xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
linx89

Wireless Lan Network Card Driver Installation On Linux Ubuntu 8.04!

Very interesting and odds are this is for older computer with older pci cards that are no longer out on the market. Of course any hardware that iss 1-5 years years ld and your turning them into a ubuntu system then you will be set in finding the right drivers,

Will this work for the Ethernet drivers also ?? I have a system that is not completely compatible with Linux. Till date I haven't found any drivers for my ehternet card. Its an Atheros AR9121/AR8113 Chip. The Drivers they have on their site are also not working. I want to know If i use this method for the Drivers I have for XP , Will it work ?

Hey,This is not just PCI cards i noticed that when i tried to install my USB wireless device on windows it could not find drivers while when i installed it on ubuntu and suse it found the device and isntalled it using generic drivers....Does no one find this weird that a company that has been making operating systems for almost a quarter of a century cant program generic drivers... but a o/s that is free and developed by Mr Joe Bloggs can....

I was given a Mac computer from a friend of mine, but can't seem to get it to connect to the internet.

I was told by an IT guy to buy a USB Natwork Adapter and it should run off of the wireless in my house, and I tried it - but the adapter that I bought says that before it's plugged into the computer that I need to run the software on the computer and THEN plug it in... The problem I'm running into is that I do not have a CD drive on my computer at all and I can't get it to work.

ANY SUGGESTIONS???!?!?! 

-question by Jessika

Wifi and linux installation/driver in Acer E725 for Linux 8.04Wireless Lan Network Card Driver Installation On Linux Ubuntu 8.04!

hello All!

Will any body help me how I install or configure Wifi and Lan card in Acer E725. I recently install Linux 8.04 in my computer and I am new user...PLease help me to resolve this issue

Thanks

-reply by shahzad khan