xisto Community
Mermaid711

Our Country Is Meeting Its Demise Via The Media.

So I live in the great country of America. The land of the free. With purple mountains and amber waves.Yeah you get the point.Well I was watching the news recently, and I've noticed it's alot more grim than it was five years ago. All we see now are bank robberies and rape victims. . . when not so long ago we saw happy things on the news, more often than once in a blue moon.A big problem is with hold impatient and unaware americans are about their surroundings. The other day I saw a heart breaking story on the news. A little girl was getting kidnapped (it was staged, but only the people involved with it knew what was up) in broad daylight, and no one stopped to help her. But the big problem is in our politics. Those damn democrats can't even pick a presidential canidate. Well, okay, the kinda did. But one of the nominees is too hard headed to drop out. But if we can't make up our minds about things like this, what makes us think we're ready to take on a war?And a lot of people have jumped political ship because of the all too volitile mixture of media and war. You can't just pull out of a war when we haven't finished the job yet. Duh.And what about the economy? We're in a slight recession. But it's not the gloom-doom thing the media likes to make it look. Don't even get me started on global warming. That's just something feuled by Al Gore, a man who uses private jets. I wish everyone wasn't so stupid and didn't believe everything they saw on tv.So we're all a bunch of idiots. And us, the kids of the nation, have to pay for our parents stupidity.

that's what you get for being the top country today. almost all news station exagerate a little bit. but if your living in my country, all you get from the news are that where very poor and need we need to find food from the garbage to survive. :D

Mhm, I did not know the U.S is the top country?It is like when I was even younger, (yes it is possible) and when me and my mum for example watched a "scary" film on TV and I was holding a pillow in front of my face because I was frightened. I actually remember her saying something like this. "It is not real. Not everything is true."And that is so true, just like somebody already said in this topic. When not even the weatherman can tell us the correct weather that will be tomorrow, (haha, bad example.) who can? The birds? Yeah, probably that.I have never been to the U.S, so I guess I can not base my beliefs about that huge country on what I have heard. But I must say it is a bit like that here too. Every country has their problems, and some are bigger than others. Some struggle with poverty, some with violence and others complain about the lack of caring homes for old people. Compared to each other there will always be countries with problems more massive than other, but everyone has something they struggle with.Here some of the main problems regards older people. Those who built this country, and do not get help. People for example sometimes need to wait a really long time to get a surgery at a hospital. (Of course not if it is an emergency.)Some people will always focus on the good things, while others tries to create problems that do not really exist.Focus on the problems, instead of constantly making new ones.

Well america won't be on top forever, look at britian, we were the top dogs in the 1900's now the USA, my bet personally is that india will be next, or china but we will see! Anyway who's on top is irrelevent, some problems with America is the way, I don't know where it's comes from, there are soo many patriots, in other words a lot of people who think there better than anyone else, of course every country has them but there are surplus amounts in the US. I get on with the people on here, we're mostly people who are quite intelligent and know how the world works but online on xbox live for example you have to mute about 3 people who insult you because you have a few less points than them or because your not from the same country, which is wrong, no everyone isn't equal but equality isn't based on anything but the person. and it's a shame to say the majority of people are from the US, and it makes everyone else look bad.Of course I'm not defending my own country, the british are still quite bad. All i'm saying is that there are alot of people that don't understand the way the world works and america has some of the largest media's in the world, its quite funny on tv when you see these girls screaming when they see a celebrity, thats why quite a few move down here, because of the cultute differences. and culture differences is what causes all the problems in the first place.Anyway thats my views anyway!

Umm, actually, the USA has been a superpower in the world ever since the mid-1800's. England is a powerfull force and always has been and always will be, but they weren't even able to keep the land they aquired.But that set aside, I can NOT stand liberal media. I can NOT stand anti war stuff. I can't stand any of it.I find it strange, that the democrats look at us funny, like we can't handle or fix problems we cause. It's because we're too busy cleaning up after your welfare rat arses.Rawr.

The topic starter touches on many issues of import to our day and dire predicament, the first being the controlled media that mesmerizes the American masses with carefully censored news designed to dis-empower the individual. Your average Joe Public might leave the nightly news wondering:

"What can I do as an individual do make any change in the world? It all seems so hopeless. Now, I think I'll order one of those unhealthy pepperoni pizzas and Diet Cokes' they just advertised to reward myself for living in this hopeless world, then I'll get to bed early so I can wake up at 5am for my minimum wage job so I can earn enough money to afford a car I don't really want to impress a friend I can't stand. Oh, and I think I'll vote for that Obooba guy because the people who come on TV like him."

Naturally, this is the desired response the Man Behind The Curtain wishes to elicit from you. An apathetic, hopeless, depressed, brain-dead idiot who never questions the status quo and the garbage the mainstream media force-feed the masses. But the truth is, you as an individual CAN make a change in both your own life and the world if you'll only turn off the mainstream media and listen to your own conscious. Power lies within you, not without. Seek out uncensored sources of news online and question EVERYTHING. Don't just blindly believe what you hear on the news. As you start educating yourself on what's really going on the world you'll begin noticing patterns on the TV, radio, and newspaper. You'll notice how they push certain agendas and completely ignore important issues. You'll notice how they're always concerned with occupying your mind with sports, sex, useless trivia, and Hollywood trash. Now, you'll see that they're obsessed with "going green" which has everything to do with demonizing the human race and nothing to do with "saving the planet."

