete opposite direction that the DS was going.The one thing I dislike about it the most is the lack of GBA. No, I don't really use it much because the only GBA games I have are Zelda (well and one Avatar game I got for my birthday but... like I really ever play that :D). What I'm most concerned about that are DS games that actually USE that slot, like the GH On Tour plug in, or the rumble pack. Also, I don't know if the other features, like the dual cameras, are going to be worth it, unless of course they design a game that uses them effectively, which I'm sure Nintendo is capable of. Oh, and I'd like to point out that there IS an internet browser for the current DS (both phat and lite), it's just a separate thing that you have to buy, it's even in a game case. :P However, that brings up the one thing I am excited in about the DSi: connecting to the Wii and dowloading it's own Virtual Console and WiiWare (well I guess it wouldn't be called that... DSiWare? ). I'm not sure if that'll work with the Phat or Lite, as well, but I really hope it does.