xisto Community
jjaenagle

What Do You Think About God?

Why would dieing in anyway help me, he died for my sins, why couldn't he live and my sins be forgotten anyway! thats like stealing a watch to stop global warming, there completely irrelevent!
The bible to me is a book of stories, with morals we can learn from , much like the guy who wrote the tortoise and the hair and other simular books (essop??)

You asked why dieing would help you. I will explain it to you.
As you are human, you obviously commit sins. The price of sin is death. In other words, because you sin, you will die. If you never sinned, you would never die. However, we as humans are born into a sort of 'sin-nature' because our parents and those before them have sinned. Since this 'sin' demands death, the cost would normally fall on you. However, because Jesus died for the sins of all of man, if you accept that gift from Him, you yourself do not have to face death to pay for your sins.

As for the Bible being a book of stories: many of these 'stories' have been historically proven. Obviously, they haven't been imagined.

I think there is a God.No matter what anyone says. There has to be a begging for the universe and that's God. Whatever form he/she/it might be.I don't believe it all started from one point and boom it was there.Although you can argue were God comes from. How was God created. Theres so many questions people can ask about beginning, but to be honest on one knows.Religion might be there for something for people to believe in, because in the early day's no one knew scientific theories of the world's creation and though the world was flat and there nothing beyond the earth moon and sun.

Edited by dhruv (see edit history)

A lot of the stories have been scientifically disproven as well, also remember that things happen in real life can be considered miraculous etc.also the bible isn't one book, its a collection of scripts which were decided by important religous figures, who chose the most important relgious texts.The reason people sin is because of nature, we are animals after all, pre marital sex is only a sin to us not to a donkey, we just evolved into a more intelligent creature, also adam and eve in my opinion is the most stupid story in the bible (no offence) I seem to remember a talking snake somewhere.

I have tried to accept him, but I just can not do it. I feel like I do not fit in, so I have decided that it is not something for me. After all the different stuff that has happened in my life, I have a hard time believing that someone can help me, or make me feel better or something like that, if I accept him into my heart. I hope that you all understand it. I grew up with people saying different things to me all the time. I am quite sure that if my dad had not always been that negative about religion, that I would be religious. I would actually fancy that.

Hmmm... You say that you have a hard time believing that someone is able to help you if you accept them into your heart. I'd like to make a point that the reason why you choose to accept the grace that God is willing to offer you, is so that you can live for Him. You do not make that choice so that you will feel better, you make that choice so that you can bring glory to God! You make that choice so that you can enter God's presence and worship Him!

I have tried to accept him, but I just can not do it. I feel like I do not fit in, so I have decided that it is not something for me.

I am very sorry to hear that you have already made the choice not to accept God's grace. But please remember, you can make the choice to accept it anywhere and at any time in your life. It is YOU who makes that choice, and the choice you make will decide what happens to you at the end of your life.

Kansuke, In all seriousness list all the advantages belief in god will have for me over athiesm. Also I suffer from gluttony which is a deadly sin? It's also an eating disorder. Which means i have limited control over it. Seems a little unfair don't you think.

lol kobra... yes, those are aesop's fables. But those are just stories with morals. The things that happened in the bible are 100% true... you dont have to believe it, but there hasnt been anything to prove that it didnt happen... like evolution.anyways, in the bible, the only things that are not real life situations are jesus's parables, which are much like the fables. Im glad you think we should follow christian morals :D and i completely agree with your horoscope idea with atheists. That is the best i have ever heard. I completely respect you for your stance on this subject and im not trying to argue... just giving you my "story" and point of view to this.and if you really think about life and god... you have to have some kind of a reason for all these things... and i know!!!! it hurts my head to think about it too... but we do have to explain our beliefs and not piggyback off of everyone elses religion.... im not saying you are, but a lot of people do. they say they are going to heaven, but they dont believe that jesus was god or he wasnt the real messiah or he was just a normal person. what are they trying to say? that they are either jews or whatever and that the god that created heaven is the same god that also believes what that person believes?

