xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
t0od0pe4u

How I Lost 60lbs In 4 Months Personal story

I was 250lbs 5'10 height. My BMI was at 35. I was considered obese.

I wanted to lose weight before my wedding day. So I had 4 months to do so. People gain weight because of being in a comfortable relationship. What can you do? All you can do is sleep and eat fast-food or at restaurants. Not much activity except for the obvious.

Anyways, I went cracking at it.

I told myself I would watch my intake.

Calorie count

Exercise everyday

So, here was my plan for the next 4 months:

My breakfast:

2 cups of coffe w/sugar = 250 cal

(This includes fresh brewed coffee, international delight low-sugar cream, and sugar)

1 Banana = 100 cal

Lunch:

2 slices of wheat bread = 90 cal

1 slice of lean turkey = 60 cal

1 slice of lean ham = 60 cal

1 slice of swiss (low-fat) = 27 cal

3 slices of lettuce = 3 cal

1 peach = 31 cal

4 strawberries = 49 cal

a quarter of watermelon = 37 cal

water = 0 cal

Come home from work at roughly 5:30pm, I have a bowl of cereal

1 cup of low-fat milk (1%) = 150

1 bowl of wheaties cereal = 104

At this point for the day, my calorie intake is 961 calories

If your wondering what im drinking, its ALL WATER.

My suggest calorie intake per day for my height and weight is 2500cal/day..

My dinner ranges, but I try to keep the carbs low. I cannot eliminate carbs as a whole because carbs = energy. And i'm going to need energy when i'm going to work out. 1 big mac meal (big mac/med. fries/med. coke) totals to 1150 calories and I am still a bit under my daily intake, so im free to take, but for the sake of showing my plan:

2 cups of rice = 300 cal

1 grilled chicken breast boneless = 200cal

can of mixed veggies = 100 cal

water = 0 cal

I try to keep dinner close to or under 1000 cal. It can vary.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you crave to go out and eat, do it one meal, once a week. You'll go crazy if you eat healthy everyday! The transition should be smooth, not abrupt.

I make sure to eat at 7-7:30pm. Its very critical i do so, so the food can digest completely before I work out. Cramping can occur and stomach aches, so its best to not even test my body...again. (learned my lesson)

Between 9:30pm-11pm

I would work out for 30min everyday on the Gazelle (Tony Little's product). Not trying to sell a product or anything, but I think its a great invention, especially for heavy people. Some people don't realize that if a heavy-set person runs at the track or sidewalks, they're running with all that extra weight. Puts pressure on the feet and can thus discourage you to even continue on with a plan or routine. The gazelle gives you the motion of running, works all your required muscles, witout the extra weight clamping down on your feet! Just my 2 cents.

The first week I would start off at 20min a day. My body was practically shocked already and I was working up a sweat. To avoid soreness, I wanted to gradually build endurance.

The second week, bumped 10min per day monday-friday. After the first month, I went from 250 to 240.

I was proud of myself and continued on. 2 months had past, and I had lost 40lbs! There were times I would workout 3 times/week, rather than the 5.

Without the need for diet pills, crash diets, etc.

Now this is the difficult part that I had to endure after 2.5-3 months. Once you reach the 20-40lbs lost area, you've reached the Plateau. Where your body has gotten comfortable with your daily routine and whatever your doing, is just to MAINTAIN your weight, not lose more. I was doing the usual 30min workouts without breaking a sweat.

I had doubled my sessions between early morning (before work) and before I sleep(the usual). 2 30-min sessions per day. I was able to lose 20 more pounds before the final day.

My final numbers on the wedding day: 5'10 190 BMI=27

Still overweight, but much better on the pants and shirts.. :)

My final goal is to reach 160-170lbs.

Some Key Notes:

If your calorie counting, Sometimes there's more than 1 serving in the product. Make sure you do the math when needed.

Try to lower your sugar intake. Sugar feeds the fat in you. Sugar is the culprit. That includes soda.

I think Diet sodas serve their purpose in calorie counting, but there's an increased level of sodium. Sodium can lead to high blood pressue, kidney failure, and heart disease. You're better off without it. SAME GOES FOR ENERGY DRINKS. Very High Levels.

As healthy as you think Fruit Juices are, they're not. The calories per serving are just as much as a can of soda. They throw in sugar in them. Your best bet?

Eat real fruits.

You'll feel much better about yourself and endurance will be much better.

I saw Jared Fogle as inspiration. The guts it took for him to walk to school, dieting, and low on energy....walking a few miles with 235lbs of extra weight outside his normal weight on his ankles is a world-class athlete (Try it....walk with 200lbs of weights on your back for a mile everyday. You'll appreciate him more.)

