xisto Community
FreedomOverdose

A Debate On Animal Testing

to you who lke animals being tested onA Debate On Animal Testing

Every one who has said that they are for animal testing are disgusting , and if you don't change your mind after reading this them , we should test on you next !! ( only because you are for animal testing , ( humans are animals ) so you wouldnt mind being tested onIf you own a dog or a cat and you let it in the garden to do its business and you go to bring it back in its is gone , yes they drive around and capture animals that arent being watched or stray , how would you feel that you couldnt find your puppy or 11 year old ever aging. And you knew that it was going to endure a lifetime of pain. The animals used in tests arent just rats and mice they are also cats , monkeys ( captured ) dogs , pigs , reptiles and other domestic and farm animals. The monkeys are put into a primate chair and have their tops of heads cut off while awake with no anesthetic and have drugs pumped in to their brains.Did you know what happens to pregnant monkeys they are made to inhale nicotine 23 hours a day then when the baby has developed enough they cut it out and see what smoking does to unborn babies. Then they discard it in a bin or mush it up and give it to the mother to eat. Of course they know what happens to babies and mothers when they smoke, its a waste of animals , animals that could be out side roaming freely. So if you smoke you are condeming two lives , 1 of which ( not yours ) hasnt got a choice if they want to smoke or not. Then the "scientists" have a cheek to use more animals to to find a cure for lung cancer , if they know what happens to smokers , why still test it on animals , it isnt magically going to make the smokers lungs get better is it ?Animals were here first so by rights they should experiment on use not vice versa , but you wouldnt like that now would you ? you hypocriteEver heard of treat others how you want to be treated so if you want to test on animals then test on our self and that is how you treat them and the "scientist" should treat you like that.If you agree to animal testing then go and sign yourself up for animal testing as humans are animals also.If you havent changed your mind you can go to hell for harming gods creatures. You wouldnt harm your kids , friends or family so why your companion that will love you for ever and ever, your friends , family and kids wont if you treat them horrid but animals do. Its a win - loose situationSHAME ON YOU !!-reply by emma

debate on animal testingA Debate On Animal Testing

To all those who think animal experimentation is a good thing-I am strictly against animal testing for many various reasonsAnimal experimentation is just cruel for me.I mean c'mon. Just think- if animals were to be bigger than us and instead of us, they have the choice and suddenely we are being picked on thrown into some weird cage and taken to a lab where they suddenly start injecting things into our body and begin decorating us on products which could even take lives.And on the topic that mice and rats are being experimented on that is dafinitely incorrect as many scientists use rabbits, cats, pigs and ive even heard of APES!Of course they don't think like us but animals certainly have feelings- especially apes who are 97% like us and dogs (so called mans best friend).Have a think are for once ask the human inside youIS THIS RIGHT ???????????????????

stop testingA Debate On Animal Testing

testing on animals is just plain out mean and cruel!! just think id someone that wasn't a scientist tested on an animals they would go to jail for animals abuse. But scientis can go ahead and test its just not right!! and animlas react to thing different then humans! I also herd that some test scientists do are illegal!! but so they get in trouble no! its just not right!! animals deserve right just the same as people!

love,

danii <3

Animals don?t have a voice to speak for themselves they are helpless and need us to care for them. How is it fair that we take helpless animals and harm them in many ways? How is it fair to hurt animals for makeup that we use? It? not fair and we need to stop animal cruelty and animal testing.

Did you know that every year millions of animals are poisoned, blinded and killed in crude tests? Rats, mice, guinea pigs, rabbit, dogs, monkeys and many other animals are forced to swallow or inhale huge quantities of test substances or endure pain of a chemical eating away at their sensitive eyes and skin. Know think if you didn?t have a voice or a choice for these things to happen to you, can you imagine the pain? People test cosmetics on animals, know that is wrong. The human race can live with out cosmetics. Why put animals in pain to make yourselves look ?pretty?!

Animal testing is also done to find cures for diseases. Yes they have found may cures through animal testing but there are many alternative ways to do so.

-reply by chriisy

people, this is reality! sure I don't like the thought of animals being tortured for a new and improved mascara, but on a medical level, it has saved thousands, no millions of lives. So to those who say "we are equal" and "animal teting isn't necessary at all", just be realistic!! 

-reply by realist

ANIMAL TESTING!!!A Debate On Animal Testing

Animal testing many be cruel and many people are against it but without animals many of the drugs we have today wouldn?t be around and helping save lives. Some animals have very similar systems to ours and can show people the effects of each individual drug, and the side effects. Animal testing is also a lot cheaper than testing on humans. Animals can be easily breed and can be kept in labs and have a close eye on them to see if they are alright.