Hidden

Now the serpent was more subtle than any other wild creature that the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God say, 'You shall not eat of any tree of the garden'?" 2 And the woman said to the serpent, "We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden; 3 but God said, 'You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.'" 4 But the serpent said to the woman, "You will not die. 5 For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." 6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate; and she also gave some to her husband, and he ate. 7 Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves aprons. 8 And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD God called to the man, and said to him, "Where are you?" 10 And he said, "I heard the sound of thee in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself." 11 He said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?" 12 The man said, "The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate." 13 Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this that you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent beguiled me, and I ate." 14 The LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, cursed are you above all cattle, and above all wild animals; upon your belly you shall go, and dust you shall eat all the days of your life. 15 I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel." 16 To the woman he said, "I will greatly multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you." 17 And to Adam he said, "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you, 'You shall not eat of it,' cursed is the ground because of you; in toil you shall eat of it all the days of your life

There we are, you can thank talking snakes for all pain and suffering! also noah's ark, well thats genetically impossible, that would suggest we are all decendants of noah, incest alert, also then we would be horribly disfigured and would all have terrible diseases, it's things like these that make me question the bible.

also the bible isn't one book, its a collection of scripts which were decided by important religous figures, who chose the most important relgious texts.

Well aware of that... and if that was an attempt to discredit the Bible, I assure you, everything God wants in the Bible is there, nothing less, nothing more.

The reason people sin is because of nature, we are animals after all, pre marital sex is only a sin to us not to a donkey, we just evolved into a more intelligent creature, also adam and eve in my opinion is the most stupid story in the bible (no offence) I seem to remember a talking snake somewhere.

Agreed, it is natural for us to sin.

Also, why do you consider what is said in Genesis about Adam & Eve to be idiocy? A talking snake you say? I don't consider that so ridiculous when it was Satan presenting himself in the form of a serpent. Regardless of whether or not snakes can talk, it is clear that Adam & Eve were tempted, they gave in, and there you have the fall of man.

The reason people sin is because of nature, we are animals after all, pre marital sex is only a sin to us not to a donkey, we just evolved into a more intelligent creature

I'd really like to dissect this point of what you have said.

Although I agree that it is natural for man to sin, it seems that you present this idea by stating that we sin because we have evolved into a more complex being capable of doing so. On that I have to disagree. In the beginning (pun intended), God created us able to make the choice whether to rebel against Him, or obey Him. We were GIVEN the ability to make this choice, we did not develop it. Other organisms on this Earth were not given that ability.

Kansuke, In all seriousness list all the advantages belief in god will have for me over athiesm. Also I suffer from gluttony which is a deadly sin? It's also an eating disorder. Which means i have limited control over it. Seems a little unfair don't you think.

What are the advantages of a belief in God over a belief in Atheism? I follow Christ not for my own benefit, but so that he may be glorified and honored. After all, that is why we have been created.

You seem to have the warped view that whatever you believe in must be the truth.. honestly that is the root of your question. by asking me to "In all seriousness list all the advantages belief in god will have for me over athiesm" it really seems like you are saying that if I believe in atheism, it is right, or if I believe in God it is right. I am sorry to break this to you, but there can only be one truth. God exists, or He does not. The point is not the advantages of the beliefs the point is believing the truth.

Also I suffer from gluttony which is a deadly sin? It's also an eating disorder. Which means i have limited control over it. Seems a little unfair don't you think.

All sin is deadly. All sin is a disorder. It doesn't sound all that unfair to me.

There we are, you can thank talking snakes for all pain and suffering! also noah's ark, well thats genetically impossible, that would suggest we are all decendants of noah, incest alert, also then we would be horribly disfigured and would all have terrible diseases, it's things like these that make me question the bible.

No, you cannot blame talking serpents for our suffering. WE MADE THE CHOICE TO REBEL AGAINST GOD!

rofl... incest alert... haha.. ok...

Our genes, and genetics in general have definitely changed quite a bit over the thousands of years since Noah's ark and the Great Flood. I do not think that disfigurement would have occurred in those days for incest. Also, it was not sinful at that point, and would not have such consequences as disfigurement... etc..

