xisto Community
FreedomOverdose

A Debate On Animal Testing

A debate on animal testingA Debate On Animal Testing

I'm totally against animal testing, its completly cruel and inhumane. Animal testing does have the benifit that it helps people but at what cost? Animals should not have to spend their lives living in cages feeling pain, neglect and constant fear.What gives us the right to inflict this on another living thing. Its easy to say that one animals suffering is worth it if it can save one human life and its easy to accept that logic because you don't have to watch it happen but what if you had to watch an animals pain and suffering before it benefited you, would you still be able to accept it? people should put others, whether its another person or animal, before themselves.

-reply by Destiny

Animal testing is WRONGA Debate On Animal Testing

I don't understand how people can tolerate testing on animals. If it was human testing this would be a much bigger topic. An animal has life. Youre taking or ruining a life in the process of testing

-reply by Stephanie

What if I were to tell you that owe your special chocolate tuffle lip stick to a mut, or a rat? 

Ok, so I see your  point, but humans are low cost also. We don't have any more importance than a common mouse. Why would we be more important then those of the animal kingdom?

-because they don't speak a human language? Well we don't speak an animal language. 

-They live in the wild well they have houses too

-They have fur, we have hair.

- We are all part of the animal kingdom.

And did you know there are 400 other methods for testing products? And are you aware off  what those animals go through?

1.Shave fur

2.Applying product to skin

3. Burn in order to top from killing animal

4.Repeat, again

Animals go through ower ;barbaric costems. And we should be ashasmed off what weve become. Why not us to be  tested?

Replying to Lightning73-reply by Mia benthall

Being born to live in a small cage and be tested on doesn't sound like an ideal life to me. I'm a vegetarian, so I'm naturally against animal testing in most circumstances. For testing cosmetic products it's especially ludicrous. Not only that, but in the majority of cases the reactions experienced by animals won't accurately reflect the reactions a product could inspire in humans, so the testing is never a definitive safeguard against potential ill consequence.

Besides, I think there are enough convicted murderers out there that would make good candidates for product testing. How would you like that for an anti-crime campaign: Don't do it or we'll inject random chemicals in you. And aside from them, there are quite a few other people out there who could only stand to benefit from having random experiments performed on them :P

You are forgetting the fact that the only reason some of these creatures are alive is because they are bred to be used for animal testing. Without they wouldn't even exist.

Well. . .A Debate On Animal TestingI am strictly againist animal testing, everytime I see those articles, or pictures, or even the videos I bawl my eyes out. Since I came across this for a school reseach paper, which I'm writing about being againist Animal testing, I thought I'd leave a comment. Now many people say they are againist this but don't follow through, like they'll still wash there hair with animal tested product and apply make up and what not. And I won't lie I am the same. We our only human, we think of ourselves more than others. When I think about the poor animals I try my hardest to find the truth of whats going on. Now this I found out that its way better than when it was in the 60s. There are more regulations and every animal has it own file and name. I learned that from a girl who has worked with her dad who does animal testing. Since animals like mice have 99% gene rate they do it on them because of the chance of death, which I'd rather have that not happen but would we give up our lifes for a fail product? It is sad we all know that but after awhile, like after this research paper, I'll probably not think about it because I know that I'd rather not be torture mentally about this. I know that this probably sounds messed up but I'll probably make up for it by being a Vet. I love animals so much I have 9 cats a dog and I want to adopted more so that they all have a life. I may not be able to save the ones in the lab but I can try and save the ones that are homeless or have medical problems. So I am againist animal testing but only to a extended amount. I'm sorry for them I wish they could speak our language cause I'm pretty sure if they could speak their minds that no one would test on them unless the lab people are for the holocaust. I hope that made sense. . .-reply by Xlexandra

Actually...A Debate On Animal Testing

Animals do not have emotions and internal complexes like human beings. Most have little means of communication  even within their own species and they cannot feel betrayed. Above this, animal testing is incredibly effective despite hippie-spread myths of them being too different from humans and that they are tortured. Scientists do their absolute best to keep animals safe in any sort of testing not only because they do care, but it is crucial in nearly all tests to keep the animal calm and satisfied for accurate results. Over 75% of all animal testing ever done was with mice and most forms of testing are more mental research. Put simply we're are talking about rats in a maze and phycialogical response. Not to mention that animal testing was the bases for polio, small pox, influenza, anthrax, rabbis, typhoid, cholera and tetanus. Without animal testing there would've been almost no way of stopping the spread of these epidemics and our present day would be incredibly grim. The fact is that in many cases, animal testing is needed to aquire the desired information.

-reply by Dr. Tromwell

Animal testing is wrong!!!A Debate On Animal Testing

Replying to Lightning73I strongly disagree with your statement here because the animals that scientists use for testing are not just bred for testing and they would exist without animal testing...Rats belong in the wild and so do mice and that is two of the animals that they use for animal testing they also use cats and dogs,yes they use two of the most common domestic companions for their heartless and pointless testing,so you are basicaly telling me that without animal testing cats,dogs,rats,and mice wouldn't exist,you need to rethink your statement.

