xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bluedragon

How To Send Mms Using A Pc

Hi, I am working on a project which requires me to send an MMS from a PC automatically. Can someone guide me how I can do that ?I am using VC++ for coding, So its a Windows project. I just need to know , How this would be done. I'll figure the coding myself.Thanks

Well, it depends on the carrier of the phone. I know how to do it with AT&T Wireless. All you would do for AT&T is send an email to [numberhere]@mms.att.netIt is probably different for each carrier.

surely this requires something more complex? doesnt the provider have to charge you for the message?In which case would need to have some sort of account which is credited with real money.Having said that i live in the Uk so things might be different and ive never integrated any kind of text message to any code.Have you tried scouring the net sites of phone providers? Could give some hints at least.

surely this requires something more complex? doesnt the provider have to charge you for the message?
In which case would need to have some sort of account which is credited with real money.

Having said that i live in the Uk so things might be different and ive never integrated any kind of text message to any code.

Have you tried scouring the net sites of phone providers? Could give some hints at least.

It doesn't require anything more complex. But it varies for what carrier the phone number is supplied by. So the @mms.att.net will only work for AT&T phones. I am not sure if any other companies support this. But a lot support it for texting, so MMS support is a no-brainer. But before I had an SMS plan with T-Mobile I would just send emails. Which is weird because I had a data plan first, haha. But if you live in the UK, I am not sure. I would just search for UK carriers that have MMS emails. That is probably your best bet.

It didn't work out well .. All we could come up with was an EMAIL and an SMS indicating the arrival of that EMAIL :(Anyways.. Thanks for all the help MODS please close this thread

GPRS MMSHow To Send Mms Using A Pc

hi , I;m currently doing a project which is using GPRS modem to receive/send sms ro control the house and also a MMS function to capture a jpeg photo and send to user.

The sending /receiving sms part has done successfully, but the problem I'm facing now is the MMS I need expert help me here...I dun know how to start with it.. 

I;m using VB6.0 , GPRS modem is - WT-211

I just want to create a button to send MMS and a button to choose the picture to the user , thats all. Receiving MMS not in my concern 

-reply by ericyeoh