xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
french-german

Graphics Cards Which are the best grapihcs cards on the market?

The grapihics card i have at the moment is the Nvidia 8600GT. i have been looking at whether the graphics cards on the market at worth the money to upgrade. will the difference be worth the money?Options i hav looked at:- Nvidia 8800GTS - better than my current graphics card - Nvivdia 8800GT - better than my current grapihics card but not as good as the 8800GTS.- Nvidia 8600GT - this is my current graphics card, i could purhase another one and run SLIWhat would you choose?any other options?

Looking at NewEgg... the 8800GS will come about to $150, $220 for the 8800GT, and $100 for another 8600GT. (Just guessing on the averages.)Looking at Tom's Hardware, the GT comes out with 30 fps, the GS with 24, and the SLI option at a mere 14 fps when benchmarking with Oblivion at max graphical options at 1920x1200x32. At a lower 1024x768x32 resolution, benchmarking results in 70, 58, and 38fps, respectively.You get almost double the framerate with the 8800GT compared to adding another 8600GT for an SLI setup, but of course you pay about double the cash. 50% improvement comes with the 8800GS.Know what that means?At this point, you're getting what you pay for. :lol:

I think the best card till date for the money is 9800 GTX or 8800 GTX. Awesome performance and you won't need an SLI :lol:btw I am also using 8600 GT (512).. I was also planning to update but I am waiting for 9800 GT, It might be priced somewhere around 8800 GT :)

I have an Ati Radeon 9250, it's a little on the slow side, but it gets the job done, it's much faster than an integrated one anyway. I don't have much experience with NVIDIA so I can't tell you which of your options is better though.

Yea 9800 GTX FTW! But it's pricey. Only high budgeted can buy those cards (at least it's not me, all things in my country is expensive).Personally I choose 8800 GT for high end and 8600 GT for mainstream, they are classic blend with price and performance.

Heck any card in the 8600, 8800, or 9xxx series are great cards, expensive as heck but great cards none the less. I had installed a 8600GT XXX on to my desktop and it has been doing some good stuff to my computer.

Nvidia 8800 gts and ATI's HD range of cards are also gud.. Im using an ATI HD 2600 XT PCIE card and its gud.. I can play assassin's creed at almost full graphics just that i have to put the multisampling at level 2..

<p>I run a 9800GTX+ GC on a Pny 750i mobo with a Q6600 cpu. What is the advantage of SLI?</p>-question by William B. McLaurin

I assume that you are talking about nVidia's graphic card. If yes then you should take a look at this site. I have no knowledge about SLI as i never encountered it before so can't help you with that. Maybe that page URL could help you get the idea about SLI. If not post again, will see if i can find anything else.