Edited by KansukeKojima (see edit history)

okay last post :D

I do not think that disfigurement would have occurred in those days for incest.

all im saying that if one had a disease then it would be passed down to all, and that if one had a bad nose it would become more obvious and worse over time, leading to disfigurement.
Am I rebeling agianst god, can I rebel if i do not believe in him. Isn't it that I just disbelieve and choose that because I disbelieve I needn't worry. Thats not rebellion thats logic.

Also one question, if in deed there is a heaven, what are the rules of sinning in heaven? this is something i've been wondering about for a while though this isn't an arguement against thiesm.

lol... kobra.. good thoughts... anyways, we are all descendants of adam and eve... noah and their family had to come from somewhere...anyways, most people have a theory that adam and eve were directly created by god and were without defects, but over time, sin caused us to have more diseases and separation caused us to change.Also... there is no sin in heaven... thats the whole point. Hell is where all the sin goes. When we die, our true spirits go into the gates to be judged and the ones that accept jesus and love god, go to heaven and no sin can enter. 'It may sound like a fairy tale for you, but you really cant tell whats going to happen whether you believe or not. It sounds a lot better than coming back as an animal or a rock or something. And it sounds a whole lot better than your body just laying in the ground by the nearest highways.

anyways... in this world, people take paganism way too seriously. Paganism isnt even a religion. Its an old christian term basically "putting down" an unbeliever. They were into a lot of sin and didnt care about jesus or who he was....

Wrong wrong wrong. Paganism is a religion. Look it up. Your view on paganism, has been skewed by the church and pagans still exist today. I'm actually friends with a few. Pagans are only sinners in your eyes because they don't uphold a belief in god, therefore, I, as an atheist, am one as well. Please, educate yourself. Edited by Inhuman (see edit history)

ok... pagans are not religious people. Please dont try to argue on this one. If you are talking about pagans as wiccans, or neo-pagans than yes.... i guess you could say it is a religion, but all it is, is pagan culture with old religion beliefs put together.The word pagan derives from the latin word paganus or in other words, a villager or country dweller.Christians back in that time used that term to describe "country folk" who had not discovered christianity and were still practicing polytheistic religions.In the modern world, we use the term pagans or paganism to describe a religion that is not of christian or jewish faith. Nobody really wants to be called a pagan. Its also like being called a heathen... which is also not a religion.

Edited by jjaenagle (see edit history)

Thousands of Years ago we beliefed that smells caused illness, we know that they were wrong, they believed it because they didn't know about germsThousands of years ago we all would have believed in God, they believed it because they didnt know about evolutionary theory. Thats what I believe about belief.

Thousands of Years ago we beliefed that smells caused illness, we know that they were wrong, they believed it because they didn't know about germs
Thousands of years ago we all would have believed in God, they believed it because they didnt know about evolutionary theory.

Thats what I believe about belief.

God has always been in peoples beliefs. Over thousands of years ago.. Whether it was the right one or not!

Just recently, we believed that a particle was the smallest piece of matte, until we found out about the atom... and we will keep thinking that until we find something smaller... like the world was flat and now it isnt!

God has been there all those times.... the same god that is here now and back then

According to what i will say is that Our God is a miracle worker. The Bible records so many wondrous deeds which our Lord has performed in the past. He still works in supernatural ways either directly or through His servants in the lives of His children. Nothing is impossible with Him. The great man of God, Smith Wigglesworth once went to pray for a seventeen year old girl who had lost both her lungs due to a chronic infection. When Smith Wigglesworth met her, she was at the threshold of death. When he laid his hands and prayed for her, the girl breathed her last. Smith Wigglesworth was greatly perturbed to see the girl die after his prayer. But the next moment he thought about the great power of the Almighty and prayed . As his eyes were focused on the Lord, the Lord honored his faith and something extraordinary happened. The resurrection power of the Lord descended upon the lifeless body of the girl who had just died. Her spirit entered back into her mortal remains. Her two diseased and atrophied lungs were healed completely!God is a Miracle maker and the miracle maker is still making miracles again ,there is nothing he cant do if you only ask him for the miracle maker is making miracles.