xisto Community
kudmus

Phpmyadmin Password Does Not Work

The Password and authorisation method used by phpmyadmin can be changed in the configuration file.
Two things to check:
1. The value of the variable: $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] string

When using auth_type = 'config', this is the user/password-pair which phpMyAdmin will use to connect to the MySQL server. This user/password pair is not needed when HTTP or cookie authentication is used and should be empty.

2. The value of the variable: $cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] string ['HTTP'|'http'|'cookie'|'config'|'signon'] Those are the selectable values available for that variable.

I am on an Xampp stack as well and the Documentation is found at LOCALHOST/phpmyadmin/Documentation.html#config which should be the same for you. Start your server first.

i could not acess phpmyadmin.password problem.Phpmyadmin Password Does Not Work

I could not access phpmyadmin. Got sum password problems.The message I receive is "#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)".I need a quick solution.

-reply by Neeraja Ben

Had same problemPhpmyadmin Password Does Not Work

Had the same problem.

Solved it by clearing cache since it remembers the old one- hope this helps someone

:)

-reply by davessel

PhpMyadminPhpmyadmin Password Does Not Work

I have to access the phpmyadmin of a website.I'm trying to enter the username and password given in the config.Inc.Php but its not logging in. Is there any other way to check the admin password?

-reply by Vishwas

I am alos facing the same problem. I have gone thru this chain and performed all the steps but didn't get any luck.I had installed the XAMPP on syatem and there is no setup.php file under the SCRIPTS folder.Please provide me your suggestions, thanks in advance !!!!

I have been designing my site on my desktop using XAMPP. Everything was ok until I thought I needed a pasword for my database which did not have a password. From the day I applied the password I have been unable to access my phpMyAdminI type LOCALHOST/phpmyadmin/ and all I get is:

"Who said use no password?" I wonder. I have tried to clear private data in the Firefox but I ended up thinking it was not necessary because even IE which I had never used for phpMyAdmin was saying the same thing.
Of cause I could start afress and get things back the way they used to be but I won't have learnt anything. Help me so that I'll know what makes these things tick

The config.inc file needs to be edited too. Check out this tutorial; http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/