Hope this helps anyone, and Feel free to PM me or respond to this post. I'd be glad to offer advice or chat it up about my personal experience.

Edited by t0od0pe4u (see edit history)

when i first saw this post i thought it was one of those " i was a size 10, now im a size zero, read my story!" But after reading it id like to say, good on you! Im overweight, perhaps obese, and i do want to loose weight, but i just love food! i would like to start some excercise and haver ear marked Wing Chun (martial art) as my method, as it will give me confidence, excercise, and the ability to defend myself, but its ?35/$60ish per month and im currently unemployed (though ive been invited to a second interview so its looking good!) so for the moment thats off the cards so its calorie counting! The thing is because i love food so much its hard! I do like healthier foods but i tend to eat a lot of takeaways as i live at home and my mum orders them, of course i could just cook myself a meal but its easier not to, thats going to change though. What sort of foods would you recommend? Im thinking something like: Tea in the morning with two sugars (gotta have my tea!) 2 egg whites (all the calories are in the yolks, so ill get rid of them or just have one with two whites) on bread, thats about 180 calories (bread is about 90, egg white=0ish) then for lunch perhaps a sandwich, would be about 200 cals methinks, maybe 220 with low fat butter spread. For snacks im thinking cereal, or cereal bars, about 100 cals in a bar i think. But my big problem is dinner...As i said i love my food so i cant just eat one chicken breast and some lettuce! I do like things like pasta, rice and jacket potatoes, i just dont know how healthy they are. I know they contain a lot of carbs and starch, starch of course turns into sugar once in the body. I also cant eat pasta rice and potatoes all week! ill go mad! But i do love chicken which is a very good diet meat, especially when grilled and i do have a grill. Im also thinking that for takeaways i can stick to chicken shish kebabs (the real kebabs that are chunks of chicken grilled with salad and bread) which i reckon might only be a couple hundred cals. And if we have a Chinese i can have a boiled rice and a curry, which is a lot better than a fried rice and fried meat. It's something i really want to do but i do love food and it does make me happy, among other things, and i dont see the point of living life if you dont enjoy yourself, but perhaps thats just an excuse to eat what i like and ignore the problem. As soon as i get employed i will restart my car lessons so getting to exercise places will be much easier, i can also afford a pedal bike then as i live near a country park and can easily go for a 2 hour bike ride, which i think is probably 6 miles or maybe more, which is really good. And as i said i also plan on taking up a martial art and doing perhaps 3 hours of that a week as the ?35/month fee is for unlimited lessons at all venues so i can easily do 3 hours a week or more. What would you suggest?

Very impressed with your article.How I Lost 60lbs In 4 Months

Hi There,

Your artical is very informative. I am trying to lose weight. Currently I am 161 lbs (73 kgs). Want to lose atleast 20 kgs.

I am a homemaker with two kids. I hardly get time to exercise. But I am very strict on my diet. I eat 3 meals a day (small portion). I eat crackers or cereals with one cup of milk tea in the morning. For lunch, I eat 1 Wheat Bread and some veggies. My dinner is always before 7 pm which includes 1 Wheat Bread and some veggies. After 7 pm, whenever I am hungy, I eat a fruit.. And just water.

But the mail thing is missing I.E. EXERCISE. Would really like to do that but I have a very busy day always. My kids are really small and I can't leave them for 10 mins too.. The only time when I get is in the afternoon, when both of them sleep. At home, what exercise I can do.

Hope to get an answer from you.

Thanks

-reply by Mamta

where do i find the drive and strengthHow I Lost 60lbs In 4 Months

Hello,

I am a 36yr old women in a new relationship and a new life for me.  Your article impressed me because I have alot of trouble stayin devoted to my plans of losing weight.  I am considered an obese women and have been for a long time.  It really affects the way I feel about myself escpecially with a new relationship and how happy I want to continue to be.  you do inspire me and your plan does not look so hard to follow.  Saying the words diet, lose weight, and health eating are all words and phrases that are reality to me but I just can't seem to follow thru and for this I am very disappointed in myself.  I have not given up and plan to keep trying to make myself "happy healthy"  give me strength and thank you for this article!

