xisto Community
lanrod

Batman - The Dark Knight one of the best movies ever?

Best part we can watch it over and over and over again in November as the DVD will be release a definite must have for a DVD collector such as I. It is funny though, but if think if super hero movies are more darker then their comic counterparts I would suspect they will make a lot more money. X-men 3 scored big on that idea, Hulk 2 did better then Hulk 1, Ironman although not dark per say scored pretty big as well and both batman movies as well. So I would think the darker the comic book movie gets a better profit it will make, but that is just my opinion on that one.

okay I'm gonna get knocked for all of this, But even though I'm not a big movie expert, I think this will be called one of the best movies ever.The acting was spectacular, everyone, from Batman down to his on screen immitators knew they were working on a historical film, and they delivered!I've been a Huge ledger fan ever since A knights Tale, and in truth maybe it's a good thing for his legend that he died. His portrayal of the joker not only practically nailed that of the comic, but he delivered one of the most believable performances of any actor, IMO. there's no way he ever could have topped that performance and he will forever be remembered as probably one of the greatest actors in history. kudos and respect to the entire cast that made this movie possible...

The Dark Knight is one of the best films I have ever seen, the acting was all amazing and the story line just added to the comic. The Joker, Heath Ledger's role, was so amazingly acted out that he acted more like the Joker than the Joker out of the comic. It is sad to think that we have lost such an amazingly talented actor. Christian Bale's performance was good as always, but as someone said before, Batman's voice really annoyed me, I dunno why he does the deep "I am going to kill you" voice, but it was not effective and slightly annoying. I think the suit was better than the tight latex ones I have seen in the past and it suited tghe movies much more. I loved Batman's gadgets and the way that the Batmobile self-destructed, I would pay to see that live. There is something about Christian Bale which just annoys me though, and the way he acts is not the problem. I don't think that he wilol win an Oscar, but I do think that Heath Ledger's last, spectacular performance will.10/10, everyone needs to go out and see it :P

Edited by triplebtalk (see edit history)

I was really really disappointed with it :P

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread how they didn't like the old Batman films because Gotham was too dark and comicbook like but in a way I thought that made the films what they were. Watching the new ones Gotham just looks like any other city and personally I think that took alot away from the film.

Heath Ledger was brill as the Joker, but then so was Jack Nicolson in the original. Ledger was the star performance in the film though without any doubt. Christian Bale on the other hand, was borderline awful! Why on earth he puts on that voice is beyond me, it gets really annoying the more he does it.

I'd say it was an average film, 6/10

What i like about this movie is "Heath ledger. I think it was one of his best performance. i didn't enjoyed batman much here. but i like joker and other stuff. the SONAR techology implemented also shown very progressively. Bike of batman and stunts were good. Christopher nolan did good job with casting and camera. I just wish to see more of two-face character here. anyway, movie was good and i enjoyed it. definitely better than earlier flick.

Yes it is one of the best I have ever seen but a shame to the guy who played the joker as he committed suicide due to all the acting stress.