xisto Community
onscreen

Greetings!

Hi all,First of all let me do a short introduction on me self. The name is Leo as in Leonard. I am a freelance 3D artist who does hi-res / low-res modeling, texture paining, character / creature rigging and sculpting. My main expertise is in hard modeling (vehicular, hard edged objects) and environment lighting but since the further i expose myself to the CG industry, to more i realize that i need more than what i have known.Before this, i was a web designer for a local company who handles front-end assignments namely, xhtml/css coding, visual elements, user interaction. As once a hobby during my high school days, i decided to maintain web design as my part time job.I love photography as well, mainly in nature, candid, architectural, experimental and sports photography. I have a D100 and a D2X body accompanied by a 50mm nikkor, 300mm nikkor fixed, 70-300mm f3.5~f5.6 ED, 90mm Macro and 135mm Macro. Currently hoping to upgrade the camera body to the latest if finance allow me to do so :)During my free time, i would play with my pets the hermit crabs ( four of them ), would go to bookshops for fresh ideas / inspirations, play R.O.S.E Online the MMO.Now its time to talk about why i am here. I hosted in many major web hosting companies and the longest i have been in is Media Temple for 3 1/3 years. Slowly, i realized that i am paying more than i used. So i decided to move on to free hosting and that is how i landed myself here.Thats all about me for now. If the intro above may seem to strange to read, dont mind ask question about it. :D Thanks and happy reading!

Hi onscreen.

Wow, another artist! This forum is full of them, I am sure you will fit right in. Welcome to Xisto. :D

Be sure to get familiarized with the forum and take a look at the Xisto READ ME. It will come in handy so I recommend it. IF you have any questions about Xisto you will find many there, but if there is something that is missing you can ask one of our great members. Most of us are kind and helpful, so please do not be afraid to ask. :)

The hosting is great! In order to get it you need to contribute to the forum by posting. When you post you get credits, and these are the "main part" of this whole circus. You need 10 for the smallest one, and 30 for the bigger one. I would recommend the biggest, but choose the one you need. The amount of credits depends on the size and length of your post - but also where you post theme. Shortly said it is not the number of posts you make that matters.

That was a pretty good introduction, most people just write a couple of words. Maybe you could share some of your work with us sometimes? That would be great. I will be sure to take a look at your site if you get it up and running. :D

Good luck!

From Bluebear, Norway.

Welcome to the Xisto.Hosting is better than many paid hosts, but the Terms of Service are strictly applied, so no illegal material, no IRC Servers, copyrights are respected, etc.And please post up some of your work so we can appreciate your talents. Look forward to reading your posts. Good luck with the Hosting Application.As a note, if you select the 10 credit account and wish to upgrade, the second package costs an additional 30 credits, so hold off and go for the 30 credit account if you think you might end up there. It is cheaper in the long run to do so.

welcome onscreen!I know you will enjoy yourself here, some very good topics in the forums and some of the best people around in the shouts.

Hello Leo aka:onscreen Posted Image and welcome to Trap 17 from Mich in Michigan, USA. Very nice intro. Sounds like you will be a fine addition to our community here at Trap 17.

I am an artist of sorts as I design graphics for people to use on their web sites. I am also a very amatuer photographer. Seems I figure out how my camera does certain things, don't do it again for a while, and promply forget what it was that I taught myself. :)

You have already been versed on reading up on things around here. Just in case you missed something, you can use the links just above my sig.