xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

Why We Blog Why we blog

I was scanning the net the other night and have noticed that so many of us, that have a website also have blogs. Somethings that I saw there are very nice and yet others I found to be in bad taste. I know when I was growing up somethings was meant to be private. Now we post everything and anything in our little blogs.Myself encluded I have a weather blog. Was wondering how many of you also have one and what its about?

Well some people would say I need a blog, and I want one. I am working on it right now. (It will probably take a while because I am very slow and lazy.) It would be about things I am interested in. Typical teen girl things, but I will not blot my privacy and my full life for others - I am not that brave. (Plus I see no reason why I should do so.)Currently the shoutbox works kind of good. ;)

I have one blog right now. I use it only to post some stuff about my various web and game development projects. Ironically, I made the blog about my web development because I didn't have the time to develop a real website ;)

Blogs are the places where we can share our thoughts with the like minded people. Net has made the world small & accessible to everybody. Earlier we had to depend on the media to share our thoughts which was not accessible to everybody.Through blogs we can share what is happening right in front of us & discuss our experiences with each other. Blogs have made an impact on our lives. Like if someone is intrested to know about the latest happenings in the mobile phone. He can go to the blog with the topic mobile phone & find lot of genuine information about the latest technologies & upcoming models of the mobile phones. He can get enriched by the user experiences of the mobiles & can make a wise decision to go for the mobile suited to his needs. Similarly there are lot of blogs for different topics related with day to day life which can be really helpful to us.

I see blogs as a way for people to give others a chance to read what they think, whether it's the unspoken word or if it's their opinions on something. If you don't like someone's opinion on something, you can comment on it and share your own thoughts or just not read it.I blog from time to time to vent and in that way have a bit of a release, and in this way my friends have a choice as to whether they want to hear about my problems or not. ;)

I normally blog to relieve my stress or frustration on an issue. Be it one about people, my generation, technology or anything. its my way of having a rant about whatever it is that is annoying me at that time. I also try to offer solutions (where possible), or why I think what I think, and it is open to discussion.

It seems that many people online tend to keep a diary and keep to themselves traditionally. However, blogs have changed that, with most having the option of letting the blog go out into public (for the whole world to see), or chosing to restrict access to the blog to a selected group of friends. However, blogs today do tend to give other people things to read other people's thoughts on everyday life or things which may excite and/or frustrate them at various times in their life.

I don't blog ;) ...I don't have time for that; I only created 2 account one on blogger and one on wordpress to see which is better(wordpress is);I guess people blog for their pleasure, some for money, some for own business, some just to show that they can do it too, and some because they're too stupid to do something else, also a lot of people on the net don't even know the blog term...

I definitely agree to all of the earlier replies, except the one by Sica-GURU. I can keep my friends and people updated on everything that I'd like them to be. Even special occasions can be made even more special through blogs. I have a blog where I have my private "psychobabbles" (rants with a philosophical edge, revisions of old used proverbs) about the world which only my really close friends can read. Though they still can't comment on any of the posts. Then, there is a separate writing journal too. And they all seem to equally help you, psychologically. It isn't the same as maintaining a real-life diary, for many reason.

It really makes a difference when your thoughts, the chemical synapses in your brain are there in words somewhere. It's where people can know what exactly do you feel and think. It's not like a diary, it's not where you write about stuff Disney asks you to think about 24x7 or where you're scared to death that someone might read it. It's just not. It's different, because people don't call them diaries despite them being technically the same thing. Call it the psychological effect of a new word, "I'll say exactly what I want to say, make people hear it, too."

For all new bloggers out there, I suggest you go have a look at WordPress right now. ;)

Edited by sylenzednuke (see edit history)

"It's where people can know what exactly do you feel and think." that's a problem for me.. I DON'T like everyone to know my thoughts, feelings and my habits, that's why I don't keep a blog ;)I only post something to see others reaction on that...that doesn't mean I post "fake" thoughts;and I keep my friends updated by talking face to face, on IM or on the phone..

Instant Messenger/Phone/Skype other forms of contacts to your friends is a great alternative if you want to keep thoughts to yourself without having the public or the world know about it. Although there are some blogs which enable privacy and/or site control that restricts viewing of the blog to you and/or your family members and friends.

I read an article in Scientific American about how blogging is good for mental health, mostly for the same reasons journalling is. It was quite interesting, and I think that's one of the main reasons many people blog.A lot of blogs, however, don't focus so much on the blogger as a certain topic, and they serve more to inform the public about this topic by providing links to resources and news in the field. These are the types of blogs I prefer to read, as they offer much more information. However, sometimes it's beneficial to add a personal spin on such blogs, giving them something that a textbook wouldn't have and making it easier to relate to/understand the material presented.My blog's theme is creativity; I blog to show people the things I'm making with the hope of inspiring them to try new craft mediums or start new projects. I also like to show people articles and books that discuss creativity and ways to maximize it. This theme also keeps me in creative mode and helps me produce my crafts.Blogging has become such a huge area that there are so many reasons why people do it, and so many topics blogs can be about. Sometimes they are nothing more than a livejournal, other times they are impersonal and scientific. Whatever the purpose, the blogger derives some benefit out of it and hopefully the public does as well.

^ Yes, you have to. I see a lot of girls who write about their stupid friends, evil teachers, mean parents etc. What if the persons they are talking about ever reads it? I would be so embarrassed! I can not believe what some people write about. How stupid their ex is and how much they want him back... it is strange. They tell us who they are, where they live, pictures of themselves and so much more. Would not be that hard to track them down and throw eggs at their house...