xisto Community
FaLgoR

Age Of Empires Ii Scenarios

Do you usually play scenarios in age of empires 2? Much people don't play Random Map, but only scenarios. What's your prefered scenario? Mini-castle, GWarz, Germz Blood, Grave Blood, Spider Blood you know... I really like Mini-castle because team work is the key for win the game (and some lucky helps too ;D).

I used to be so addicted to custom scenarios. For about a year I would play non-stop. I liked Hero Castle Blood, where you had to convert units and stuff, I found it more fair... Normal Castle Blood, where it was based on luck was ok as well. Didn't like Mini or Fair Castle Blood much for some reason...Archers Hellfire was always fun, as was Germs Blood and Grave Blood. Didn't like Spider Blood much either. Defense was fun when it was a challenge... specially when you get to the end and everyone's maxed out the land space with towers and units and all the sabotuers with Khans come in and start to whack everything :rolleyes:

Did anyone here ever get as far as making their own scenarios and maps for the game at all. I know I had a go at maps and made a few, but wouldn't go so far as to claim that they were at all good. I never tried doing anything more imaginative than that though. Things were just complicated enough to keep me from wanting to do much more, and it was time that could be better spent playing the scenarios made by other people.

I am just wondering if they will have these on the new Age of Empires 3?I am still pretty sure though that Warcfrat had something to do with them releasing this.

i play random map and i hate deathmatch because you get tomany resources and its no fun. i like making a village and getting resources the hard way it makes it interesting. dose anyone play online? i cant get it to work online...:P

Yeah, started playing online again today after about a break of more than a year :P - which I needed after playing two years straight.

Anyway, whats the problem? You simply need to install Age of Empires II, go to http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-one and find Age of Empires II. From there go to Downloads and get the English patch. Run it, and then go to http://zone.msn.com/en-us/home

Make sure you're using Internet Explorer, somehow installation won't work on Firefox. Sign in using your .net Passport (or make one), then click on CD Rom up the top. Choose Age of Empires II, and it will download some files to your computer. Say yes if it asks you to install (duh). Then just click on a game room, and find a game that's not full, or host one yourself.

i play random map and i hate deathmatch because you get tomany resources and its no fun. i like making a village and getting resources the hard way it makes it interesting. dose anyone play online? i cant get it to work online...:D

42473[/snapback]

yes, I think it too. Deathmatch is for rooks. There is no fun :/

yes, I think it too. Deathmatch is for rooks. There is no fun :/

45396[/snapback]

Not necessarily, there are a lot of pro DM players too. It does have less variation than say an RM game, but there is certainly strategy there. Especially if you don't manage to kill your opponent(s) quickly, the game gets drawn out, and it's a huge grab for resources, granted you don't play one of the custom maps with gold mines/trees/stone everywhere.

yeah, one of the best games I played so far...was addicted to it and played all night sometimes..I played scenarious or campaigns in the beginning but later random map only.I have played it over LAN for some time and it was great competing and lot better than against the computer..A few improvements in age of mythology were good... and now am playing that more often... (actually i did not like it first but later felt this was better)..heard that age of empires 3 is going to be released. can wait to play it....saw a few screenshots somewhere....may be their site.. :D

yeah, one of the best games I played so far...

was addicted to it and played all night sometimes..

I played scenarious or campaigns in the beginning but later random map only.

I have played it over LAN for some time and it was great competing and lot better than against the computer..

A few improvements in age of mythology were good... and now am playing that more often... (actually i did not like it first but later felt this was better)..

heard that age of empires 3 is going to be released. can wait to play it....

saw a few screenshots somewhere....may be their site.. :D

45578[/snapback]

age of mithology sux

I don't like it. Its full of monsters and other things. I prefer the conquerors...

I agree about the deathmatches not being so much fun generally. I found they tended only to work when you have enough players that anyone launching an early attack has to worry about another player hitting his base while he is gone. That helps to keep people wary for a while and means they have to maintain a force rather than just buidling one up as quickly as possible. Resources wear down quickly if you have to keep replacing units from small battles so you have to think a bit more carefully about what to do.

Hey you know them multiplayer maps we all played on zone before it quit?Ya you know the ones likeMini-castle and such if you could get me a link to download them please-alex

What's your prefered scenario? Mini-castle, GWarz, Germz Blood, Grave Blood, Spider Blood you know... I really like Mini-castle because team work is the key for win the game (and some lucky helps too ;D).

What are those names? Are they really in Age Of Empires 2? I have scenarios like El cid, and other(I don't remember now, played a year back).

Anyway, I liked this game very much, more because it was the first game when my new computer was brought.

I usually create more villagers and some soldiers at first. You can see that by doing so, you needn't bother about resources later in the game, where situation becomes tight. I almost forgot how I used the tactics to complete all of the main scenarios.

This game requires good rememberance, for example you are creating farms and then move some soldiers to oppeonent area and put some villagers on lumber, then select a villager to create a castle..... now you must have forgot to see the soldiers sent to opponents area. But fortunately you remember by the sound it beeps.

Huh, there can be complete manual on startegies, tricks, and hints. This game really requires hours to complete unlike shooting games like QUAKE III etc.

Recently I played the demo version of AOE 3. The graphics are so amazing with 3d look. Hoping more RTS's with 3d effect.. (I remember a complete 3d rts named HOMEWORLD part I and II, more about this in a new topic soon).
Edited by nitish (see edit history)