xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
amrit

Is Man A Slave Of Technology..

What makes you think man is the slave of technology? The man created technology to enhance the life instead of technology created itself to make use of the man for a purpose.Still, i dont see we man is being a slave of technology. Yes, we rely on it alot but just to make things simplified and easy.

In my opinion, people are slaves of technology, but technology is a slave of people who are engineers or scientists.If you can't develop technology you are a slave of technology, if you are a developer you make the technology your slave. :)

I am assuming you are talking about current electronic technology and i think that man will never be a slave to technology unless a senario similar to that of the movie The Matrix happens. In another senario seperate from that of most sci fi movies and predictions from using knowledge current technology and research. There are many possibilites that could alter what man could be a slave of and it also pertains to the society you live in and the life you live. Man could be a slave of many things, but electronic technology could be wiped out from fire. If you were to do an expierment like a blowig your computer up and iginiting it with fire only metallic materials that withstood the heat of your fire would remain. The printed circuit board would be gone and the computer rendered useless,on a larger scale many computer sysems and electronics could be destroyed by fire and technology could be lost, but of course only in a massive holocaust of electronics could this happen. Electricity production is another thing cut the power means bye bye to electronics,of course solar power could open a whole new realm for electronics. For now thought the mass of electricity production is left up to people to produce. Now technology in a lighter sense is reasearched and devloped by people and people themselves dedicate their lives to technology. Making it possibilty that humans could be a slave to technology but also a slave to many other things but the term technology at one point defined everything in the world that is man made. Making humans....yea could be a slave to technology.

But technology doesnt rely on people, its not concious. So it cant be a slave of man. Yet we need technology, and we make technology, manufacture technology, deveolop technology, so in a way, we are a slave of technology.

Has technology made people happy: noHas technology made life simpler: no

I'd have to disagree with you there. Technology makes me happy every day. If it wasn't for technology I wouldn't have my job. I have no idea what I would do if I didn't have my computer to escape to at the end of every day. Sure it has transformed my life from being social and active to quiet and lazy, however I still prefer this lifestyle anyway. Now I know this makes me a slave to technology, but what is wrong with that? Its not like we would all drop down and die if suddenly all of the technology in the world were to be wiped out. Life would just be harder for a while because it would be a pretty major change, however we could still survive.

Sure, the man is very dependent of technology. For the people that say no, just imagine you a day without television, PC, radio, telephone, and many other things.Just imagine you without this forum, without your music player. Walking to go job.Oh yes, mechanic is also technology, without technology the cars would be very expensive and only the richest people on the world will have one. Imagine that you could not fly to another country and if you can it would be very exepensive.All this things make me remember the song "Imagine" from John Lennon, it has a phrase that says: "You may say I'm a dreamer, But I'm not the only one ". That is what best describes us, we are always waiting for the technology that the world is releasing for us. We wait that japeneses invent another mobile phone with 50 megapixel camera and that we can talk with 100 people at the same time watching their faces.We want the technology to be smalle than a finger, everything we are expecting is being to be the more advanced society.We live for it and they are made for us. We are a kind of stupid animal that as my friend who started the topic says: "We are really very dependen of technology", if only shutdowns the internet for a day i think that half the world will commit suicided. I expect not to be one of them :).Well, so much filosofy for a day, just reason before ask "we are no dependent from technology" and imagine(as John Lennon says) a week without it.Regards, Seba.

Hmmmm....In my opinion, No, man is not a slave of technology.

But he is depending on technology very much. He can't do anything without technology

now-a-days.

This is just like A Manager who depends on his employees to complete the work.

It doesn't mean that he is a slave of his employees, does it?

But one thing for sure is,at present we can't imagine our life without a mobile, without a computer etc..

We are depending on technology more than we needed to. ...

This made us think that we are not in control of our own life.

Well, this is just my personal opinion, what do you think of it guys?

Whatever it may be, read these famous n funny quotes...Just For Fun :)

All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness. ~Mark Kennedy

The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do. ~B.F. Skinner, Contingencies of Reinforcement, 1969

Edited by xpress (see edit history)

Hmmmm....In my opinion, No, man is not a slave of technology.

But he is depending on technology very much. He can't do anything without technology

now-a-days.

This is just like A Manager who depends on his employees to complete the work.

It doesn't mean that he is a slave of his employees, does it?

But one thing for sure is,at present we can't imagine our life without a mobile, without a computer etc..

We are depending on technology more than we needed to. ...

This made us think that we are not in control of our own life.

Well, this is just my personal opinion, what do you think of it guys?

Whatever it may be, read these famous n funny quotes...Just For Fun :)

All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness. ~Mark Kennedy

The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do. ~B.F. Skinner, Contingencies of Reinforcement, 1969

Dear Sir,

This is SUNIL NATH.S, Automation Engineer., I agree with your Opiniion Only. Always, Technologies / Machines would be the SLAVES of HUMAN and not possible for Humans Become Slaves of the Technologies / Machines. Because, Technology / Machine cannot Think without HUMAN's Interfere or Ideas.

