xisto Community
innosia

The Name Trap

I get what he means, it sounds like Xisto is a trap. But the people who join Xisto to be intelligent enough to research whether or not Xisto is a trap or not. Typing in Xisto on google you get endless pages of great reviews and currently hosted websites.

The name Xisto is what got me to this webhost.I mean, I was watching a list of hosts, and this name sounded the best. I wasn't even looking at what the service offers.

I don't think the name trap goes against it, but actually makes the webhost more interesting. It means the people that run it have a clever sense of humour and are not doing this just to get money fast and so to attract attention with things like 5giga.com or something like that.

it must me reverse psychology?
but we think to far, as in earlier post, Xisto is trapit

it must me reverse psychology?but we think to far, as in earlier post, Xisto is trapit

It wasn't confirmed that Xisto is trapIt, it was just a theory.
As far as I know, it was the name of a computer gaming place Opaque used to go to, so it was a catchy name.

Not necessarily reverse psychology, but really, I don't know scam websites to use names like trap or scam, spam, etc.
It was a name just for fun. And I very like it how it is.

i was never concerned about the name lol. read the Xisto story written by OpaQue. it explains everything: the hardships, the good parts, the NAME!, and many other things which you would want to know about Xisto. it is pinned in the general section of the forum.

You need to remember a well known quote:"Dont judge a book by its cover."Also, scam sites would be messy in most cases. If you go to Xisto.com, it has a neat and clean layout with almost no spelling mistakes, all the links look official. If it were a scam site, you'd probably see many advertisements, pop-ups, broken links, fake links.Not saying that you think its a scam site but I can see what you're thinking of. You think trap is actually a trap.

Yeah, it really scared a dude on a Macedonian forum when I recommended this site as a forum on which he could get free domain name(s) and/or hosting. He said that he doesn't believe this, and that he suspects that Trap17 was infact a "trap" [the sentence has more meaning when the last word is translated ofcourse] and he wasn't kidding.

I told him that this site is perfectly safe, but he hasn't responded yet.

As a user, I think the name Trap is scaring people, is anyone thinking like that?I suggest to change name or do something..

I don't think so at all. If you look at the success of Xisto, and the amount of members it has gotten over the past 4 years, you can tell that it obviusly has not been scaring anybody. I mean, if this was a failry new site, and not many people were registering, then yes you could make that arugment, and it might be a very valid one. BUT, under these circumstances and how the site has been succesfful, I think to say there is no point in what you are saying.