xisto Community
King-Squad

Internet Browsers

I'm guessing you meant something like this: "In my opinion IE is good enough, unless you are using Mac OS, in which case IE isn't good enough."
If that is what you meant, I agree with the mac bit.

You're wrong. IE Mac is much most modern than IE win32, with more standard compliance et less bugs.
IE Mac use the Tasman engine, whereas IE win32 use the buggy Trident engine...

I use both Internet Explorer, and FireFox...the only reason I still use Internet Explorer for some things is that FireFox has errors or cant load some sites properly

Well the reason that you have probelms with some of the sites in mozilla firefox is because that some people on the web are not the best of the html coders. Me myself am included in that catagory. But IE is a lot more forgiving of a browser and lets people voew sites with weak html coding. But IE has nothing on firefox. Tab browsing is probably the main reason that people come to firefox. If you ever get the cahnce to get firefox if you do not have it then I suggest that you get it as fast as you can.

On another note does anyone know of any other fast browsers besides operea I think is what it is called.

I was surfing the internet and found two internet browsers that i think are much better then Internet Explorer because of quality and options.  The two browsers are are called Avant Browser and Mozilla Firefox.  I was just wondering if anyone has come across or used either one of these browsers and if they would recommend them.

43033[/snapback]

It's pretty good.

Usually I use Firefox/Mozilla, but unfortunatelly I still need to keep IE around since some applications dont recognize firefox and insist on using IE whenever they need to open a website. Plus its pretty much imposible to uninstall IE, so...

I use firefox because it keeps away spyware. I had way too many issues with spyware problems when using IE and tabbed browsing is one of the best features ever. I love it. Also, with the ways you can tweak it around, I have found it be really fast too. Of course this sucks more bandwidth but if you can handle it then by all means go for it. Does anyone else feel that Internet Explorer is too slow? I know it is for me.

You're wrong. IE Mac is much most modern than IE win32, with more standard compliance et less bugs.

It may have gotten further in some places, but it has horrible bugs in others. As far as I have been able to find out at least.

Quirksmode.org lists quite a lot of DOM bugs for Explorer for Mac where Explorer for Windows doesn't have errors. It also has a host of CSS problems, as you can see with a quick google.

I use Firefox all the time. Last time I used IE was last year when I was cheking how my site looked in IE. My site looked like crap in IE by the way >_>

^ what?!? That's the beauty of it. Other web browsers come with all these things you don't need and never use. With firefox you add what you wanna add and what you are gonna use. Firefox also has many cool extension IE doesn't support. Like switch proxy, linkification, add n edit cookies, and much more.

Yes internet explorer is way to slow. Also did you know that there is a way to actually tweek little parts of fire fox to make it go even faster, but those are hidden features but you can find tutorials just about anywere on how to do it. Anyway I deleted IE cuz itr sucked soo much. So now I use netscape which was made by the same people as firefox but it has lots and lots of security holes and bugs in it just like IE. The only difference is it goes faster then IE. My netscape even did a DDoS attack on my favorite website and the admin thought I actually did. So I wouldnt suggest getting that. But firefox interfears with older builds of Service Pack 2 and kinda screwed up my computer and all of the other web browsers. But now I might switch back to fire fox cuz I got rid of SP2. :P

Its called the control panel and Add Delete programs. I have done it several times. I think you can also do it from the windows CD too. :P

I used to use Certi Browser made by a company my friend knows. It was very similar to firefox but i think it is better. It had loads of features and stuff, etc.. But they dont let anyone download it now. you have to be invited by a current user. I have used all my invites for now sorry :P but back to the point- i use Certi Browser

---

Spon the idiot.Don't be silly