xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FreedomOverdose

Is Our World Slowly Dying?

Global Warming

Every year, the temperature is rising in a few degrees and very soon, it will too hot for both us and the animals to survive, or we will get into another Ice Age.

Earth is running out of resources

With the huge population, humans use too much resources for their own good and soon this resources will run out, what will we do then?

War in Iraq, and now in Georgia?

Did you know that all the budget went for the War in Iraq could do these things :

-End World Hunger

-Every kid could go to school for free

-Advanced Researches to find solutions for our biggest problems

-Better environment in whole America

War in Iraq was supposed to stop the terrorist threat against the world with their atom bombs, but it cost only casualties [innocents lives] and money

The war in Georgia and Russia...its all ~censored~ political ~love~, they are going to murder thousands of innocents just to settle some pointless arguments.

Education, Learning to be greedy or intellectual

This days, people care only about their good grades, why? cause they know if they'll finish school and university with a specialty they will be rich, but that's not the point of education.

Education was supposed to teach the kids how to live their life and how to do something useful to the world itself, how can you be useful to the world if your some fancy lawyer with alot of money.

Humans become weak

People this days start to day younger, diseases and bad life style.

''You live only once, enjoy it'' Enjoy? or Enjoy and ruin to others?.

Imagine you could live 200 years, thats unnatural for us, but that was real many years ago, but not now.

Aliens, the real threat?

When earth wont be a place to live in anymore, where would the human race go? explore the universe and destroy other living races so they could settle in another planet?

How can we help?

In my opinion, the first step should be made is to change the way of education, teach kids from youth age how to be useful to humanity.

and ofcourse finish this wars so we could focus on something that is really important.

Debate please.

For me the World is not dying, she is constantly changing. We can only adapt to what changes she will brings to us. For those who cannot adapt will perish like what happened to the dinosaurs, as what the other is saying about the extinction of dinosaurs.

I really do not feel as it is dying so to say. I also feel as it is changing. There was a time way back when, when the earth did this before. Back before the dinosours. Something changed the way the eath was, as something will change the earth as we know it now. what that is we really do not know. Some say Globle warming, some say a war.

I also don't understand the part where you say humans lived for about 200 years... is there something I missed out from history, or that never happened at all? As for going out of Earth to live in another planet-- I think I cannot say anything about this because by the moment something like that is going to happend it's likely we won't be there even living hundreds of years. Also, we have made lots and lots of movies imagining aliens would come here to kill us; we have actually no clue about that, we don't even know for sure if they exist, but if they do they won't necessarily kill us.Bringing conscience to people about these things is hard since there will always be someone that doesn't want to do what would be better to the Earth and the people that live in it.

Global Warming

Every year, the temperature is rising in a few degrees and very soon, it will too hot for both us and the animals to survive, or we will get into another Ice Age.

Well technically, as the artic melts, the jet stream changes. And as for a melting ice cap - well, just remember that it is still polar, there will ALWAYS be ice, and it will still be below 50 in the air.

It doesnt have to be below freezing on the ground, but this is basically how a mini ice age starts. Sea is warmed -> Evapourates -> Freezes in the air -> Falls as snow -> More is evapourated -> More snow

And eventually, this process repeats, and the snow will build up again. The snow will cool the hemisphere, and more snow will be dumped - and it spreads far and beyond.

Scientists already say that this process may have already started - since 3 inches of snow was recorded in northern spain, 3 feet of snow in northern uk and -22C was an all time low in Scotland in January.

With the huge population, humans use too much resources for their own good and soon this resources will run out, what will we do then?

Did you know that all the budget went for the War in Iraq could do these things :

-End World Hunger

-Every kid could go to school for free

-Advanced Researches to find solutions for our biggest problems

-Better environment in whole America

War in Iraq was supposed to stop the terrorist threat against the world with their atom bombs, but it cost only casualties [innocents lives] and money

The war in Georgia and Russia...its all ~censored~ political ~love~, they are going to murder thousands of innocents just to settle some pointless arguments.

We cant help war - this is maybe a good thing also - it keeps the population in control.

This days, people care only about their good grades, why? cause they know if they'll finish school and university with a specialty they will be rich, but that's not the point of education.

Education was supposed to teach the kids how to live their life and how to do something useful to the world itself, how can you be useful to the world if your some fancy lawyer with alot of money.

Exactly - in the early 20th century, schools were teaching life skills - for example, women were taught to garden; trim hedges; clean properly and basically the house work. There were obviously mathematics, but it isnt as intensive as today.

Humans become weak

People this days start to day younger, diseases and bad life style.

''You live only once, enjoy it'' Enjoy? or Enjoy and ruin to others?.

Imagine you could live 200 years, thats unnatural for us, but that was real many years ago, but not now.

Well no, the average age now for a 1st world country is 70-80. Which is far more than 100 years ago. People in england in the 19th century only lived to the age of 50, maybe less.

People in the 15-16 century didnt even live to 30.

Aliens, the real threat?

When earth wont be a place to live in anymore, where would the human race go? explore the universe and destroy other living races so they could settle in another planet?