-reply by Courtney

ANIMAL TESTING IS WRONG!!!!A Debate On Animal Testing

YES animal testing IS cruel and needs to be stopped IMMEDIATLY. This is because of how many poor innocent animals that have to be put through testing just because they can't do ANYTHING about it. Animals  should have the same rights as humans too. Animals aren't just put on this earth to be tested on. They are put here for our enjoyment, they aren;t just random little toys for humans to mess with, they are creatures, just like us. I believe animal testing is DIGUSTING because of what happens to the animals when they are tested on a product. Would you want to look at your dog everyday and think there is another dog somewhere else being testing on and being tortured? Would you want to think of YOUR dog or any other pet you have, to go through that sort of a thing.. Well I don't THINK SO. So I hope I am proving a point to any of you who believe animal testing is right (which I really do feel sorry for you) I wish you were put into animals perspective to see how they felt. Thanks and good bye. :))

-reply by Guest

Most of these animals are put to death after they are used for experiments and while they are still used for testing they are kept in small, cramped cages that are only big enough to turn around, stand and lie down. I only recently learned how bad and wrong animal experimentation is because of a school project but now I understand why it must be stopped. And alot of animals are used for make up and skin products which is just ridiculous! /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley7.Gif Monkeys are being infected with aids! Mice and rats are being exposed to toxic chemicals, sheep are being cloned, some animals are even practiced on for medical techniques in suregery! Posted Image /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley6.Gif This is a poor, defensless monkey being used as a test subject. Does this look like he is having a fun time? That his procedure is totally harmless? Didn't think so.

animal rights r wrong cuz..A Debate On Animal Testing61% of products on an animals has still fail to save a human life. Over hafe of the products have or will kill an human one day. Has anyones mind ever thought of how many animals a product has went there and still killed a human? animals are not human and humans are not animals two different living creatures but used for the same thing...Its wrong to use a poor helpless animal for testing when its not goin to work in the end.-reply by brooke

animal testing=/A Debate On Animal TestingReplying to salamangkeroWell now why is it that people say they do not want to inflict pain on animals when infact they are perfectly fine with paying somone else to do for them as long as they don't have to see it?I do not think animal testing is need anymore for we have so much information on the chemicals used now and days and there are alternatives that are better than poking and prodding animals for the products might be dangerous!? are you kidding me we know many if not all of the chemicals now and if they are dangerous or not so why do we need to put are beloved creatures throught the horror of animal testing has anyone actually seen the horror that goes on in a animal testing lab? if you have can you really say its morally right to keep them running?-reply by veghead

Animals have feelings tooA Debate On Animal TestingReplying to iGuest You say animals can't feel emotions like humans can. Well how come a dogs love their owners more than they love themselves, why are they so happy to see you as you walk through the door? And they say Elephants never forget, if a baby elephant witnesses their mother being butchered up by poachers why do they form a fear or hatred towards humans? And whenever elephants come across the body or bones of a member of the herd, some of them pick up one of the bones and carry them for a while and some just stay with the body for a while and mourn. A horse who is seperated from a longtime companion, whether it be another horse or another farm animal, will start to pine for their companion? Think about this before you go and proclaim that animals have no emotions like humans.-reply by Bruni

Replying to iGuest even an animal can feel when its kids are killed or taken they have formed that bond allready. Mother nature wouldnt have made thoughs diseases just so we could cure them. Everyone has to die thats how the it works, well if you like the fact of testing why don't you go and be tested to help the cure of like cancer, use your body to intake the ultra-violet rays to help them test, better yet why don't they just come and take you away from your family to do so, how would you like that? I understand what you mean about how we have feelings like no other creature on the planet, but they can still feel pain and they still want to feel loved thats somthing every thing has and nobody can take that away from them. :)-reply by R. HAVILAND

Animal experimentation is not predictive for humansA Debate On Animal Testing

Animal exp. (vivisection) causes human illness in 2 major ways.Firstly, anything and everything will pass an animal test irrespectiveOf what damage it does to humans and the environment. This providesLegal protection to the manufacturers or polluters but not physicalProtection to consumers. Largely as a result of this fraudulent testingHumans now have 30,000 diseases.

Secondly, once we have these incresing new and old diseases theResearch is almost entirely animal based, therefore no diseases areCured. 60 million animals a year killed in medical ?research? and not aSingle diseases, and there are 30,000 to choose from, cured year afterYear.

Animal experimentation is also a crime against humans. Strychnine,Cyanide, arsenic, botulin, asbestos, HIV infected blood, DDT, benzene,Cigarettes all pass animal ?tests?. Carcinogens, pollutants,Teratogens, neurotixins etc also pass.

-reply by noratmedicineforme