xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
saitunes

The Big Question: Should I Get An Iphone?

That is the question isn't it? And with the release date soon in Australia (Where I am) There are probably alot of other people wonderring the same question. Right now I've got an old school phone a nokia 5140i or something like that (not sure of the model off the top of my head) it's sturdy (which is the main reason i bought it) and it was cheap. My last phone the keypad doesn't like to type text messages, I can type hi how are you and it turns out "hi HOW 2730948" or something like thatI love my nokia phone, love my mac, love my iPod (other than the fact I wish it were bigger than 8GB)... I am very defensive when someone badmouths macs without knowing or using them for a while and have even tried to convert friends to apple. Should I let apple into another part of my life?Anywho back to the question at hand, Should I invest in an iPhone?Anyone out there mainly the USA or anywhere iPhones have been launched officially (not unlocked) have any qualms about the product? any problems, or commendations? Do you love it? hate it? had to grow into it (like when converting from windows to mac)?Much appreciated

I think people overestimate iPhone. It is not launched here in Norway yet, but some people buy from other countries and unlock them themselves. I have seen other discussions like this about the same thing before. I do not like to have things "everyone else" has got, and I have only seen one other random person with the same phone as I do. Maybe it does not matter to you but when it launches many people are going to by it and suddenly there is nothing special about it anymore.I think the coolest thing is the touch screen. My mobile phone is touch screen, so I am used to it. People say the iPhone has a better "grip", meaning that it is easier to use it. It took a few days before I got used to mine but no I am having trouble when I am writing a message or something with my friends phones. :D Haha, hard!But if you like it, why not? It is an investment, and in a few years I am sure that it will not be worth that much. I suppose a normal phone lasts around 4 years. (Depending on how good you treat that little thingy.)What do you look for in a phone, what do you need? Think hard about if it is something for you, read reviews online, search forums etc. Try to find out what other users thing about that "super cellphone."

Thats really it, noone NEEDS a phone with a camera, or internet access... but they've got them. its not about being different... at the moment I'm in the air about the whole thing... I don't need a new phone. my one I've got is great, only its lack of bluetooth sometimes annoys me. but im happy with the phone. basically I'm really asking"If you've got an iPhone was it worth the hype?"

Seriously the only need for a phone is txting (Maybe) and calling (mainly). Phones weren't designed to be GPS's, gameboy's and all the rest of it. Also don't get sucked into peer pressure about who's got the best phone, as in the end you'll find you don't really need it. I've still got my legendary Nokia 3315 and its more than enough for my business and personal.

ditto litchy.The iphone is pretty nice, and it's cool to have something that does all the things it does, but it's super expensive, and nobody needs a phone that has all the different functionalities the iphone has. Keep your phone for calling and save the money or spend it on something else you'd enjoy more. Sure, the Iphone is great, but it really isn't worth the extra money considering most cell phones can do way more than just call anyway, and you've already got an ipod and stuff so you don't need to listen to music on your phone and stuff.

It really depends on you. Although, I must say... One of the reasons people badmouth Apple products so much is because they can't stand people trying to convert them, haha. I've used Apple products, but I do tend to prefer Windows for my computers.Anyway. I think that if you're unsure... Wait until it's released and see what the new version has to offer you. Maybe go instore (once the buzz has died down) and try it out in person. There's always a difference when you actually see the thing. ;) Oh, and see what plan they may or may not force you to sign, haha.I tend to prefer keeping my technology relatively updated, so... If the iPhone is not locked to one carrier, I would probably go ahead and get it. However, I would be really hesitant to buy it if it wasn't unlocked (or able to be unlocked) because I travel overseas a fair bit and I'm really not going to waste money on roaming.

all apple products are worth to give it a try. regarding the phones, all iphones are good in their own way.We can never compare an iphone with any other phones.when it comes to quality, iphones are the 1st choice.Although the cost might appear bit high but it definitely deserves it.I have used all previous versions of apple, and it has served a great purpose for me.I strongly recommend the mobile lovers to go for iphones, atleast giving a try is the must.

i think the iphone is the perfect phone, the question is are you willing to pay the price to have one?? on top of the 2year contract (heard rummors you are now forced to have a 3 year contract), you need to be on an "iPHONE" plan...on the bright side, the phone is perfect, i dont think i ever used a touch screen phone, that worked as smootly, the iphone itself, i think doesn't rely on its phone options, it relies on its tons of ad-ons, such as the APP store, you can find just about anything you want to buy for your Iphone there, from tools, to games, to magazines, features etc, most of which are free or range anywhere from .99cents to 10 dollars (us currency)another big aspect of the iphone is its built in ipod.. it just FEELS RIGHT, idk about you, but ive never used any of my cellphones "mp3 player function" i always felt kinda nerdy, or geeky using them, even with headphones on..but on the low side you have an itouch already.. do you really want to have both? thats a question i had a while ago, i was doubfull, wether or not that would be the right option for me, i mean, if you ought to use for, thats a slight waste of both, and a drag (carrying both around etc), and if you ought to completely rely on your iphone, what happens to your itouch?, think that if you are really into technology and really put into use your itouch (not just the music, in the APP, and internet way) and you can afford it, etc, go ahead and sell your itouch and buy a 16 or 32(is there even a 32gigs iphone?) iphoneand enjoy your iphone :(