xisto Community
kelvinc2

Lord Jesus And God

Well Erdemir you must understand that Christians do not recognize Mohammad as a prophet. And that in fact Christians recognize Jesus as son of god and not actually as a prophet.

Yeah, There we go, Chistianity perfers to call Jesus as Lord Jesus, or Son of God..
So basically I just trust in Lord Jesus, and God.

Not the others =)

You were right, hitmanblood. I am sorry that they believe in Jesus as son of god not as a prophet. And they are not believing in other prophets.
I said what I believe in my previous post, so will not write here again.

Good Lucks to everyone...

Thanks to all of you, and God ofcourse, for setting me such a good path.

Personally, I accept religions. In fact my best friend is Christian. You started out stating "I am not a Christian". Now you are thanking God. That is quite a change. I am against missionaries and their converting people to their own beliefs. In fact it makes me angry because I think this was not your decision, but in fact the schools "brainwashing". And don't anyone go telling me that it isn't, because it is. I take a Chemistry course at my school. I believe in Atoms and ions etc. because that is what we learn about. You are made to learn about God and the Bible.

Because it was my Bible ISP (Independent Study Project), and its worth 15% of the whole years mark.

Someone tell me this isn't corruption? Read about our beliefs and we'll give you 15% of the years mark.
Maybe I am bias and exaggerate a bit, but I don't agree with methods of missionary schools and the fact that others' beliefs are taught(brainwashed) in schools. I believe this school has given you your beliefs. And if that is true, that is very sad.
Edited by Carson (see edit history)

Personally, I accept religions. In fact my best friend is Christian. You started out stating "I am not a Christian". Now you are thanking God. That is quite a change. I am against missionaries and their converting people to their own beliefs. In fact it makes me angry because I think this was not your decision, but in fact the schools "brainwashing". And don't anyone go telling me that it isn't, because it is. I take a Chemistry course at my school. I believe in Atoms and ions etc. because that is what we learn about. You are made to learn about God and the Bible.
Someone tell me this isn't corruption? Read about our beliefs and we'll give you 15% of the years mark.

Maybe I am bias and exaggerate a bit, but I don't agree with methods of missionary schools and the fact that others' beliefs are taught(brainwashed) in schools. I believe this school has given you your beliefs. And if that is true, that is very sad.

Your post is self contradictory (or, i should say, hypocritical), as the only reason you don't like it is because you see it as a forcing down of beliefs on others. Tell me you were the one that wanted school before even figuring out there was such a thing. Tell me you asked to be taught what you learned in school. Tell me it can't be said that you were "brainwashed" by what you learned in school. Tell me you didn't need to learn what you did in school in order to pass. Perhaps you shouldn't agree with the methods taken by schools in general. Why are atoms and ions more acceptable to you? There's nothing wrong with believing in (or learning about) God or the Bible; however, there is something wrong with disliking or hating things without good reason.

I am against missionaries and their converting people to their own beliefs. In fact it makes me angry because I think this was not your decision, but in fact the schools "brainwashing". And don't anyone go telling me that it isn't, because it is. I take a Chemistry course at my school. I believe in Atoms and ions etc. because that is what we learn about. You are made to learn about God and the Bible.

1. Missionaries (as in: people who travel to other places to teach people, etc.) do not force their beliefs on anyone. They simply go to an area, present the gospel, if it accepted, they do more work there, if it is not, they move on.

I believe in Atoms and ions etc. because that is what we learn about. You are made to learn about God and the Bible.

So in essence, I could say that you are being forced to learn about Atoms and Ions.

That is no where near corrupt. I have studied a bit on other religions in my own free time, but I don't often believe or agree with their teachings. People that go to universities etc. can take courses on religions, and a project may be worth even more of their mark, but they aren't forced to believe it either. You are assuming simply because he is studying Christianity, he is being forced to.

-So, I go to this Christian school called Peoples Christian Academy, located Toronto, Ontario? Canada ofcourse lol. Anyways, our school always accepts non- Christians to join and always make them believe in God.

