xisto Community
Milk

Abortion : For Or Against Abortion? Share ur views on ABORTION?

ABORTION : For or Against Abortion? - tell ur views regarding Abortion  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As I mentioned much, much earlier in this conversation, abortions WERE allowed before the legalization of Roe v. Wade and the legalization of abortion in the cases of rape or the mother's life being in danger. Therefore, women who would "[find] ways around" any law against abortion would not be doing so because of rape or their lives being in danger but a selfish desire to kill the child rather than put him/her up for adoption.

As for the separation of church and state, I see things entirely different than you on this. For one thing, separation of church and state does not mean those in office must be uninfluenced by their personal beliefs in God. That's ridiculous. We are all religious in the sense of having personal beliefs and our personal beliefs affect how each of us reasons and makes decisions. I would also point out that Lincoln, Washington, and many other leaders of our nation referenced God in why they governed the way they did.

I also think it ironic that the very references made to God in the way our government is set up, such as God on our currency, in our pledge, in state constitutions, the long-time use of the Bible in swearing in certain people or in the courtrooms, are all trying to be eliminated by people who try to use that separation of church and state thing (which isn't even in the Constitution) to suggest such things should be removed from the government. Let me point out the ludicracy of such a view: People are saying the very men who founded our country meant for references to God in our government to be removed with "separation of church and state" even though said men were the ones to institute those references... Why would they have intended to have removed what they themselves instituted?

https://www.bible.com/

Concerning the trimesters, I find that such things are controversial and hard to prove one way or the other. But what I also find with issues like abortion or evolution is that the true intentions of their adherents become apparent as far less than noble in less visible issues. For example, with evolution, some tried to have a law passed simply putting stickers on evolution textbooks saying evolution is a theory and to weigh it for yourself or something like that. Well, evolutionists were up in arms over that. It becomes clear they're not interested in admitting a simple fact and letting people see both sides, but in keeping their pet theory established as fact when it really is not.

Likewise with abortion, there was a bill out simply to put ultrasound machines in abortion clinic rooms to let women see their unborn babies. Abortionists were up in arms to stop such a bill from being passed. Why? Is it not another matter of trying to stop people from having fuller understanding of the choice they are about to make?

https://sites.hampshire.edu/popdev/
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Or what about another bill that Obama voted against, one simply requiring the approval of parents before kids have an abortion (possibly by crossing state lines, if I remember right). So by his thinking, they are not young enough to drink or maybe even drive, but they are old enough to have an abortion?

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/14021863/

I would also point out that a sizable percentage of women end up regretting having had an abortion and have psychological problems as a result of the abortion. Not only does it negatively affect the child of course, but also negatively affects the woman having the abortion, possibly resulting in suicide or trauma for the rest of her life... something the clinics of course do not mention.

http://afterabortion.com/
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

What is more, it has also been shown that 90% of abortion clinic employees willingly break laws against statutory rape to get business:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2002/05/31/pro-life-group-launches-undercover-sting.html

As for Obama, would you also say we should not question George Bush about the Iraq War and let him simply use the same excuse of "I will let God judge me"? My point is, our elected representatives are supposed to be accountable to the people who elected them. Obama is unwilling to explain himself on controversial issues to the very people he is representing for such issues.

Edited by Joshua (see edit history)

Once in an other forum i dicussed about it. And i would say that it depends on the situation, like for example: if a girl/woman gets raped and becomes pregnant it should be allowed, but if ther's a girl/woman who just f**ks anywhere and with anyone and is just to dump to protect then i'd say no

I am against convenience abortion, those that abort cos it maybe wont help their career or something like that...for those that get raped then that's a bit different...i wouldn't know what i would do in that case...would like to think i would have the baby and have it adopted...but when in that situation is hard to know what u may do...again live and let live in a hard world. we may not always like what others do but no appoint in attacking them...Caz

I have two opinions on this matter; my opinion and my trained opinion...First off my trained opinion is that Abortion is neither good nor bad it is the right a woman has to choose whether she believes she is capable of providing and adequate life for her child. Now I have that opinion trained because I like having women like me and not think I’m a creepy weirdo...My original opinion is a good bit different. I believe Abortion is a good thing, it promotes population control. Not too far into the future we are going to over populate the earth and eventually starve to death as a whole race. Currently our population growth isn't balanced with our death rate; we are increasing in numbers as fast as rabbits. But on the other hand I probably only think this way cause my parents were drug addicts and I was adopted to a sterile family...