You believe in this stuff?

The closest planet that MAY have life forms is roughly 10 million light years away.

I was watching this program a couple of weeks ago about life based planets, and infact they are that far away, that they use frequencies to detect orbits that may be of a close range to there star.

How can we help?

In my opinion, the first step should be made is to change the way of education, teach kids from youth age how to be useful to humanity.

and ofcourse finish this wars so we could focus on something that is really important.

Plant trees in the desert OR lay out a HUGE white mat that covers the artic.

It will preserve the arctic, and slow down heating.

--

The world is going through its natural life cycle, and infact, humans have lived through an ice age, a meteor impact (evidence was found by mysterious caves in america), a super volcanoe and hundreds of other volcanoes.

Personally, i think that 0.5% of the world will survive an iceage. 0.5% sounds tiny, but thats a rediculously huge number still - if one was to happen today, 30 million people would survive it. Thats the UK pretty much (substract 20 million :D)

IMO also - the world is dieing from all the technology! 90s were awesome, and i'd expect that everybody here would like to live their lives in the 80s and 90s. wouldnt they?

--

Hydrogen fueled cars are just as bad as fossil fuels!

Now whats the product of burning hydrogen? Water!

Now what is the cause of storms? Clouds!

Now how can we control the weather? We can't!

Hydrogen cells are the worst invention somebody has come to terms of - so what if we have an unlimited supply.

It still produces heat, and it is incredibly dangerous.

Just to point out - Carbon is black, white smoke is NOT smoke at all. Powerstations are quite eco of the emissions, and the smoke you see coming out of it is actually STEAM. And steam is bad!

Edited by flashy (see edit history)

I also don't understand the part where you say humans lived for about 200 years

I think what Freedomoverdose is refering to is the fact that the way the human body is designed by nature, it has the ability to last for 145 years, or so. And there are a couple isolated villages in the world where people do live now to an extremely old age.

It is a given that everything that is alive will at some point in time die. One can argue the fact that the earth is not exactly alive, that it is just a big hunk of rock, and there is only life living ON the rock. This planet has undergone many changes in the billions of years since it's existance. Huge land masses have broken up on it's surface and shifted about, the climate has changed from tropical to ice, then back again, and over the coming eons it will continue to do so.

Using up all the resorses on earth would be almost impossible, in the case of natural resourses anyway. While we may eventually burn up all the oil and burn all the coal that is formed in the earth, anything derived from plant life will continue to grow, at least until our sun burns up. Trees will continue to grow to make lumber, plants will continue to grow to make us and the animals on earth food and fiber.

And while it would be great if it could happen, you will most likely never stop war. Wars have gone on since the beginning of time. Indians in this country fought with other tribes, in medival times kings fought each other for more land, People of one religion fought with those of another religion, it just goes on and on and on.

In reguards to Aliens......

You believe in this stuff?

Well.....Yea. :D
It's hard to look up in the night sky and see all those million points of light and not think that somewhere out there life does exist. We would have to be pretty concieted to believe we are the only planet in this HUGE universe that has life on it.

I'm another one who wonders why you said humansonce lived for 200 hundred years.I thought the life expectancy had increased, not decreased.Who knows,with the population explosion maybe we'll be able togrow food in outer space.Maybe we could mine the moon forresources as well.I'm not 100% sure about global warming though.Records haven't been kept long enough to be perfectly sure that it isn't just part of nature.Things like greenhouse emissions and pollution should be kept to a minimum though.I like to be an optimist.

Global Warming

This topic is debatable. Some argue global warming is really not occuring while others disagree. The earth has undergone a series of climate changes throughout the years. There was the Ice age and then there was a time during the medieval period where the earth was relatively warmer than it usually is. Multiple studies have shown that there is no correlation between human impact and the environment. The earth might be undergoing a transitional phrase where it becomes warmer because of less magnetic activity sun spot cycle.

I agree with you there but we're starting to recycle and wil continue to do so.

The world has lived through WWI, WWII, etc. It is very unlikely that humans will be able to make such a big impact. Humans don't have the ability to destroy the world. Last point, the War in Iraq and in Georgia are relatively minute compared to many of the wars the world has gone through? Nuclear wars? Please...

Education can only further human society and living standards.

Humans become weak

Believe it or not, humans are actually a lot more healthier than were their ancestors.

Aliens, the real threat?

No comment.

How can we help?

We can help by uplifting the low moral standards society has bestowed upon us when each person was born.

PS: Let's recycle too. :D

Edited by BordaForx (see edit history)

I do not feel that the world is dying, I just feel that it is changing, like others said.What scares people about that is a normal human instinct - the fear of the unknown.Wars and all are all in the Bible, they are religiously talked about, etc. So I find them to be a "necessary evil."Global warming is nothing we can control and it really is not getting worse. In fact, our Ozone is better than it was 50,000 years ago!Aliens....I do not even really know what to say about this part. I do not believe that there are outside beings other than what we have on Earth(And those we sent elsewhere of course)