xisto Community
jjaenagle

What Do You Think About God?

I only know from what I read from the bible and what we learned in class, but I do believe in God. I think that God loves all people, plants, and animals and he's a very understanding and kind being that watches over everyone. He wants everyone to be nice and help each other and be at peace and he sees the good in people's hearts. If I think about doing something wrong, I think about God and it makes me stop.Even though there's all this new science stuff like evolution, it still fits together with God to me.

I think God is everywhere and is everything. We are God. The plants are God. The rocks are God. Interstellar space is God. Time is God.God is the energy that constitutes the smallest particles and the energy that moves them and keeps them together making larger structures.And, above all, God is consciousness.We are conscious because we are God.You eye processes light. Your visual cortex processes visual information.Your pattern matching system identifies objects.But you are aware of the object and you are conscious because God is consciousness, and God is you.And God is also that nagging mosquito.

life without god is like no air for me to breathe, no water for me to drink, and no love for me to feel. without him i am nothing because without him there is no life at all.

life without god is like no air for me to breathe, no water for me to drink, and no love for me to feel. without him i am nothing because without him there is no life at all.

Clearly that is untrue. I live quite happily without any God, and I actually find the notion that 'without God there is no life at all' to be both childish and rather insulting.

I think God is everywhere and is everything. We are God. The plants are God. The rocks are God. Interstellar space is God. Time is God.

If God is everywhere, then where is everything else? If God exists at every point in spacetime then there is no spacetime left for anything else to exist in.

God is the energy that constitutes the smallest particles and the energy that moves them and keeps them together making larger structures.

Bunk. We know what the energies to do with matter are - we can measure them. The 'energy' that moves things together is called gravity. If God were this energy then we can measure it precisely and we find it doesn't vary, so calling such an energy 'God' seems perverse in the extreme, when 'gravity' is much better and gives us useful formulae with which we can make predictions and calculations about how this 'energy' will behave.

And, above all, God is consciousness.We are conscious because we are God.

You eye processes light.
Your visual cortex processes visual information.
Your pattern matching system identifies objects.

But you are aware of the object and you are conscious because God is consciousness, and God is you.

Once again the word 'God' is redundant. I am me, you are you. We both think we are conscious and the probability is that we ARE both conscious. Introducing another entity (God) actually adds no information. We cannot test the assertion, it doesn't make any predictions about the universe, it doesn't relate to anything we can measure or observe, and it doesn't explain anything that is not better explained scientifically.

In short, Ockham's Razor tells us that the concept has to go......