xisto Community
armondtimesbelize

Google Chrome Reviews What do u think of Googles latest freeware browser?

NoScript is an awesome extension for Firefox... which makes me wonder what Chrome features to detect and combat malicious scripts...
The sandboxing feature will keep things to just one process so that you can kill things safely, but what if you don't know to kill it? Not everyone will be able to recognize a worm threat...

Anyone know of any sites that purposefully has malicious script to "attack" a client for the sole purpose of testing browser security? :P

You could always ask that to NoScript's creator eheh :P

As for the security in Chrome, it is virtually the same as any default install of firefox or safari (using chrome and webkit from those browsers, respectively). Still, I'd like to see some adblocking in Chrome (even though I support ads, I don't really like those that become really intrusive and stuff like that. Flash ads aren't good, too... they slow sites down). I'd like to see a NoScript equivalent in Chrome as well, but with granular control like the one that Opera offers (per-site settings regarding javascript, css, plugins, etc).

I asked NoScript's author if he was ever gonna make NoScript able to perform these kinds of custom blockings and he said that he would... However, not until v2.0, at least. Looking forward, though. (especially if Chrome somehow begins supporting firefox's extensions to some degree)

I only used Chrome for a week and we had to part ways. I did not unistall it but it's no longer my default browser. I t seemed to be too heavy for my gunk-ware laden P3 machine with less than 512MB memory. I think I'll have to try it again when I get a better rig. The thing is resource hungry. It sets the benchmark for what people call a memory hog. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying this is a bad browser coz I think what it does under the hood is worth the resources it will be grazing. I wish they could make it as customizable as Firefox. Until they do that people like me are going to stick to the good old FF.

I won't try Google's Chrome until it comes for Linux (which the only OS I use - though yesterday https://www.codeweavers.com/about/blogs/jwhite/2008/9/15/fire-drills-and-proving-a-point CodeWeavers released a free-as-in-beer binaries of Chromium on top of Wine for Linux and Apple's Macs) and thats the time when I'll try it and review it :)

I only used Chrome for a week and we had to part ways. I did not unistall it but it's no longer my default browser. I t seemed to be too heavy for my gunk-ware laden P3 machine with less than 512MB memory. I think I'll have to try it again when I get a better rig. The thing is resource hungry. It sets the benchmark for what people call a memory hog. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying this is a bad browser coz I think what it does under the hood is worth the resources it will be grazing. I wish they could make it as customizable as Firefox. Until they do that people like me are going to stick to the good old FF.

I know that Chrome wasn't exactly much to compare with when it came to being a memory hog, but unfortunately that seems to be the on-going trend with browsers and tabbing, not to mention that Chrome separates each tab as a separate process (to include dependencies for each) and adding new features to better the browsing experience.

I hate how there really isn't a way to make things better without putting more strain on resources... but it is what it is. I'm sure developers aren't too worried about it considering that most everyone is going to be upgrading as time goes on. I don't know of many people that keep their older machines... much less anyone else (in person) that has a machine that has less than 512MB of RAM. I'm sure that in a few years, 2GB will be the new bare minimum. :)

What I was really hoping google chrome would be was more than just a browser. I was hoping that this was a browser that would attach itself to your google account, display your google bookmarks, always keep you logged into all of google's services, and perhaps help you sync your google information with your computer. But it turned out that it's just another browser. Now I'm not saying that Chrome is a bad browser, I just had slightly higher expectations when I heard the rumor that google was making their own browser.

From the brief use of it I like it. I'm a mac user so at the moment I'm waiting for the OS X version. For a newly released beta program its pretty good. I like it. (I've use it on the desktop running windows and I liked it). So fingers crossed the mac binary comes relatively quickly unlike qtrax (which is built on songbird) which said a beta release would be out may. Oh well. from this it sounds like something worth waiting for. Maybe in the near future we might see ads suggesting that google chrome is the way to go, instead of the firefox ads we see.I still maintain Google should release an OS. I think that would be awesome!

I don't like Google Chrome. It would be the last web browser I would choose if all the others failed. I think it uses too much cache (I think) when going to a website. (I heard this from someone on another forum, but I'm not sure about it). Yes, it may be open source, but it's not the only browser which is... Mozilla Firefox (the most popular browser ever - I believe) is also open source. Google should not have ever though of making a web browser, I think they should just stick to programs (NOT web browsers), search engine and services.

I am not impressed by Google Chrome. It's not as interesting as I thought. Many called its very light. But I don't think so. It is using approx 20MB for every new tab. And it lacks many features. No options to customize to our needs. No option to block flash content. I think it should have options to disable the plugins it has. May be, future versions include these options and more extensions. Its speed dial is also not good. It keeps adding on its own, and the contents in the dial pad are changing when we go to new sites. Then whats the use with speed dial? Actually, I am using firefox with AdBlock, and in my Opera also I blocked many adds. When I started using chrome, I was annoyed by the ads and flashes. At present Google Chrome is not even near to the Firefox. May be better than Internet Explorer. Hope future versions of Chrome rocks.

Hey all, I think that Google's new browser, CHROME isn't too good, its more of a prototype for me, it doesnt allow me to veiw anything, all I get is some stinking error that doesnt even say why, it just says "Oops! Google Chrome has failed, click okay to retry" and the same thing everytime. It has an okay layout but still it isn't good. I am using vista but I have an xp as well, it works on that so out of all I would say roughly 5/10

I have been using google chrome for quite some time now...I find it quit cool and light weight...its definitely faster than Internet Explorer...I know its new ..so it will take quite some time for it compete with Firefox...but it in its initial stages its doing quite good ..Bringing the websites when I type them ...is a nice feature...It has a website database of its own ....so it will suggest u the site name ...even if u haven't visited the site ever...thats ....a good feature...and the second one is that ....when one tab crashes....all the others are unaffected..and one thing more ...when u open a link in a new tab..it opens the tab...adjacent to the page through which u opened it ...so it keeps the similar pages together or grouped..so in my opinion ...chrome is doing really good in its early times...and it will be strong contender in future.

and one thing more ...when u open a link in a new tab..it opens the tab...adjacent to the page through which u opened it ...so it keeps the similar pages together or grouped..

Hmmm...Its not a new feautre special to Chrome. Most browsers with tabbled browsing already have this feature, for example Opera. In Opera, you can customize this option to open the new tab next to active tab, or to open normally.
I agree with you about crashing. May be this is the only feature in Chrome, that other browsers lack.

I LOVE IT!! I am actually using it right now. It has been my default browser for the past month or so. In the thing where you input the URL, you can enter the character, "g", and push the enter key on the keyboard and you get to search google!! No more google homepage. But then I can't decide which website to make my homepage. Maybe I will make Xisto my homepage. Anyways, it is nice looking but what I don't like about it is that you can view your saved passwords which makes it less protective if someone else gets onto your computer.

Another defect... Chrome has no support for animated PNGs nor animated SVGs, which is kind of going backwards in features, relatively to Opera (which supports APNG and ASVG) and Firefox (which supports APNG). It would be nice if it passed the Acid3 when it is done, too...

I also don't like that either..... Hopefully there will be an update in the future to fix that.
Overall I rate Google Chrome....

9.5/10 !!!