xisto Community
dimumurray

Hosting Problem [resolved] 403 Forbidden Error occurs whenever I try to access my site

PM's are here for reasons: I may be slow in responding but never get angry for receiving one :)
I received a PM to reset the hosting in question and I replied with my suggestion. I hope that it goes well.

Hosting account cannot be reset: this is how OpaQue established with your hosting accounts. Only solution to fixing your accounts is to terminate and re-apply for hosting.

I have done exactly as you suggested and deleted my web hosting account. So currently I am working my way back up the ladder, so to speak. Picking up credits where ever I can in order to get my credit count back up to 30. One question though, when I re-apply for an account through the Free Web Hosting Forum do I have to explain this situation all over again if I happen to get a different administrator. I would hate to have to go through all the details again. Especially considering it was a mess of my own making.
Edited by dimumurray (see edit history)

personally, i think that was the cheap way to go. i hope you don't make the same mistake again or your just gonna have to reapply again. a cheesy solution but better that cancelling your hosting would have been to delete all the files and databases you created and started fresh with your same account. obivously this had something to do with your index file being linked to other files when you started moving files around. also, don't move files anymore. COPY them.

if you took the time to google your problem, you may have found a solution to it. this will save you time and credits if this ever happens to you again.

I have done exactly as you suggested and deleted my web hosting account. So currently I am working my way back up the ladder, so to speak. Picking up credits where ever I can in order to get my credit count back up to 30. One question though, when I re-apply for an account through the Free Web Hosting Forum do I have to explain this situation all over again if I happen to get a different administrator. I would hate to have to go through all the details again. Especially considering it was a mess of my own making.

personally, i think that was the cheap way to go. i hope you don't make the same mistake again or your just gonna have to reapply again. a cheesy solution but better that cancelling your hosting would have been to delete all the files and databases you created and started fresh with your same account. obivously this had something to do with your index file being linked to other files when you started moving files around. also, don't move files anymore. COPY them.
if you took the time to google your problem, you may have found a solution to it. this will save you time and credits if this ever happens to you again.

That sounded far too much like a lecture...Believe it or not I did google the problem but as I am new to the whole web hosting thing I think I framed many of inquiries in the wrong way and didn't get the answers I needed. Cheap or no, I learned somewhat. And that's the kind of guy I am, I learn by doing. I did do some reading and I tried to amass as much information as I thought neccessary before trying out new things. But at some point you have to get your feet wet, but every so often you hit a snag in the middle of that process. But that's life. You live, you learn.

Now let's see. If I'm not mistaken this post should just about put me over the 30 credit mark. Time to re-apply :).

Everything seems to be back on track, thanks in no small part to BuffaloHelp. Thanks to all who posted with advice on how to solve the problem.I think the matter is pretty much closed at this point. Admins, feel free to close this topic at any time.

Topic is resolved.Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.

re-opened per member request.Apparently the issue remains to be solved. Can you delete/rename all of the .htaccess files on your account to see if it works then?

re-opened per member request.
Apparently the issue remains to be solved. Can you delete/rename all of the .htaccess files on your account to see if it works then?

Everything is working fine on my end...Is there anything I should be aware of...or is it that another member is having similar problems?

every time I open the site hack forums shows me this

You don't have permission to access /search.PhpOn this server.

Additionally, a 403 ForbiddenError was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2 Server at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Port 80But sometimes when I open the site this error does not show and just go directly to the site without any problemplzzzz help me or simlpy PM here's my YM "ryan_maxtraxer@yahoo.Com"

can you help me with this problem?