xisto Community
1ngame

Hey Trap17! Just an introduction.

Hello everyone at Xisto! I thought I'd share a little about myself before I got started posting on this forum. I've been bashing my head against a wall trying to get a good host, and when I finally thought I had found one, I started messing with my scripts. Although the host was great (unlimited bw and 25 gb of space, wow..) it just didn't seem to respond well to my scripts. A great host but failed. Another host had too many bugs. Although the support was great, it was too much of hassle to go back every day to have my account reset because of one bug or another. This went on and on and on... Until finally I came across Xisto. I had been here before, but I thought it would be annoying to HAVE to be active to keep my hosting. Then I realized that it would be worth it. The host would be more reliable, and I wouldn't need to worry about it going down any minute. The best part? I could pay through paypal when my site finally got off the ground instead of having to worry at all! I can't honestly say that I didn't just join for the hosting. It'd be a lie. I am however going to take part in this community and be 100% sincere about earning my hosting. I always like to help out, especially when someone is helping me. Whether this be giving my hosting, or just telling me that I'm missing a </p>. Maybe I'm being too frank, but I feel it's better than pretending to be someone I'm not. I just hope I can be accepted into this community so that it is easier for me to get involved.My hobby is primarily design/art, but I am also a relatively skilled programmer. I also do some freelancework if anyone needs some help. Especially if it's to set up a CMS, forum, or design a site. I don't charge that much either, and a lot of times I'm willing to do the job for free if it's nothing too long or difficult.Zraze

Hey, welcome to Xisto!I, too, are also new =)I think I can tell you that Xisto is better than any other host I've used, and I didn't even get hosted yet. All I've been doing is posting around the forums, and its already fun.I cant wait to be hosted, and find out what it will be like. The good thing about this is that you can post and get credits back, then use credits.Anyways, welcome ^^

Welcome to the Xisto.And the Hosting here is great. Good Support when you need it, but this Forum is the best Support system available for most of the issues you might have.And being helpful is a good thing around here. Looking forward to seeing your art/designs, too.

Hi 1ngame....Welcome to Xisto. As jlhaslip said, hosting is really good here. You won't get any problems you faced before with other hosts...Best service as well as best support....and the best community as well. Many people are here to help you...come join us...and share your knowledge. Enjoy your stay here...

Nice to meet you 1ngame, and welcome to Xisto!

As other has / have (I never learn that rule) Xisto offers great hosting and the members can help you with pretty much everything... some things are better to learn by yourself, and one of them would be the information in Help Topic. Though if you have any questions regarding it, we can always help you. :)

I liked your introduction even though we do not get to know you as a person. As your hobby is design / art I would definitely love to see some work if it is possible, and I am sure some of the services you are able to provide will come in handy here. :P

Besides this I just want to wish you good luck here at Trap, and hopefully you will enjoy it.

Helle 1ngame. Looks like your long search for good hosting is offically done. Xisto is a great community and it isn't hard at all to get the credits or now myCent you need to keep your site hosted and like you said if you can't post you can just use paypal. To get up to date on the new myCent thing be sure to read the annoucements and don't be afraid to post questions if you have any. One thing about Xisto is that everyone is willing to help out if someone needs it.

Hello 1ngame,Welcome to Xisto, You seem to be a good poster. Hope to see you around in the forum. Happy Traping.

Wow, I got some wonderful replies! I wasn't expecting such a warm welcome. I really do get the feeling that my search is over. My site is at 1ngame.com for all of you who wanted to see some of my work. Right now it's just in development so don't sign up yet. I need to create the profile system and everything. It's about 90% done. In a few days all of my templates will be up there, and the site will be ready for the eyes of the public.Thanks for the compliments and wishing me good luck. Would anyone care to explain the myCents system? Is there anything I need to do to start earning them? Because I can see that everyone beside me has a myCents catagory.

I can see that you have been awarded some MyCents. There is a time lag of up to 5 hours for the display on your account due to a feature of the script (yes, it is there on purpose). And now that you have made the mandatory 5 posts, you should begin accumulating even more MyCents towards your Hosting plan.Good luck and as noted above, Happy Trapping. :lol:

Yeah, I asked someone and they let me know that it was a 5 post minimum. I just logged in and was pretty excited when i saw the myCents that I had. I feel like my stay here will be a pleasant one. Really really pleasant one.

Wow, very nice intro. Your story is very interesting. I am glad that we have some experience from you here. I have seen your sites before. Even back when they were with Joomla!. I know you know that, but to everyone here, he truly has an act for design. I can't wait to see some of your posts, for I am sure they will be good ones.

Thanks for your compliments! I never thought anyone really liked my designs very much. If you need a design made or customized (including logos) feel free to just email me or pm me and ask! (remember to include what systems your using a long with your hosting specs, etc.)

Edited by 1ngame (see edit history)

I never thought anyone really liked my designs very much

That surprised me a lot! I know you don't have a low self esteem, but have you ever just looked back at your site and said, wow, i really can do something. Its really surprising that you think that. 1ngame, you can design as well as making forums, etc. lol

Heh, you're right, I don't have low self esteem. It's just that whenever I make a site everyone just kinda goes, "It's nice." I never hear anything really excited or truly shocked. Maybe I will put more thought into design. Thank's a lot for your words.

Edited by 1ngame (see edit history)