-reply by imsobig

First, to t0od0pe4u CONGRADULATIONS! That is a really great success story you have going there, and I hope you are able to maintain that weight loss. Good luck on the marriage too. If you put that much effort into your upcoming marriage I’m sure you will live happily ever after!And for Iguest,How young/small are your children? Perhaps they could exercise with you. If they are old enough to be up and running around, a daily trip to a local playground could be good for all of you, the kids would have a blast and you could play along with them getting your exercise. If they are still babies, or just toddlers, put them in a stroller and go for a good long walk or jog. Fresh air is good for them and you get the added calorie burning of pushing the stroller. In the home you could let the kids help you with your exercises. Let them hold your feet down while you do sit ups, or have them count for you. Let the kids hang on a bar and practise weight lifting them. Make a game of it and fun for them, and they will love your workout times. And there are a lot of fitness clubs that offer child care with their fitness programs. Anyway, if you put your mind (and body) to it there are lots of options for exercise. And remember, you don't actually have to set aside "exercise" time. You can add things to your daily routine that will give you exercise and burn extra calories. Going shopping? Park your car at the far end of the parking lot from the store and get those extra steps. Do some leg lifts while watching tv, or do deep knee bends while folding laundry. Always skip the elevator, take the stairs. You can do exercises while you would normally relax and watch TV. Heck, you can even do deep knee bends while you are folding clothes. I"ll bet if you put your mind to it you can come up with lots of ways to keep your body moving and burning those calories!

Congratulations on losing that much weight in 4 months. It must have been real tough and I can't imagine counting calories of food that I eat. Am skinny, not really skinny. I guess the same program goes for skinny guys like me who wants to gain weight. Count the calories and follow the program you have set for yourself.

Great post I too know all about the comfortable level in a relship we have been married coming up two years and I am determined to get back to hotSexy and confident me that he fell for, congrats on a great effort and also on a great article!

I'm 15 and I weigh 227 lbs. I am 5 ft. 7 in. and I'm considered morbidly obese. I turn 16 in March and I have been planning a huge party since I was 12! I have been working very hard to lose weight since my last birthday but I have only lost 15 pounds and it has been almost a year! I really wanna get down to 160-170 before my party on March 18. The only problem is my step dad has been jobless for almost 2 years and can't find a new one and fast food is the cheapest thing to eat. Or frozen food which my family eats way to much of! I have tried eating healthy but we just can't afford to eat healthy everyday of every month! and even when I convince my mom to buy me some healthy food they keep eating the same way. It is very hard to eat a carrot when you open the fridge and there is a chocolate cake or leftover pizza staring at you! I walk 1.4 miles to school every morning and I walk home but it doesn't do much good! Especially considering how hard it is to eat good at school since the only healthy food they have is already half rotten and turning brown and we can't afford to get lunch food for me. Any advice for cheap but healthy food? If I can't at least get down to 200 I'm gonna cancel my party :(

I'm 15 and I weigh 227 lbs. I am 5 ft. 7 in. and I'm considered morbidly obese. I turn 16 in March and I have been planning a huge party since I was 12! I have been working very hard to lose weight since my last birthday but I have only lost 15 pounds and it has been almost a year! I really wanna get down to 160-170 before my party on March 18. The only problem is my step dad has been jobless for almost 2 years and can't find a new one and fast food is the cheapest thing to eat. Or frozen food which my family eats way to much of! I have tried eating healthy but we just can't afford to eat healthy everyday of every month! and even when I convince my mom to buy me some healthy food they keep eating the same way. It is very hard to eat a carrot when you open the fridge and there is a chocolate cake or leftover pizza staring at you! I walk 1.4 miles to school every morning and I walk home but it doesn't do much good! Especially considering how hard it is to eat good at school since the only healthy food they have is already half rotten and turning brown and we can't afford to get lunch food for me. Any advice for cheap but healthy food? If I can't at least get down to 200 I'm gonna cancel my party :(

Hi, Christeen! I can see why you're frustrated with your situation, but don't lose hope! I've taken off 40 pounds in the last 4 months...without starving myself. While healthy food is certainly better for you than fast/frozen, it all comes down to calories. You can still eat what your family is eating, just try to control your portions. I've found that drinking a large glass of water before I take the first bite of a meal really curbs my appetite. I still get to eat what everyone else does, I just eat a lot less of it. And exercise has been crucial. There are TONS of free workout videos on YouTube...look through them and find one you like. For me, the real culprit was sugar. I was addicted to it. I slowly cut back until I was eating as little as possible (I wanted to go cold turkey but it was too difficult for me). I found the less sugar I ate, the less I craved it. Now I don't crave cake or chips or any of those simple carbohydrates. I can still eat them if I want to, I just don't want to. It's made my life much easier! Best of luck to you, and happy (early) birthday!

Hi, I am 16 years old and I weigh 228lbs and am 5ft 9in tall.I am really trying to get down to about 170lbs. I am tall and I don't really look it but I definately feel it.I have been getting sharp pains in my chest and ribs and It really makes me scared to know my weight is the main factor of these pains.I need to find a diet plan that is effective and fast working. I am trying to get down to my goal weight by May.That's when prom is, and I want to look good for my boyfriend(:Any advice will be greatly appreciated.Thanks,-Katiee