xisto Community
saitunes

Ajax Windows

Its like a computer in your web browser.

http://ww1.ajaxwindows.com/rg-erdr.php?_rpo=t

It looks good from what i've seen. Like a computer in a window. all files saved on their server, and so long as you've got internet access (at a decent speed) all you need to do is sign up.

I'm surprised google hasn't done something simmilar, they seem to offer everything else... Docs, maps, medical records.

Other than the major drain on my internet usage (which i use enough of as it is)...

I'm surprised google hasn't done something simmilar, they seem to offer everything else... Docs, maps, medical records.

Yes, google should have done like this. By the way here is another one desktoptwo.com?but this one is purely flash based and it is really good. I have been using it for over two years since its beta stage. Features include playing of mp3 player from your web hard drive(they give you 1gb space to store any kind of files), blogging, website builder, IM, and lots more...Even if google starts to build one it would never come to top level any time soon,?because there are many other similar services too.

Not that great really, whats the point to be honest. You've already got a desktop and already have a web browser. THats probably the same logic and the same conclusion Google came to.What google should do next is create their own browser. Now that would be intresting.

This can be useful for students. You can keep files and whatnot in a portable place. Since most students use like library computers, they move around, so portability is nice.

This can be useful for students. You can keep files and whatnot in a portable place. Since most students use like library computers, they move around, so portability is nice.

Agreed. People can also use this if they don't have a computer, and they use different library computers, school computers, and that sort of thing, but they need to use a computer for lots of things, such as word processing long documents, and that sort of thing.

I think its a great idea for the average student, being able to work on everything and have it stored in one place where you can access it from pretty much any computer. (of course you need the net)other than it being a huge drain on net usage i think its great. I do use google docs more though.