- I am not a Christian, but I came to pca (peoples Christian academy) and my friends are all Christians. I go to bible class, and my teacher always teach me about the goodness of God, and always shows extra care to me. One day, she asked if I believe in god or not, I though it would be a offense if I said no, so I said yes lol.

- So starting then, she start giving me this Christian books (randomness).

-So, does anyone of you trust that there is a god or are you in Christianity?

1. First why this miss and confusion for a young person as yours. Why all these opinion which will not help you. I don't know why your parent do that. There is Islamic schools , school for jews and other etic schools. Otherwise in public school they are not teaching religions. May be your parent see that it is good to you.

2. I advice you to get the knowledge of Math, Science, History, Geography, Politics, Economic, Accounting, Social Studies , English language (literature, idiom, Cramer, spelling,etc ) and foreign language . As I mentioned 12 branches of knowledge you will add to yourself. Moreover how to use computer and the Internet. word processor, sheet, and data base. How to print and draw graphs in different shape.

3. Only one tiny thing that the religion. If you are a jews then you find Christian read from your bible except that you are not acknowledge that Jesus was the waiting missaia.

4. If you are Muslim you will find that Islam is near to the Christianity, They share the stories of Adam ,Noah, :Abraham (Ibrahim ), Isac, Ishmael, Jacob, Josef, Moses, David, Solomon,...etc. Also there is Jesus in Islam but with two different things. Islam acknowledge that Jesus came without father and he is the word of God. Islam told about miracles of Jesus doesn't told in Gospel. The only two different that Jesus is only great prophet and second that Jews crucified another one believing that he is Jesus. Islam teach that Jesus ascended to heaven and still there and will return at the end of the world.

5. Then it is not big problem to see what some people believe and tell that by saying Christian believe that Jesus.was crucified and dead then res eruct and ascending to the heaven . Then he is in the heave and return again agreed with you believe,

6. If you are not Muslim or Jew then enjoy the stories of Adam ,Noah, :Abraham, Lot, Isac, Ishmael, Jacob, Josef, Moses, David, Solomon,...etc. Consider them as the characters in Daisney or Simpson or Harry Potter.

7. No problem that 15% of the Bible ISP (Independent Study Project), . That is because you study 7 subject in the year.. Most of bible stories are in Koran. I remember I am Christian but I was in the public school of Egypt and in Arabic subject has to remembers and repeat a pieces of Koran and I was preparing articles about Prophet Mohammad . and I didn't felt that a problem.

8. To who was said:

I believe in Atoms and ions etc. because that is what we learn about. You are made to learn about God and the Bible.

I scientist too and acknowledge Atoms and Ions. That is science and scientific theory hasn't fail.. But belief is another things. Belief is things you agree that things exist or happened but you can't prove it. Religions, Big Bang , Darwinism , Evolution (except micro-evolution) and any interpretation of how life is started are belief. Edited by kasm (see edit history)

God Gave us Salvation through is Son Jesus Christ, Therefore No one can Go to the Father except through Jesus the Son, and for this we must be saved and we need Salvation. Salvation is Free Gift, But not a License for Sin.Salvation is the greatest of all miracles. It is really marvellous to see how a lost sinner becomes a righteous person after his encounter with Lord Jesus Christ. Charles Finny, a great evangelist of the 18th century, turned millions to Christ by his sermons. But he was an atheist when he was a youth. While he was reading the Holy Bible out of curiosity, he got convicted that he was a sinner and that he needed forgiveness. But his pride and status prevented him to humble himself before the Lord and confess his sins. One day the thought of his sins tortured him so much that he felt that he was going to die soon. He felt as if many devils dragged him to the hell and pushed into a fiery lake where there was weeping and gnashing of teeth. He could hear a voice, ?The wages of sin is death?. Feeling exhausted and wearied he was walking on a street, not knowing what to do. Suddenly he had a vision of Jesus hanging on the cross with blood flowing from His head, hands and feet. His heart was broken. Tears flowed down on his face. He could not control himself. He ran to a forest nearby, confessed all his sins to the Lord, who sacrificed His life for him and wept bitterly. He felt God?s mercy and His grace enveloping him on all sides. His heart leaped with joy. What a great transformation!

