xisto Community
King-Squad

Internet Browsers

How'd you delete IE?

I beleive you MIGHT be able to do this in add and remove programs. if not, just set firefox or whatever to your default browser and remove all the IE icons from the taskbar, desktop and such. much simpler lol :P

I beleive you MIGHT be able to do this in add and remove programs. if not, just set firefox or whatever to your default browser and remove all the IE icons from the taskbar, desktop and such. much simpler lolĀ  :P

44799[/snapback]

I did all that. IE is still there.

It may have gotten further in some places, but it has horrible bugs in others. As far as I have been able to find out at least.

Ā 

Quirksmode.org lists quite a lot of DOM bugs for Explorer for Mac where Explorer for Windows doesn't have errors. It also has a host of CSS problems, as you can see with a quick google.

Yes IE/Mac has bugs that IE/win has not, but there are much more bugs of IE/win that aren't with IE/Mac.

All web developers know that tasman engine is far better than trident.

If you want tables of comparaison, look at this one for example...

One could add that IE/Mac support PNG, whereas IE/win can't render alpha-transparency...

Search a bit more on google with tasman trident standards...

Someone told me about this thing called an internet browser hijacker. Not quite sure what it is but it sounds scary. How do I know if i have one? Is there any programs that i can get that might detect one? and if I find one how do I get rid of it? I guess its a form of spy ware, which kind of ticks me off why does anyone really need to know where im going and what im doing on the internet. its an invasion of privacy grrrrrr

I used Internet Explorer for while until I discovered Mozilla Firefox. Firefox is better in that it is safer, faster, and better overall. I haven't deleted Internet Explorer because I might use it for websites that don't open properly with Mozilla Firefox and also because people have said that you need it for Windows Update to function.