Note: Really, I don't want to blame those peoples are thinking, that HUMANs are Slaves of Technologies, because, I think they dont know, How to express their thoughts in English, they used the Term "SLAVE" Instead Of Using "Addiction" that's it. :D:D:)B)B)

Human Is The Hero Of the World

Thank You Sir,

For Your Good and Valuable Suggestion.

With Regards,

Sunil Nath.S

I don't know if you could actually call it slavery or not, but without a doubt, man is definatly hooked, and very dependent on technology. As if computers and cell phones weren't enough, now they even have robots preforming surgery. Now that is pretty scary if you ask me. I do believe people would be in very bad shape if it all was taken away from them. Stand along a busy road some day and watch the people in passing cars, I'd say at least one in every 4 that goes by is going to have a cell phone stuck to their ear. Cashiers in most stores don't even know how to count back change to customers anymore without the computerised cash register to tell them how much change to give back. I'm no better than everybody else, nearly 100% of my marketing is done on computer. (though I could happily live with the cell phone.) Maybe because of my age, a lot of this new technology came about after I was well past my impressionable years, in all honesty, if there was another way to market, or ways to do without all the technology, I'd be just fine with it. Heck, I even still know how to ride a horse! :D

I believe that man is a slave of technology. The whole point of technology in general is to make a certain task easier and/or more efficient. If you had the option of using said technology or discard it, man would generally choose the technology. Therefore, man becomes dependent upon technology. If someone is using Technology X to complete a task, he will likely switch to Technology Y if it completes the task faster/more efficiently given that it is affordable and convenient and etc.. Technology is being designed in such a way that it adapts to society. But, I feel, for the few instances where the technology does not adapt, people will adapt so that they can glean the most benefits.

Todays most people are dependent on technology, as a lot of different tasks can't be made without technology, just imagine if some services goes off, internet, gsm, people wouldn't know what to do, most of things would stop and nothing would continue to progress.Even if internet would continue to work, but lets say banks would stop working, a lot of things would stop, you couldn't leave without technology today, people would go back over 100 years, I guess as it would be very hard to adopt, there could be a lot of scenarios and panic :DI believe I am a slave of technology, I couldn't live without a computer for over a month, or without my mobile phone, unless I would have different income and could still live, then maybe I could live without a computer? but I doubt it :DTechnology is slave of human, as usually it does the tasks almost for free for humans, especially automatized machines in factories and over places. Robots might one day rebel to not be slaves, but work for a normal salary and have rights :DAs years ago, it was normal for people to be slaves, now it's something terrible, so with time things change.

Oh My God this is such an obvios thing. Of course man is a slave of the Tech world. Just open your eyes and look around you. I thought thinks are there to make life easier and to do stuff for you but we spend all this time attending to our gadgets. Most of us have laptops and the first thing we do wen we get up is go on face book and log into skype god forbid there be someone who may have left a life and death mesage on my skype. As for my boyfreiend we actually have fights because he caqnt spend anytime with me n just because he wants to go on skype / facebook all the timeI mean if its not Facebook or skype its email or Nintendo Wii or Playstation or Andriod. We seem to be chasing after technology all the time. We get paid only to run to the nearest gadget shop to get the latest Ipod or Ipad or ISlave I-am a slave of technology product. Lol. I meane there are kids who are actually texterholics there is now an official desease which is based on kids who just can stop texting all the time I know a documentary where they were suing phone companies because the phone companies had offered unlimited text yet when they texted over 12000 texts they were then charged because of the fair Usage policy stated in the small print.I always wonered what the heck how does one go through 12 000 texts. And then I got a phone and realised me and ny friends would hardfly call each other but woud text each other, we would group chat whic is say have 5 friends all chatting so we have to send each text to 5 people at once and because the texts were free we would ask sucj silly questions using text like u ok? then responce to that would be at Gemmas my response doing wat? wana go shopping. and before you know it we have sent like 15 texts each.I know that I thought I was in controll until my first bill came along and I realised that whilst I had stayed within my text limits I had used almost 7 500 texts in that months what more those kids I see in the buss or at Uni who always have their heads bowed and their finger twiddling on the phone keyboard. Their bills must be massive i bet they exceed 12 000 texts a month. And of course my boyfrind and his Video Games on the phone on the computer on the Telly. Hes just a slave of that. He has to work at 9 am but goes to bed about 4am especially with the introduction of the online gaming of Playstation where you can play games with other people around the world. He even has the headset so they can chat to other gamers in the game world. I remember when he used to spend 3 or 4 days without a wink of sleep when he discovered a game called second life and would spend every mintue on their playing the virtuall world game. I bet he though he was in control but nahhhh the tech world had enslaved him. He would only get up to go to the toilet and on the way back get a can of juice in the fridge and a sandwich to much and its back to Second Life. I remember we wouldnt make love for weeks and I was frustrated and angry with the game and the Internet cause back then I wasnt into technology now loook at me heheheh the firswt thing I do since I got my laptop is check me messages on facebook and skype and MSN chat bwith my friends from around the globe and then get up and make breakfast lol. Ididnt realise this till a while backl when I realised I am a slave to the Tech WorldI mean just look at some people who will spend the day on Xisto not a bad thing but just saying people are addicted to technology.