xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
radames

Impose New Rule In Soccer

If your going to call it soccer then you opinion is irrellivent, the name is "Football" Keep it the same except offside is offside, keep it simple guys! Oh btw I'm back.

A two-point shot, just like the three point shot in basketball.

That would mean Futbol will be like basketball already which I don't really like.

keep it simple guys!

I have to agree with you. Futbol is really simple to play once you get the hang of it.

IMO, All this bickering over using replays to judge fouls, offsides, whether a goal is a goal or not all boils down to one simple rule: Fair Play.

Maybe what's better is more football styles. Basketball has streetball. I'd like to see a street football culture pretty much like we have street basketball. I think it will promote the game more and make it more interesting. Then we can start talking about rules.

i personally don't agree with the use of too much technology in deciding something on the field.. the most obvious thing that come to mind is the offside rule. yes they sure can do better judgement using camera that could show whether the player offside or not, but it decline the referee's power. the referee is a human too, so it's humanly should he makes a mistake.. football is human sport, not 'machine'

In Brazil we see a lot of unfair play, so it would be cool if there would be some kind of rule to limit the number of faults by player or by team. For example, the player can do at most 4 faults and them he would have to stay out of the field for 5 or 10 minutes for each new fault he makes. I don't know, what do u think?Beside this, I like the way substitutions are made in handball, maybe it could be the same in football.

No.I wouldn't add anything like a two point shot in soccer.That would change the nature of the game too much. What I would do is increase the number of substitutions allowed during a match.Right now I think it's 4.Make it so that a in certain instances a player can be taken off and put back on. Also,maybe increase overall substitutions to seven.

I agree with networker, adding a two point shot will make them goals pretty much useless and we don't want that do we? :)

Imposing a new rule? I guess I wouldn't add anything new to football (it's football not soccer - I don't care about that silly game you call American "football" it's rugby) but I'll tighten the foul rules and I'll give a rule for a 2nd bad foul attack to be immediately punished with a yellow card and never forgiven.

Goal line cameras would be a decent idea I think. There have been some right howlers by referees as to awarding goals that never were, or vice versa (Watford Vs Reading this season was one of the worst!) You could have a 2nd referee view the footage to determine if it was a goal and tell the one on the pitch via the earpiece so it wouldn't slow down a game at all really. I kinda like the idea of having to field a number of "homegrown" players for every game as well.

I don't have any major things I would change about the game. Introducing cameras or more 'machines' to referee would i think ruin the fluidity of the game, and can lead to some ridiculous REALLY marginal decisions (e.g. like in Tennis where a ball is called in when it catches 1mm of the line, how is the human eye supposed to see that?).Still the idea of a goaline camera could work, since it is sort of a crucial point on the field... and very unfair when goals that weren't are rewarded. That wouldn't ruin the flow of the game much either because it really is at the end of a play that it would be used.

I dont agree with any changes in football. The rules currently in place are enough for the game to run smothely as it is.

When a football game finishes, people then start to talk of what just happened. Of course there are disagreements, but isn't this the love of the game? Imagine when the game finishes that everything went so fairly that their was nothing to talk about!

People say in the English Premier League that the big four clubs get the decisions that win leagues. But I disagree:

Example1

People say Utd get most 50/50 decisions. Is this not because they are top of the league? If a decision is made against them that may cost them the league, no referee is going to jepordise their career over a second yellow sending off offence.

Example2

Ronaldo and his diving:

As we know this is an expensive player. Why is he expensive? Because he makes a difference in a team. He has quick feet, so hence the reason he wins more penalties for his team then other players. Yes, he dives a bit, but personaly I believe he doesnt get enough free kicks.

Here is aa quote from sky sports live commentry:

89 Ronaldo looks to be brought down inside the box but no penalty is given. Looking at the replay, he was clearly tripped by Neill, a poor decision by Mr Dowd.

Video wont stop this from happening. These players are pros, and are coached by pros, so they find weekness in opponents before the game so they have the advantages in the game. eg. If a player has a week left leg for tackeling with, when dribbling past him go to his left, he may foul you.

Football is a flowing game. And as every manager states, "Hopefully with a bit of luck on the day"

So I say "NO" to video evidence or any elabourate rules.

Edited by Reddish (see edit history)

Reddish I love you, You want to know why :D1) I support Man u.2) I Have been shouted for them.3) We are the best !!!!!But no I play for a team my self and I like the way football runs, No changes should be ever done to it, Its a classic sport that can be left untouched.

Yep, Im a Devil. Even got the red hair to suit it!!!Played football every week up untill last year, but now concentrate on my athletics. Would love to go semi-pro but have a few bad happits I need to get rid of first!Its funny I posted that yesterday. Was watching the Ireland v Georgia game earlier. Not sure if Ireland deserved that penalty. Maby its better off we dont have video playback!!!Two disaloud goals too. Man, the guys upstairs would have been busy. But hey, if the decisions were corrected on the spot, what would be the point in buying the paper in the morning!!! :D

First I suggest using goal line camera,this will help a lot.The second,i suggest introduce into green card instead of oral warning,such like two green card equals one yellow card,i think that will reduce illegality and injury,that will make match more fluent and nice!Finally,i would say,i like Ac milan:) and kaka!hehe:)Good luck to all!