xisto Community
kelvinc2

Lord Jesus And God

Lord Jesus and GodSo, I go to this Christian school called Peoples Christian Academy, located Toronto, Ontario? Canada ofcourse lol. Anyways, our school always accepts non- Christians to join and always make them believe in God.I am not a Christian, but I came to pca (peoples Christian academy) and my friends are all Christians. I go to bible class, and my teacher always teach me about the goodness of God, and always shows extra care to me. One day, she asked if I believe in god or not, I though it would be a offense if I said no, so I said yes lol.So starting then, she start giving me this Christian books (randomness).So, does anyone of you trust that there is a god or are you in Christianity?

Listen to me, don't fall like the other christians do.
When you go to church, BELIEVE EVERYTHING you hear is a lie. You have to use your critical thinking skills and figure out, DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL? Going to church, you will slowly get (brainwashed in a good way) to believe in God.

It will go to "Do you believe in God?" to "Believe in God or you will go to hell"

Look at your life. You've been through all of this already without God, and you are fine. With God, you will be tought to believe in the ignorance of man over many thousand years

Refer to my other thread -> http://forums.xisto.com/topic/58685-why-i-dont-believe-in-god-g0d/
Ask those things to your teacher and see what she says ^.^

But, In the bible it indicated specifically what will be done, and it actually is.For example, Global Warming, looks like it is caused by us, but it actually indicated in the bible, which was written 5,000 years ago. I did a lot of research on this.Because it was my Bible ISP (Independent Study Project), and its worth 15% of the whole years mark. It truly amazes me how the bible shows phopheys and now we are fulfilling.Any comments?

Did the bible state "The earth is warming because the humans are using machines that polute the air and release the greenhouse gas CO2"Or did it sayThe earth will get hot because of humansYea.

I'm currently a Christian. I believe the classical interpretation of it according to evangelicals: Jesus Christ crucified, raised again, bodily, for the remission of sins. Aside from this, my interpretations of the Bible are quite open compared to most Christians. My advice to you is that if you wanted to ever study Christianity in-depth, is that you should take a look at some of the older documents relating to Christianity, that is, what the church fathers and so forth have written. This should take some of the modern slant out of what modern Christians posit about the Bible. It also helps to check what it says in the original language, because translators don't do good jobs sometimes :D. As far as the proof of the existence of God and Jesus Christ, I believe based on faith, and just because I see order in the universe. I used to rely a lot on logical argument and "evidence for Christianity," but I found this could often be refuted in endless loops, back and forth. Not very reliable in my eyes. As far as a mystical interpretation to the Bible, I'm also open to sort of "hidden" meanings that underly the scriptures, especially within the Old Testament and Torah -- which was supposedly given to Moses through something like automatic writing, if you believe in the existence of Bible Codes (also known as Equidistant Letter Theory). The religion itself to me is far deeper than what the preachers on television talk about, or what your average Christian knows and follows. As with everything: know it for yourself, not through anyone else.

Kelvin, dont listen anybody. Dont seek someone to tell you what to believe. Dont ask people what they believe, they could be believing for the wrong reasons. Just read... But read from all sides. Read your bible, dont to be contented with someone's thoughts on bible. And read other books too, the other religions and atheist. While reading dont let other people to get you out of your track. Only after you equiped yourself with knowledge, you can be ready to discuss.

By the way, Im muslim.

Once again I am posting after janissary and I almost completely agree with everything he said. But once again I disagree with Amir as he seems now very uneducated person and for that reason it seems that any discussion with him is almost useless. Well, first thing first consider this CO2 is in fact greenhouse gas but it is not only greenhouse gas that we emit even more pollutant are vapors and similar stuff. On the other hand humans are not in fact largest emitters of the greenhouse gasses but volcanoes are. And few more things. Firstly you are almost always saying how you do not believe in god or something similar to that but I now see fyour true intentions you just don't like Christian god and bible this is the main reason and not that you do not believe in the God.

Kelvin, dont listen anybody. Dont seek someone to tell you what to believe. Dont ask people what they believe, they could be believing for the wrong reasons. Just read... But read from all sides. Read your bible, dont to be contented with someone's thoughts on bible. And read other books too, the other religions and atheist. While reading dont let other people to get you out of your track. Only after you equiped yourself with knowledge, you can be ready to discuss.

I agree with you. Just do some study on your own, and learn as much as possible.

@amirborna:

First of all, I'd like to agree with hitmanblood.

To me, it honestly seems like you just hate God. It would seem kelvinc2 is looking for some serious answers, and everything your saying is just ridiculous.

