xisto Community
thexxxsyn

Can I Go Back To School? (help and/or advice)

Okay, I'm Currently 17 Female. I Have Been Out Of School About 3 Years, Basically Making It All My High School Years. An Well I Don't Know If I Can Go Back To School Or Not, Will They Hold Me Back? Will I Have To Take This Up With The Board OF Education? Will I Get In Trouble Or Something?...I Really Don't Know What To Do, And My Parent Doesn't Know Either.So Can Anyone Help Or Give Me Advice What To Do? I'm Really Lost And I Need My Diploma, So I Can Go To College.Thank You In Advance!

You can still go back! You should go back!People need an education more than ever these days. People who don't, serve burgers and become janitors. ( Don't get me wrong, if you want to be a janitor, go for it! )I would first contact your school board and talk it out with them. You would start in the 9th grade, assuming you have been out all of high school.This may be tough and humiliating, but it is FULLY worth it. Education > No Education

I just want to say that you should definitely go back. It may be harder now due to the choice of dropping out or whatever, but at the same time it will benefit you in the long run.I'm not sure if you mean that you did not finish high school, or that you did and just did not go to college.If it's about high school, you can still either take the classes or get a GED, and then you can go from there to college. Most jobs will still accept you the same, because just going to college in general shows that you have the initiative to make yourself a better person and to learn. Along with this, a lot of places won't even consider hiring people who have not completed high school.Regardless, your past may make the future more rough but at least you learned from it. I made a pretty similar mistake and it's hurting me right now to see how much work I have to do to overcome it, but at the same time now I feel like I'm actuall accomplishing something.

Definitely go back! It will help you out so much in the future with getting a job and the such. First step would be to go and talk to the administration at the school you would go to, like PhyberOptycs said. Even if everyone is younger than you, I don't think it's humiliating at all, because the fact that you're going back to school shows that you want to improve yourself...Plus people will respect you more for not just dropping out.If you don't want to go back to school and are motivated to learn on your own then you can just try to get your GED and then maybe take classes at college. There are a lot of books and resources you can use to study for your GED, and then you wouldn't have to go back for 3-4 years of high school. However, it's generally considered a fairly difficult test, so depending on your current knowledge you may have to do a lot of studying for it.Good luck in whatever you choose!

school. high school.

Can I Go Back To School?

So I'm 17 I was recently going to independent studies at age 16 my my parents got deported. I obviously had the country couldnt stay here, I want to go back and get my DIMPLOMA. Do you think they'll let me go back???

-reply by amanda

Returning to school!Can I Go Back To School?

Hello everyone!

I am 36 years old, graduated high school in 1990, 4 wonderful children,owned and operated a great construction business from 1998 to present!

The recent economic struggle has effect me as well as many of you, therefore the reason for my question? If I chose to return to school, would school funds help me maintain some sort of stability to keep the lights on?

George

Replying to thexxxsynHave you thought about home school? My mother got her GED 15 years ago at the age of 50! You can do whatever you want. She had to quit high school in the 9th grade to help her family. Her brothers are just now geting their GEDs and one is 62 the other is 58. Just go to your local school and ask for advice. Do It! Don't wait.