xisto Community
jjaenagle

The Best Places For Electronics And Byos Parts cheap online computer/ parts and electronics retailers

hey everyone! Im pretty sure most you guys already know about most of the things im listing but these are my "tricks" to online shopping and etc.I have a bunch of websites that i go to to search prices for electronics and buy stuff instead of going to my local retailers.For the best online shopping comparisons, i would go to froogle.com just to see what the average prices of an item is.I have bought a lot of expensive stuff for a lot less than what most places sell them for!Here is a list of my favorite online (and some not online) stores to do electronics shopping. They are also build your own system type stuff in there as well.*Newegg.com - the best by far. fast, safe, cheap, and a huge selection*tigerdirect.com - second best*zipzoomfly.com - another good one**microcenter - i used to work there and they have great products... they have about 13 or so stores in the us... go to their used section for discounted stuff... they all work!**fryes - kinda like microcenter but with a bigger selection.---------------------------------------------------if you guys have more, just post them here!

Edited by jjaenagle (see edit history)

hey, what about dealextreme.com for some cheap parts that they have? It's always free shipping, and their selection of random stuff is really really cheap.(Straight from China) and also, people review the products and tell how bad/good, so you know what you're buying.

Best Place Online for GPS and Cell Phones ElectronicsThe Best Places For Electronics And Byos Parts

AlbarrElectronics.Com is the cheapest for GPS and Cell Phones and stuff. They have fast and freee shipping, and they are safe.

-reply by Micha

Why wasn't Amazon listed? They really do have a lot of PC items, just usually they aren't the "top end" items. When you do find one that you're looking for there, though, no tax or shipping.Aside from that I use newegg usually. If you have a Frys Electronics near you that is also a great store.To the post about dealextreme...I've heard both positive and negative. The positives I have heard are that they are very cheap(Which is obvious when you look up items on their site), but the negatives, at least to me, outweigh the positives. The biggest one I've heard is that their parts are "fake," meaning not name-brand. Along with that, some items have been said to have taken weeks or as much as 2-3 months to ship out.I personally have not ever dealt with DX, solely due to their record.About Tigetdirect, I've always found parts from them to be more expensive than elsewhere, even when it comes to comparing them to Best Buy or other stores. Not to mention with TD I would have to pay taxes and shipping.

Well do not go to ebay.com to many scammers and products to not work half the time

Try these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/

http://www.newegg.com/

http://www.tigerdirect.com/ <<< Expensive but good quality and postage time.

Hope I helped :D

Edited by Ash-Bash (see edit history)

Thanks for that link, superjavy. I didn't even know about that site.Also, another site that I forgot to mention(unsure how I missed it) is fatwallet. You will find a LOT of nice deals there. The most recent ones I can think of were:1 TB External 7200 RPM HDD(Maxtor) with 5 year warrantee - $70 shipped, no taxand19" Flat panel monitor(5ms response time, 1440*1280 I think) - $71 shipped, no taxI think the site is pretty good when you are in the market but do not mind researching ahead of time.If you really want to save money on PC parts, the best thing to do is start planning about a month in advance. From that point on get a list of what items you would like, but keep the list somewhat "loose," meaning that you would be open to swapping out a few parts on the list. From there, keep up with all the deals that are going on online, and you can save a lot of money.My most recent PC, after 8 days of waiting, is:E8400(3.0 ghz dual core)8800GT(670 mhz, 512 mb memory)2 GB 800 mhz ramNew mobo500W psuAll for $450 shipped, brand new. At the time it was worth ~$900 but I got almost everything with rebates.

You guys left out one place that you really cant get parts and other goodies really cheap. Yard Sales. Yes I said Yard sales. you would be very very suprised at what you can get and at a dirt cheap price too.

I have a hard time trusting used computer parts though. You never know if they work, how old they really are, etc.Even if the part works it could die in a day or two and you would (generally) not have a warrantee on it.I've always felt that it is much safer to buy new than to risk it on buying used.Obviously there are some parts that are well worth the risk, when you can get a $100 item for like $2 or something. But don't pay even near retail.

Yard sales.... Dude half the things you buy from them don't work. and if they do it wont work properly why would you also want to get something second hand???