1. Missionaries (as in: people who travel to other places to teach people, etc.) do not force their beliefs on anyone. They simply go to an area, present the gospel, if it accepted, they do more work there, if it is not, they move on.

Most missionaries arent that clean.

KansukeKojima's definition is maybe right, but I agree with Janissary. Some or most missionaries are not just telling about their religion. They are trying everything to convert the people to their religion, for example giving money, lots of money.

I think giving money or something people to convert their religion is not acceptable. Missionaries should just tell their ideas, and if the people disagree; they must not stay there, but they are doing opposite of this.

First of all... I'm not talking about the missionaries from the 1800s, etc. (including the ones that do similar things today) that came to North America and basically forced Native Americans to believe what they did, and forced them to lose their culture, etc. Those kind of missionaries deserve to be shot.

I am talking about true Christians who leave behind everything they have to go to tribes in remote areas, to present the Gospel and help people. Many of them risk their lives to do so. I'm talking about missionaries that spend years and years translating the Bible into the native languages of people. I am talking about the people that spread the Gospel with love, and the people who live to serve God and spread the great news about His Grace! These people do so much for the Kingdom of God, and they will be rewarded for it.

Man you cannot say something like that in fact Missionaries are one of the most clean Christians you are able to meet. You cannot just like that generalized all over people.

I am aware that there were incidents but I have heared for incidents in almost every religion so you cannot make such a statement without any very obvious facts.

Man you cannot say something like that in fact Missionaries are one of the most clean Christians you are able to meet. You cannot just like that generalized all over people.
I am aware that there were incidents but I have heared for incidents in almost every religion so you cannot make such a statement without any very obvious facts.

I think you are living in the USA or an Europe country. I really want to see that you come to Middle East to see here.
Edited by Erdemir (see edit history)

Over 100 books were written in the middle east during and immediately following Jesus life and none of them, not one, mentions any Jesus. He was just some rabbi with visions of grandeur. There is no god.

Over 100 books were written in the middle east during and immediately following Jesus life and none of them, not one, mentions any Jesus. He was just some rabbi with visions of grandeur. There is no god.

That is not true. The fact is that there were many books written and even some Gospels that are not recognized by Church were written after Jesus died and many of those books were in fact mentioning Jesus the more over Jesus as Rabin is mentioned in several historical scrolls from the Roman Empire writers. But only bible and one other book represent Jesus as God or rather son of God.

Today it is not historical question whether he existed or not moreover it is whether he was resurrected. Because finding grave of Jesus and finding him inside will tremble in Christian world. And I assure you that for the safety of world politicians would try to prevent this from happening.

I think you are living in the USA or an Europe country. I really want to see that you come to Middle East to see here.

And Erdemir what should I see there. That is so much better then Europe or USA. Religions are corrupted all over the world and there are bad people all over the world. I honestly haven't understood what did you meant with this comment.

best regards

Man you cannot say something like that in fact Missionaries are one of the most clean Christians you are able to meet.

And Erdemir what should I see there. That is so much better then Europe or USA. Religions are corrupted all over the world and there are bad people all over the world. I honestly haven't understood what did you meant with this comment.

I meant missionaries are not clean or not the most clean here.

In other words they go to a poor country where people are desperate for clean water, food, sanitation or w/e. Then they say: "convert to our religion and we'll relieve of your poverty by building you churches and periodically handing you food. If you don't, we'll bugger off, help someone else and leave your community to starve". Remind me what Jesus said about the good Samaritan and "[loving] thy neighbour".

Missionaries are not caring people with genuine concerns about third-world poverty.

When these missionaries go to other countries, they first goal is to convert and their second priority is to help. Why do Christians prefer to donate to Christian Aid rather than religiously unspecific charities if their primary aims are the same?