xisto Community
bluedragon

Help With Some Editing

uhmm do you have photoshop?? i have photoshop cs2.. this is what i would do..1.take the lasso tool and select the red stuff with it [go around and click click click until you have the whole red thing selected] try different feather px things, until you find the one that you like2.copy&paste the red stuff into a new layer3.select the layer where the whole image is [not the red stuff], then go to the top of the screen and click on LAYER: hover NEW LAYER ADJUSTMENT, then go to GRADIENT MAP, and select the black&white one, that should make it look the most beautiful! you can also.. PLAN B: click on the channels thing, & select a black&white one orPLAN C: go to the image adjustments menu, and play with the saturation so its gray scale...hope you have photoshop and this helps ;)

My method would be similar to gisellebebegirl except the part where you copy the red area. 1. First duplicate the layer then give the lower one the black and white color overlay. (You get the black and white color effect duh).2. on the duplicated layer all you need to do there is turn it into a layer with a mask. That way you can paint in and erase anything you want shown in our example the red rose part. The advantage of using layer mask is that whole layer is saved and you wont lose any pixels its essentially just masked out to show only what you want. It beats copy and paste selections because if you made a mistake in the copy and paste part e.g you did not get all the red part you will have to do it all again.

post-45102-1215565581_thumb.jpg

Edited by sonesay (see edit history)

If you are using the GIMP:

Open the photo

Click Colors in the top menu, then Hue-Saturation...

Click on Blue, Cyan, Green and Yellow in turn, reducing the saturation on each one

Leave Red and Magenta, to keep the red/pink shades. You may want to reduce them slightly, or they can stand out a bit too much.

Thanks a lot :)@rvalkass - I'll try this one first.. looks a lot easy :D@sonesay - Thanks Buddy.. The method is kind of complicated but worth a try . @gisellebebegirl - ur name is kind of too long.. :D had to copy it .. anyways.. I do have Photoshop CS2. I dont work on it too much. The last thing i did was to erase a name tag off from one of my photos :D. Anyways, I'll try ur method too. Hope it works. Dont know wat a lasso tool is :D, I hope its the same thing as in FLASH.

All Done.. I tried it with GIMP first but the effect was not so pleasant since it also extracted the yellow from the Rose's Base where the stem starts :).. So I tried Photoimpact (since I have a full licensed of this only, I only had a demo of Adobe Photoshop). This was the first time i used this and its quite easy. I used a brush like tool that decolourized the whole thing. I just left the red part and extracted the colors from the rest of the image.I am attaching the Final Image. Although its the same as making a new mask layer and removing the colours from it, but a lot simpler.

post-61260-1216059068_thumb.jpg