Refer to my other thread -> http://forums.xisto.com/topic/58685-why-i-dont-believe-in-god-g0d/

Ask those things to your teacher and see what she says ^.^

I'm pretty sure that a teacher who has probably studied for years at a university, can easily refute your opinions:

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought

into captivity to the obedience of Christ". (2 Corinthians 10:3,4)

Edited by KansukeKojima (see edit history)

I have discussed with Amir about this in other topics. At last I got a warn because I continued to debate on religious. I gave a promise to a moderator that I will not debate on religious anymore,

but I agree with Janissary, hitmanblood and KansukeKojima.

Dear kelvinc2,

- This is a truth that There is a God. And also there is only one God.

- Believing in God, keeps you on the right way. Your life standard increases.

- Do you know who darwin is? I think you know, so search in google darwin's mistakes. At last he also agree that there is only one god. Even this man agreed.

- The science is finding proofs that there is only one God exists.

You can trust me kelvinc2, The God exists.

I'm currently a Christian. I believe the classical interpretation of it according to evangelicals: Jesus Christ crucified, raised again, bodily, for the remission of sins. Aside from this, my interpretations of the Bible are quite open compared to most Christians. My advice to you is that if you wanted to ever study Christianity in-depth, is that you should take a look at some of the older documents relating to Christianity, that is, what the church fathers and so forth have written. This should take some of the modern slant out of what modern Christians posit about the Bible. It also helps to check what it says in the original language, because translators don't do good jobs sometimes :D . As far as the proof of the existence of God and Jesus Christ, I believe based on faith, and just because I see order in the universe. I used to rely a lot on logical argument and "evidence for Christianity," but I found this could often be refuted in endless loops, back and forth. Not very reliable in my eyes. As far as a mystical interpretation to the Bible, I'm also open to sort of "hidden" meanings that underly the scriptures, especially within the Old Testament and Torah -- which was supposedly given to Moses through something like automatic writing, if you believe in the existence of Bible Codes (also known as Equidistant Letter Theory). The religion itself to me is far deeper than what the preachers on television talk about, or what your average Christian knows and follows. As with everything: know it for yourself, not through anyone else.

Yes, I actually talked to my Bible teacher, she is a strong christian. I asked her about almost every single detail, she answered almost all with bible scripture. I believe there is a God, and there is only one God. Yesterday she told me to pray with her, I did, with my true heart, Thanks!

I have discussed with Amir about this in other topics. At last I got a warn because I continued to debate on religious. I gave a promise to a moderator that I will not debate on religious anymore,

but I agree with Janissary, hitmanblood and KansukeKojima.

Dear kelvinc2,

- This is a truth that There is a God. And also there is only one God.

- Believing in God, keeps you on the right way. Your life standard increases.

- Do you know who darwin is? I think you know, so search in google darwin's mistakes. At last he also agree that there is only one god. Even this man agreed.

- The science is finding proofs that there is only one God exists.

You can trust me kelvinc2, The God exists.

Yeah, thanks Erdemir,

- Lord Jesus is the one who died for our sins.

- Praying God strengthens me, our schools verse is:

Isaiah 40:31

"but those who hope in the Lord, will renew their strengh, (30)

They will soar on wings, like eagles"

Thanks to all of you, and God ofcourse, for setting me such a good path.

Thanks to all of you, and God ofcourse, for setting me such a good path.

Glad to hear!

- Lord Jesus is the one who died for our sins.

- Praying God strengthens me, our schools verse is:

Hey kelvinc2,

it is good that you believe in the prophet Jesus. I don't want to get you confused, but do you believe only in Jesus? Do you believe in other prophets?

As a Muslim, we believe all prophets including Jesus. All prophets Adam, Noah,...,Psalmist, Moses, Jesus, and the last prophet Mohammad and all the 124000 prophets determined in Quran.

But of course you are free to believe in the prophet Jesus only.

Good luck.

Well Erdemir you must understand that Christians do not recognize Mohammad as a prophet. And that in fact Christians recognize Jesus as son of god and not actually as a prophet. Just so that we do not get it confused :D

Yeah, There we go, Chistianity perfers to call Jesus as Lord Jesus, or Son of God..So basically I just trust in Lord Jesus, and God. Not the others =)Thanks,,Kelvinc2

Yeah, There we go, Chistianity perfers to call Jesus as Lord Jesus, or Son of God..

So basically I just trust in Lord Jesus, and God.

Not the others =)

Thanks,,

Kelvinc2

Well from your posts I have figures out that you are probably true Christian I don't know to which section of Christianity would you fall in but I assume that you also respect and trust that is believe in the holy spirit. Since the holy spirit is one with Lord Jesus and God. That is they form holy trinity.

On the other hand all Christian Churches believe in the concept of holy trinity, that is in their cause. But the biggest thing that separated Christianity in two (Great Schism) in first was in fact discussion whether they are all one person or they are only one in the cause.