xisto Community
innosia

The Name Trap

As a user, I think the name Trap is scaring people, is anyone thinking like that?I suggest to change name or do something..

I guess you haven't been searching the forums long or looked at hosting review sites and you yet you make the statement and yet don't give your reasons and on top of that your web experience must be very limited as asking to rename a web hosting site to something else that is connected to hundreds of websites as well. So I start you off with the Xisto story and then I suggest looking at Xisto reviews and you will see why this hosting service has been around for four years.

I guess you haven't been searching the forums long or looked at hosting review sites and you yet you make the statement and yet don't give your reasons and on top of that your web experience must be very limited as asking to rename a web hosting site to something else that is connected to hundreds of websites as well. So I start you off with the Xisto story and then I suggest looking at Xisto reviews and you will see why this hosting service has been around for four years.

sorry

I know that renamng a site is not easy and Xisto is top and well known

but trap is like trap.. because i have encountered a lot of scam hosting, though i know that trap is not one. but the first image when i know the Xisto is free hosting is from my friend, he says good and i am trying it. Thanks and sorry

I too was concerned about the name when i first joined, especially as i was going to get free hosting that is easily worth ?50/year! But alas there was nothing to be worried about... Well except the random bear traps, you wanna be careful of those :) but seriously the name works, its easy, it s catchy and it means something, and as for renaming it.... Well i wont even go there! Itd be a disaster!

I was also a bit suspicious when i first heard the name Xisto. But i hadn't read any of their reviews nor did i know how well their services was. I guess such a name may make other people weary about visiting such a free host, but such is life. The only thing i can say is join our community and see for yourself the services offered by Xisto, only then will you come to appreciate their work. I don't think it would be that easy to rename such a web host, because thousands of links are already linked to this name and any alteration may break many links. But overall, i like Xisto and now i know better. They are the best and i am a proud member.

The name doesn't really bother me.However one guy didn't want to visit my page because it had trap it the url =|Something that's been bothering me for a while: Does anyone know if 'Xisto' was meant to mean 'TrapIt', seeing as the name was of a gaming place, and so the name could likely be using some form of leetspeak?

Eh, we will get used to Xisto.I am new aswell since my friend IceAge introduced it to me.I have also had to change hosts alot, and I know it is annoying and irritating. But I hopefully wont need to for this host.I had 1 host aswell, me and IceAge had a GTA fansite, hosted by SabreHost.com. SabreHost is very good, infact one of the best affordable webhosting sites I've ever came across. But unfortunately I had to cancel my hosting account with SabreHost as I could not afford it any longer. :) But now I am going to try Xisto, I just hope I don't need to change from here to another.-Sky

Truly speaking the name trap, sure does raise your fear especially when you come to associate it with free webhosting.But i think going through this forum alone is enough to alley once fear.You get to know that this is a highly organized setup.

Truly speaking the name trap, sure does raise your fear especially when you come to associate it with free webhosting.But i think going through this forum alone is enough to alley once fear.You get to know that this is a highly organized setup.

hehe i thought only me thinks like that. but anyway Xisto is genuine free web hosting, i just activated my hosting and my site is working right nowFeel very happy :)

hehe i thought only me thinks like that. but anyway Xisto is genuine free web hosting, i just activated my hosting and my site is working right nowFeel very happy :)

Yeah, Xisto is great, but I have had friends of my'n freak out due to the trap part of the url. Silly billys.

Sam.

i have thought that if we dont want the Xisto as url, we can buy a domain then using ns to make it redirect to hereis this great

Trap17 = 17 Traps But the thing is... With the name Xisto, it is pretty catchy, and unlike other hosts the subdomain doesn't look 'noob-ish'...i.e. what subdomain sounds more 'professional' if you were to visit a website1 'subdomain.trap17.com'2 'subdomain.00123-freehosting.com'So...? Which one?I didn't think that Xisto would be serious about their hosting at first glance but after a while they seemed really good...

Xisto = 17 Traps
But the thing is... With the name Xisto, it is pretty catchy, and unlike other hosts the subdomain doesn't look 'noob-ish'...

i.e. what subdomain sounds more 'professional' if you were to visit a website

1 'subdomain.trap17.com'
2 'subdomain.00123-freehosting.com'

So...? Which one?

I didn't think that Xisto would be serious about their hosting at first glance but after a while they seemed really good...

yeah thats rite, some webhosting uses 000 hosting etc etc and that is a scam, maybe in your IP you can browse the php file, but when other IP viewing it the site is all ads. Some time it down and become ads, even you are viewing with your IP, and then some is time limit, if a period or 30 days then it will try to say "Our server current load is high and we need your donation to continue serving the hosting" and then you will need to pay in order to continue using your site. But when you open their site using other IP, they still provide for free hosting, while when you log on using IP that is registered and already pass the time limit, you will be asked for donation, surprise :) I have examined them, and have try very much different ip and thats how they do the business.

While some others asks you to play a game if the time limit is passed, where they also uses the excuse saying they need money to continue the free hosting, which is also based on IP. And this game is forced to be played by you and eventually causes to loss money too, its all about money. But I just happen to find Xisto which is absolutely free and also with big freespace, bandwidth and so on, i am very glad using Xisto after trying other free hosting sites.

The name Xisto is what got me to this webhost.I mean, I was watching a list of hosts, and this name sounded the best. I wasn't even looking at what the service offers.I don't think the name trap goes against it, but actually makes the webhost more interesting. It means the people that run it have a clever sense of humour and are not doing this just to get money fast and so to attract attention with things like 5giga.com or something like that.