xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rwperkinsjr

Alltel And The Razr What a joke.

Hey guys. Haven't been here long but I wanted to tell you about my last experience with Alltel. Yeah the HUGE cell phone provider.So, I decided to NOT sign any of the contracts they were offering me. All I wanted was a prepaid phone since I don;t walk around with the damn thing attached to my ear, like so many others I see in the city. With prepaid it allows me to control my spending and not get massive contract fees for canceling early or what not. I go to my local Alltel store, (which is 100 miles away) and tell the guy what I want. SInce I had researched half the night before I knew exactly what I wanted. I told him what I wanted which was two phones on a prepaid plan with the .75 a day charge for service. No Contracts, No Bull. Of course he tried to convince me to get into a contract and get all the bells and whistles but I refused.So I buy two razrs. One for me one for my wife. Got them both on the plan I wanted and left with a smile since I beat him at the sales game and did not buy one thing I di not want.Now, 3 days later the phone rings and I look at the front screen to see who it is. It was blank, nothing, nada. The phone had quit working already! Well that is not entirely true. The phone was working, the inside screen was working but the little front screen only lit up but did not display anything. I thought that was odd but the guy said there was a 1 year warranty on the phone so I didn't fret. I figured I would trade it for another on my next trip down.A few days later I made a trip and stopped by the same store I bought the phones from. Of course the guy I talked to at first was not there at the time so I strolled to another desk that had a woman sitting at it. I explained what was going on and she started into another sales pitch for another phone. I told her I didn't want another phone I wanted this one FIXED under warranty like the guy said. She asked by number and when I gave it to her she got a sour look on her face and asked my "you're on the pre-paid?" of course I told her yes and she says, "That's a whole different matter" and again launched into fees for fixing my phone and a rental charge plus deposit for a "loaner" phone. I asked her can't she just get another phone from the back and program it? She said no they had changed the policy LAST WEEK to all phones had to be sent to God only knows where to get fixed and it would would take from 7 to 30 days. 7 to 30 days?! It only took the darn thing 3 to break!. Of course I got rather upset and told her that was a bunch of "crap". I didn't use any profanity and she jumped up and said "You can't talk to me that way!". I looked her straight in the face, grabbed my phone out of her hand and went to the next available person.This guy was cross eyed and dumb looking. One of those loud morons that knows everything but yet knows nothing. I explained the problem I had with Dixie over there, or whatever her name was and asked him if he could do anything for me. Well needless to say I still have the same phone and it still is not fixed. I tried finding any managers to talk to but there were none available. I called the 800 number for Alltel only to get another jerk that wouldn't help me a bit. With that being my last option I am stuck. Unfortunately I live in the middle of no-wheresville and Alltel is the best signal so I am still stuck.The moral. Do Not Buy A Razr From Alltel. They WILL NOT stand behind it and they want all kinds of other fees for repair and or warranty even if it is not your fault.Have a simular story about Alltel or another provider? Have a comment on this post? Reply now and let your voice be heard.

well all cell phone providers like to screw people over. they just want money. and then you get somthing wrong that THEYRE supposed to fix, and they add fifty fees to it.i prefer Cingular or now AT&T. my friend is a manager there and he helps me out with a lot of things on AIM and whenever im at the store. ive had service there for 3 years and no problems (unless i would accidentally drop my phone in a glass of milk..) loli recently went to my uncles house to visit and he uses verizon. in his house he gets NO SERVICE what so ever. while i, using AT&T, get 4 bars.

Replying to rwperkinsjr 

They tell you that the prepaid customer doesn't have the same warranty as a customer with a monthly plan, and then you have the nerve to tell others that Alltel doesn't stand behind the phone? They would if your cheap *bottom* would pay for a plan instead of buying minutes when you need them. It's the same as going to WalMart and buying a prepaid phone, you'd have to send it away to get it fixed or buy a new one.By the way, I've got the Razr VE20 and I love it - works PERFECTLY!! 

-reply by Satisfied

why does it matterAlltel And The Razr

not everyone needs 1500 minutes to drive in traffice causing problems, to take forever turning because they have one hand to their head holding a cell phone and furthermore than that if he doesn't need  a phone 24/7 he should buy what he wants and they should still stand behind the phone especially since he hasn't had it long enough to use it.  Last time I checked it is still America, land of choice. So get your sorry but in gear and apologise for being an idiot.

-reply by upset

This was the reason I left retail.

You should really try posting something useful when you go around digging graves in the forum.

You seem to have a knack of resurrecting old threads comp2. I'm fairly new myself so I dunno if thats fine but maybe you should check it up.

It's totally OK, as long as you stay relevant to the topic and don't make it obvious that you are resurrecting a dead topic -- so try posting something meaningful when you do that.