xisto Community
sonesay

How Much Is My Electric Heater Costing Me? Help me work out how much it cost me to run

I don't the specs of my electric heater right now or how much my power company charges per what ever units of electricity I use but could someone list for me what things I need to know and the formula to be able to work out how much it cost me to run my heater per hour?

Found a handy dandy Electrical cost calculator on the Interwebz... http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

If you know the kWh (Kilowatthour) rating of the heater, then this will calculate the cost at the rate they apparently use in the Province of Quebec here in Canada.
Adjust the calculation to match your Local costs.

You'll need to know the power consumption in watts (or kilowatts). You'll also need to work out how long you run your heater for each day. Finally, you need to know what your electricity company is charging you per kilowatt hour of electricity (also sometimes called a 'unit' of electricity).Then plug those numbers into this formula:Cost per day = Power rating (kilowatts) X Time on each day (hours) X Cost per kWhTaking my laptop as an example:Power rating = 55W = 0.055kWTime = 4 hours per dayCost per kWh = ?0.12Total cost per day = 0.055 x 4 x 0.12 = ?0.03 per day

my heater says 2400 watts on the box. I think my power company charges around 20 cents per kWh. It varies between plans.And I probably use it for about 6 hours a day.so 2.4 x 6 x 0.2 = 2.88It cost me about 3 dollars to run my heater each day? Damn I'm going to get a huge power bill ; ;

food dehydratorHow Much Is My Electric Heater Costing Me?

I would just like to know how much a food dehydrator costs to run for 6.5 hours ??