Television is without a doubt the most powerful tool of propaganda and indoctrination the Powers That Be have at their filthy disposal. Think of the media as the puppeteer's middle man. It tells the public what to think, how to dress, how to behave - and people parrot what they hear on it. Much of what the media presents is designed to prepare you for the government's next big scam, be it "global warming" or some other ridiculous farce. Oh, and have you noticed that after the incredibly cold winter we had, they no longer refer to it as "global warming," but "climate change?" What a load of crap. We are being psychologically managed, you see - as they herd us from one paradigm to another. Moo.

No one can argue America is and has been the world's military superpower for the last two centuries. The greatest might the world has ever seen was foreshadowed when the founding fathers spoke of our "manifest destiny." But as the topic starter alluded to, forces at play (by way of media) desire to destroy America from within. Soon, our loving media will be discussing the virtues relinquishing our sovereignty in favor of amalgamating into the North American Union.

The topic starter touches on many issues of import to our day and dire predicament, the first being the controlled media that mesmerizes the American masses with carefully censored news designed to dis-empower the individual. Your average Joe Public might leave the nightly news wondering:

"What can I do as an individual do make any change in the world? It all seems so hopeless. Now, I think I'll order one of those unhealthy pepperoni pizzas and Diet Cokes' they just advertised to reward myself for living in this hopeless world, then I'll get to bed early so I can wake up at 5am for my minimum wage job so I can earn enough money to afford a car I don't really want to impress a friend I can't stand. Oh, and I think I'll vote for that Obooba guy because the people who come on TV like him."

Naturally, this is the desired response the Man Behind The Curtain wishes to elicit from you. An apathetic, hopeless, depressed, brain-dead idiot who never questions the status quo and the garbage the mainstream media force-feed the masses. But the truth is, you as an individual CAN make a change in both your own life and the world if you'll only turn off the mainstream media and listen to your own conscious. Power lies within you, not without. Seek out uncensored sources of news online and question EVERYTHING. Don't just blindly believe what you hear on the news. As you start educating yourself on what's really going on the world you'll begin noticing patterns on the TV, radio, and newspaper. You'll notice how they push certain agendas and completely ignore important issues. You'll notice how they're always concerned with occupying your mind with sports, sex, useless trivia, and Hollywood trash. Now, you'll see that they're obsessed with "going green" which has everything to do with demonizing the human race and nothing to do with "saving the planet."

Television is without a doubt the most powerful tool of propaganda and indoctrination the Powers That Be have at their filthy disposal. Think of the media as the puppeteer's middle man. It tells the public what to think, how to dress, how to behave - and people parrot what they hear on it. Much of what the media presents is designed to prepare you for the government's next big scam, be it "global warming" or some other ridiculous farce. Oh, and have you noticed that after the incredibly cold winter we had, they no longer refer to it as "global warming," but "climate change?" What a load of crap. We are being psychologically managed, you see - as they herd us from one paradigm to another. Moo.

No one can argue America is and has been the world's military superpower for the last two centuries. The greatest might the world has ever seen was foreshadowed when the founding fathers spoke of our "manifest destiny." But as the topic starter alluded to, forces at play (by way of media) desire to destroy America from within. Soon, our loving media will be discussing the virtues relinquishing our sovereignty in favor of amalgamating into the North American Union.

This is why I don't watch TV. lol

But in all seriousness, TV is one of the most useful advertising objects. I mean, pretty much 80% of North Americans own at least one, and about 50% own two. It's starting to turn into something like Animal Farm. (I have no idea why I keep on referring to those two books by Orwell!)

I've gotten to where the only news I watch is the good ol' fox news channel. Nothing is more refreshing than some good old Sean Hanity and Bill O'rilley.That's the bad thing about people. Propoganda is so effective with themIs it a crime to have a mind of my own? To speak for myself?

There are two types of politicians, 1) Rich people who get in to it because there family's did and they think thats what they should do.2)The lower classes who try to make a difference but then realise how much money there making.I think the last ever episode of malcolm in the middle illustrated it best to be honest.

Is it a crime to have a mind of my own? To speak for myself?

According to American politicians, it's not. According to the American government, however, it is. (Well, not legally, but you know what I mean.)
I seriously hope that the situation in America does not leak into Canada. It's starting to become more of a good thing for us to connect only through economy and trade, and even then it's through impartial proxies.
You know, that for Canadians to come into America, they need to show a passport, driver's license, or birth certificate, but for Americans coming into Canada, they don't actually need anything? It's weird.

I've stopped watching T.V. a long time ago—it makes me feel like my brain cells are dying. The only news i get is anything i run into when working on my personal projects, news found here at Xisto, or else where. I don't keep much track with the "outside" world.

You know, that for Canadians to come into America, they need to show a passport, driver's license, or birth certificate, but for Americans coming into Canada, they don't actually need anything? It's weird.

Does Canada have immigration problems?

Yes America is f'd up right now (don't say it isn't because it is, i'm not gonna get into the specifics). And Yes every country has it's problems. However, America's problems are everyones problems, and believe it or not, everyone else's problems are our problems. With the increase in technology, we are all now becoming closer together and more heavily reliant on each other. The problem is, we American's have gotten so damn complacent about the things that have an effect on our lives; gov't spending, health care, social security, poor neighborhoods, excessive lawsuits, shady politicians (just to name a few). But what do I see on the news every night? I see celebrities, reality show updates, and the bull*** democratic nomination slander. The fact is that as long as Americans have their tv shows, their myspace, and their materialistic celebrity idols, nothing is going to change.

I don't watch the news , I find it depressing, I'm the sort of person who never lets things get to him because he doesn't think about it, problem with that is when you do you get really depressed!