xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Sky-

Free Domain Name (260 Credits) What will we do about this?

I disagree. Hosting is easier to get, but to get hosting with the features like we got before, it's going to be a lot harder.

I see what you mean. It's easier if all you need is the basic plan with no extra feature but if your site needs a lot of features I could see it being very hard to keep on the credits. It's a lot easier to get a yourdomain.com domain now though. 999 myCents are easy to get then 280 credits. I still think the myCents thing is a huge upgrade and worth the extra posting.

I agree that it is easier to earn enough cents for a free domain. With the old system I would not had enough credits to apply for one, but if I wanted to I could buy one with the new system. Sure there are often things people liked better in the old system (not that I know what that would be, but it seems like some other members think so) , but I think when all of you just get used to it it will be just fine. :)

you can get a domain off the myCENT system. Login Plan -> type in domain name -> options -> checkout. Am I right? It would cost $9.99 annually plus any options you wanted. =). I didn't think that you could get a domain because I saw the post for xxxx.trap17/Xisto.com domains and didn't read the title. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

you can get a domain off the myCENT system. Login Plan -> type in domain name -> options -> checkout. Am I right? It would cost $9.99 annually plus any options you wanted. =). I didn't think that you could get a domain because I saw the post for xxxx.trap17/Xisto.com domains and didn't read the title. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Yes you are right. Just pick the "I want Xisto - Web Hosting (Xisto) to register a new domain for me." option while picking a domain. The xxxx.trap17/Xisto.com domains are the domains that you can pick from if you want a free domain name (free as in no credits at all).

As we all are aware of the Credit System being removed, how will we get a Free Domain Name? When the Credit system gets removed we won't be able to get a free domain will we? :)
-Sky

True, but to be more complete, the old credit system (v2) will be removed, and will be upgraded to Version 3. Version 3 introduces myCENTS and each myCENT is worth 1 US cent. Once you get 100 cents, it will be converted to $1 which is 1.00 credits.

From my understanding, a domain can be purchased for $9.99,

Or, you can make good, long, quality posts which give you a lot of myCENTS. If you post good, you should be able to get the domain through the credit system for free, without actually paying for it.

Also, the Hosting Credits are not counted any longer, and you should disregard them because OpaQue will remove it when he updates the forum.

If you need more detailed information, the official announcement from OpaQue can be located here:
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/61592-credit-system-v30-online-resolved-free-web-hosting-domains-dedicated-ip-digital-certificate-managed/
Edited by harrison858 (see edit history)

All I can say is this new Mycredits is so much better than the old credits system. I definitely love coming to post at Xisto now just for the fact of knowing I can get more things added to my hosting account that I couldn't get before.