Edited by Karrukarru (see edit history)

Abortion is something we can talk about for hours so I?ll make it short. Im for it, depending of the couple or single mother economical situation. If someone as the means to raise a child then yhey should have the baby, but if it happens for the woman to get pregnant and don?t have the means to raise that child the she should have an abortion. Accidents happen.

Name: CerealI personally have no belief in a mighty power, but I'm still against abortion. Odd, right?It, in my eyes, is murder. Somebody pointed out that undeveloped countries will downcast the child's moral. Well, aren't most abortions done in developed countries?There are many couples unable to produce children, so adoption is a great choice for them. If a couple goes through with an adoption, then they will obviously show love and affection and raise that child without abuse. How many couples have you seen adopt a child and then abuse it?-Cereal

Personally, I'm for it, and I believe people have their own reasons for doing it which are none of anyone else's business, and those who protest it are NOT in a position to judge and should keep their mouths closed.Honestly, if they were asked about it fine, but when they are complete strangers picketing outside a clinic/medical center they should be arrested and jailed. I've had a few friends who were attacked by protesters, who had no right to even be there and it p*sses me off.

I'm a Christian so naturally I'm against it. I know that some of you, will not even consider the reasons I list because of what they imply or fail to imply. So here is my non-religion influenced reason so that those few of you will listen.

Why would you take away the chance of something to experience life? Why would you take away the chance to know love, hatred, fun, and everthing else in life? Why would you take away the chance for it to do something great to influence the way people think or act?

There these questions don't imply your killing a human life, they don't imply the fetus is to be considered human, and they don't imply there is a divine creator who wills the fetus doesn't die. Its just a simple question of why you would take the chance of life away from something.

I know I can't keep if from happening, and I understand people will make there own decisions. It is innevitable that abortions will continue. I will not run up to people at an abortion clinic shouting of fire and brimstone. I respect, though I don't agree with, their decisions, but I hope that they will come to understand what they are doing.

Edited by KansukeKojima (see edit history)

Abortion is a tough thing to discuss. It all depends on the situation really. In some cases, I'm for it. In most, I'm against it.

I am pro-life, however I do accept abortion being carried out in special circumstances I.e. rape, mother's life in danger etc..In a Christian mind, I would totally be against however I'm not.-Kelly Brook

The woman has a right to choose, her body her right. It isn't killing if the baby isn't self aware, and in order to be murder it first has to be alive. As long as it is within the first trimester I have no moral objections, but otherwise is kind of horrific. Third trimester abortions are simply wrong, but I respect a woman's right to choose. There should be some sort of responsibility to it though, I mean getting pregnant six times by the time your twenty, all with different husbands, is also wrong. I mean these types of girls/women are the type that usually feed our system with orphans, and they are all addicted to meth. :P Wow, a lot of ideas thrown out there, but all in all, women should have the right to choose if they are making a mistake and learning from it.

me, if you asked me I think Abortion is wrong, but I also think that Women have the right to have their pregnancy terminated, so I guess im like half and half but I still lean a little towards its wrong, and some people agree and some dont!

I'm totally against abortion except in the case where the woman's health is endangered, or maybe in the case of rape, but once the egg and the sperm meet, it becomes a real baby, if you made a mistake, having sex without a condom or the condom breaks then take the stupid 72 hour pill, instead of killing an innocent baby. I think for being so unresponsible you should have to endure the pregnancy and pain as your punishment then put the child up for adoption, no child needs to die. (Please don't think I'm a right wing nut job for saying this... I hate Bush, and I hate the war on Iraq, and the Religious Right Wing Nuts, but this is one issue I concur with them on).

I am against Abortion because its true its a kind of murder.The children are god gifted ,indeed there are close to god,therefore killing a chil means is to give pain to god as well,therefore I am strictly against abortion.It shouldn't be done Whatever the matter be.A practise of killing the girl child is even worse.People still follow this practises,and i am against it.Girls and boys should have equal rights. :)

Edited by musicmaza (see edit history)

I am against it for religious reasons, but I am not for creating a law banning abortion. Because that won't stop it, and statistics show that women still get an abortion even if it's illegal, and statistics show that getting an abortion in illegal countries is far less safe and poses a higher threat to the woman's life. So how do we stop women from having aborion without making it illegal ? Educate them. That's the key. if they are educated, then they will know the consequences of getting pregnant and they wont get pregnant in the first place. and if they do they woud have thought about it long enough and wouldnt need to get an abortion. That's just my opinion.