xisto Community

Sleeping has never been a problem for me....I generally am enough tired after a day's routine.I just reach my pillow and voila!!! Instant sleep.:)It is waking up that is the trouble for me...especially after experiencing a jetlag or changing sleep habits...

Question: What is the best way to get to sleep easily? Ant tips?
_

I really can't get to sleep easily i'm always rolling around takes me up to a hour and half even more sometimes to go to bed.
Help is appreciated thanks.

Follow these tips

Never go for a sleep in the afternoon time it will spoil your sleep in night.

Have a glass of milk before sleep some says that it works. 

If you have a sitting job then go for exercise in the morning and evening both. 

Always try to be calm. 

Try to read some books while going to sleep it works. 

Yeah I agree - do not take sleeping pills. Some of the best ways I find to get to sleep are:Exercising during the day to make you more tired at night time.Having a tea before you go to bed (something nice and herbal like Moroccan mint).Taking a nice long bubble bath before you go to bed, it really relaxes your entire body.Watch an episode of days of our lives.

Well......there is the brain waves generator that sustains certain frequencies that can make you go to sleep. They can also help you concentrate, relax, and even stay more clam.

I tried the brainwave generator, but it didnt work for me. I didnt get any sleep, instead I had this buzz in my head for the whole day. Then it made me paranoid for a week for allowing my brain to be hacked through sound waves :)

Having difficulty getting to sleep at night is a common problem but sleeping pills should definitely be a last resort. They are not natural. Our body was designed to drift off to sleep by itself, not with the aid of drugs that depress your brain function and state of alertness.I think if you cant fall asleep after lying in bed for a while, get out and do something, some light exercise, drink a cup of warm milk, watch TV, read a book until you do actually feel tired enough to sleep.

Exercise works wonders for me, as does reading before I go to sleep. I try to stay away from the TV though and I keep the lights on as low as I can since I find that darkness helps. In the winter when the days are shorter, for example, I'm much more tired.If all else fails, a mug of warm milk usually does the trick.

Yes.Sleeping pills are a band aid solution.Besides,if you took them every night your system would soon buildup an immunity to them and you would just have to take moreof them.I think if you do use them,try not to use them everynight.The best thing really is to keep busy all day, if not in the bodythen in the mind. Sometimes it's hard getting proper exercise every day when theweather is sub zero outside.

It's really hard to fall asleep when you have a lot of things on your mind, I would recommend reading a book so you forget a little bit, everything around you and put your mind on something else, also try to go to sleep at the same hour everyday (If it's possible) so your body creates and schedule for your sleep, also I don't think is a good idea to watch tv because is like too much light, too much information, sometimes it can stress your mind too much and make it difficult to sleep. Sleeping pills, well I don't think it's a good solution, specially if you are a young person, your body should be able to sleep on it's own, try relaxing exercises, yoga, drinking tea or something warm before going to sleep can help you relax as well.

well as someone that used to work nites, it is hard for me to go to bed before say 1 or 2 in the morning. But if I must go to bed early I find a good hot shower and the old warm milk will do the trick.

This is what works for me:Excercise, maybe a workout, get yourself all tired.Close door, turn off lights, sleep in darkness, and shut your eyes. Try not to think about anything, just cuddle yourself tightly.Sounds a little wierd but that's what works for me.

We're sure you've had at least one friend whose child started sleeping through the entire night right off the bat. But before you get super jealous, remember that lots of parents totally exaggerate their baby's achievements—especially in the sleep arena. Your idea of "sleeping through the night" may be sleeping from 11 PM to 7 AM; to your braggin' best friend, it may mean sleeping from 1 AM to 5 AM straight.But let's move the politics of parenting aside! During the first few months of your baby's life, you're going to wonder if you'll ever get a solid eight hours of sleep again. Here's what you need to know to make that dream a reality.Typically, babies wake up two to three times every night from birth to six months and once or twice a night from six months to a year. But some babies will still wake up in the night from one to two years. Eventually, your baby will be awake for more time during the day and less time at night. Keep in mind: it's hard to predict when that glorious day will arrive.In addition to hunger, his sleep patterns just aren't developed enough to let him sleep through the night. This is why the "cereal at bedtime" advice can be wrong—it usually won't affect a young baby's sleeping habits.Create an environment that's conducive to sleep and teach your baby that sleep is a good state—not scary and lonely. Eventually, your baby will learn how to fall asleep on her own.Your baby will find it easier to develop good sleep habits if you maintain consistent bedtime routines. Try having a "calm-down" period at the end of the day by giving him a massage or a warm bath in a dimly lit room. Then, try to help him fall asleep by walking, rocking in a rocking chair, or cuddling or nursing him. As your baby gets older, put him in bed before he's totally asleep, so he'll master falling asleep on his own.Many parents believe that their patience and enjoyment of parenting is being compromised by sleeplessness, so they're willing to try any solution. However, others feel that trying the "cry it out" methods of training a baby to sleep through the night would be to painful for the baby and themselves.