xisto Community
ivantoar

What Is The Program To Join Videos Together?

I'm trying to join my videos all together, I want to make overlay or I don't know what's it's supposed to call, but I do have some examples. Please take a look at this link
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It's for example, take a look at 00.50. The author joined Morgan Freeman's video with another video. Or take a look at this too

at 03.19, 03.36. At 03.36, when pyro (the blue man dancing), there's another video added, another man called G-Man dancing too. What software needed to create those things? thanks.

Well if you just want to have them cut together all you need is some video editing software. There is tons out there, some free ones, some you have to pay for. I use final cut pro myself, however I doubt you'll be wanting to use that one. For some of the more complex special effects that they did in that video such as keying it may be difficult to find a free one. If you tell us what operating system are you using, we could perhaps we could help you find a good one.

Edited by galexcd (see edit history)

I use Windows XP SP2. It's OK to be payware, as I know, no free software offers advanced effects. Anyway, can you explain what is keying? And have you already take a look at the sample video I gave? Thanks for the reply anyway, still need help finding that one tough

Use Windows movie maker simply.

Simply no. Windows Movie Maker cannot make such effect like the sample videos I provide. Anyway, I bet you haven't take a look of it at all

Might i just point out - Windows Movie Maker is useless and a waste don't use it.

Anyway back on topic what is the file format .avi, .mpg, .mpeg, .flv? and what codec? DivX, XviD, mpeg I-II-III (Only some to give you an idea of what im talking about)? You don't really need to know the codec but it would help and make it easier for the job, however all you need to know is the video file extension.

have a look here for mpg/mpeg (it says its free) - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Use search terms including freeware or free with a prefix of [file format] video joiner... e.g freeware avi video joiner

Elsewise yes by all means if you do have a professional video editor already use that it will be much easier.

You Could use pinnacle studio, its powerfull software for video editing, it has a ton of features.

- realtime editing on multiple tracks
- automatic sync the music to the timeline
- also perfect for hd movie editing

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/publicsite/us/home/

Cinelerra is an excellent video editor, with quite a few advanced features, and it is available completely free:

It is rated very highly, although does have a little bit of a learning curve to get round when you first use it. There are, however, plenty of tutorials out there to help you get used to it. There are also tutorials on all of the advanced effects.

Thank you. I think I'll buy Pinnacle Studio, after looking for the trial, it's nice and the price doesn't hurt very much, if I compare it to software like Sony Vegas Pro or Adobe products, thanks for the reccomendation

Why don't you get Adobe Premiere Elements ? It's the same price as the pinnacle studio plus, and in my opinion, adobe has better support and that product has better features?Just my opinion, no one take offense.

Anyway, can you explain what is keying?

Sorry for the late reply I've been swamped between work and school. Keying (also known as chroma keying or color keying) is the removal of color in a clip of video. It can be especially handy if you have a properly lit greenscreen and want to add yourself (or something else) into a shot that didn't contain it before. Edited by galexcd (see edit history)

Any video editing software can do this, all you have to do is get some soft of software which transfers youtube videos into .mpeg or another similar extension. Then from there you can get the two videos, put them on the time line and cut and slice where ever you want to. then, bob's your uncle =).

Yep i have 1 version down from the latest release to the CS3 family and its brilliant, there would be absolutely no need to return to using windows movie maker. However it will take a bit of time to understand how it works and how to use it e.g add effects and such

If you ask me, get Adobe After Effects.. best video editor/creator around.. check some video's about them on youtube, you'll be amazed :)