Although animals are like humans and can feel pain and suffering just like we can many people wouldn?t be alive if it wasn?t for the sacrificing the animals do. I don?t see how people can be so against animal testing for drugs and other essential things. Its like arguing over if people should have abortions, is exactly the same thing you are killing an animal for no reason who has rights but cant speak up for them selves. It?s the same for animals. So why do people go against animal testing and don?t worry about people having abortions.           

-reply by SchoolGirl94

Stop The Testing On The AnimalsA Debate On Animal TestingThis is my own opinion; I think that testing on animals is cruel. In the bible it said to take care of the animals that God made for us. He also said to enjoy the animal to name each not kill them. It?s wrong to kill animals for our new drugs. How would you like it if you were the animal in the cage? I bit you would not like it would you are being tested on with new drugs. Here are some of my reasons. One it's auribel for animals. Two it?s torture. I think the animal should not be killed by mankind. Imagine you getting torture? Are you ok with animal torture?! Me no! The animals don?t support that! AND ANIMAL DEAD! That it's auribel. I think that is very aurible for the people. It's crazy!! And is very dangerous for the animals! And for human! It?s not the same reaction! I don't think that it should be OK to test product on animals. Do you think its ok to test new product on animals.  I think is not possible and it should be stopped.-reply by masuch6

What else can you do?A Debate On Animal Testing

What other ways are there to test products and drugs? I am against animal abuse completely, I don't agree with it, but I want to back up my point by knowing how else can you test these products?

-question by Ayesha

What is my favorite food?A Debate On Animal Testing

I am totally, 100% against animal testing for several reasons. The fact that people test on animals for our own purpose seems hard- heart-ed. I understand we need different products for various reasons. How else would we know if the product effects us in a bad way? We need to come to an understanding of what we're dealing with so we can improve the lives of people, for what ever purpose. Yes, I can understand that, but not to the point where we're testing on animals countless times until their of no use. So much for their lives. Why should animals suffer for our needs. I really don't see any positive side of that. If people want to find out how something may effect us, find out a different way to test these products; that's what some scientists do. I don't like the fact that animals are treated as a guinea pig. Just because animals can't tell us it hurts, doesn't mean their not hurting. I know you can definitely tell by the look in their eyes. I have two dogs and one cat of my own and I would do anything in my power to help them from what ever crisis.

-reply by Megan

QUESTION NEEDS TO BE ANSWEREDA Debate On Animal Testing

hey I'm 13 years old and I need help.I'm doing a 2000 word news paper artical on testing on animals. I was wondering if you knew after they test on the animals where do they go dead or alive?Thanks for reading! 

-question by Jenna

againstA Debate On Animal Testing

so why take that chance on the animals we are all God's creatures so why is one life less valuable than the other?  

-reply by melissa

Animal testing is wrongA Debate On Animal Testing

For one thing, it's outdated. Animals do not have the same body systems as we do. For another, they have computer models and cell structures that are much more complex than animals, and more accurate. It's simply stupid to use animals. Not to mention they suffer a great deal of pain through testing. So why do it??????

-reply by Chloe Anna

Good Or BadA Debate On Animal Testing

I am for animal testing in the medical industry. The law says  that all products made by the biotech. Companies have to test on animals before the product can ever be released to market. Many life saving products have been developed and released to the public because of animal testing. The medicine you take every day was first tested on animals to ensure product safety.  Things that keep you alive and many other people. But the other thing is people that take the pets to the vet. Need to understand that vets learn how to take care of animals and what medicine to use because of animal testing.

However I  am strongly against  animal testing in the cosmetic industry. That is something that is not necessary  and should be outlawed there are many products out there that have no chemicals in them like that mineral makeup that works  fine and is not tested on animals because it is just dirt. There is many alternatives but scientist still have to test on animals because of the law.

Yes I agree with you for the most part but you wouldnt be saying that if some one close to you had a deadly illness and the only was they could save them was through testing on an animal.-reply by got a problem with that!?

Animal testing is Wrong.A Debate On Animal Testing

Animal experiments are supposedly necessary in order to make the products we use safe and to find new therapies for sick people. However, they are in fact not suitable for judging the effects and hazards of substances for humans. Scientists, politicians and citizens are now increasingly recognising that animal experiments don?t fulfil what they promise, and that their results are not directly applicable to humans. Animal experiments are immoral. Animal experimentation is not compatible with ethically justifiable medicine and science.

-reply by user