xisto Community
Watermonkey

Sperm Donors Wanted! - Human Sperm To Impregnate A Female Chimpanzee Humaneeze breeding program

I think it's a good idea. Though the idea of using them for organ transplants kind of turns me off to the idea. Are they going to create new life just to slaughter it to save others? Hopefully they won't do that if this hybrid does turnout to have a conscience.

Im surprised that such an experiment would be allowed. I mean; what happens if you get I very intelligent, human, with some monkey characters, is not going to be fair on that child/whatever you want to cal it.And some people donating just to get a small amount of money out of it, may get more than they bargained for if it works!

I thought this was a joke when i read the topic headline and i almost wish it was. This is so wrong its beyond belief, and why i hate experiments like this. The scientists who do these things are cold blooded heartless excuses for human beings. They dont much care of the outcome, they dont much care that there may be a disaster and produce a human feeling, thinking ape, who will spend the rest of his/her life in torment for feeling like a human but living in limbo looking like an ape, being studied and experimented on, feeling i expect much like the Jewish prisoners in the concentration camps.There are some things that just shouldn't be done, human cloning for one, experimenting like this just feels so wrong. If this planet ever faces a disaster that wipes us all out, it wont be from a war, it will be from a scientist who just thought one day "I know, i'll see if i can make a super virus to show how clever i am", never really thinking whether he should actually do it for safety reasons....Dangerous breed these lot :)

Edited by wingman23 (see edit history)

this is so wrongSperm Donors Wanted! - Human Sperm To Impregnate A Female Chimpanzee

It is best not to screw around withthe natural order that God created. Sure, we're smart, but God's smarted and He knows best. Plus it is very disgusting and mercy if that half-breed child has intelligence, or even a conscience it would be a monstrosity and a sin to both God and to that child. It must never be done.

/txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley3.Gif Holey Moley! I watched the story about Oliver on TV last night. This is not a normal looking or acting chimp. I'm not so sure they are being truthful about the latest chromosome  testing.  What rule is there that scientists are sworn to honesty anymore than politicians are? They would have their own vested interests in keeping the hoopla down if in fact, Oliver is a human-chimp hybird. 

All I can say is, if this has happened and is still happening anywhere in this world, you people are perverted to intermingle human with animal.  Regardless of the stack of degrees you have after your name, you are still evil perverted human beings!

What would you do with the rest ...Sperm Donors Wanted! - Human Sperm To Impregnate A Female Chimpanzee

What would you do with the rest of the hybrid, after harvesting a kidney? Seriously ... What makes this all feel so wrong -- which it absolutely is -- is the thought of using the hybrid for a replacement kidney, and eating the rest for dinner; monkey stew.

Imagine that, and then wish you hadn't. 

-reply by Jonathan Do

It's pretty disturbing if something like that does happen. If the hybrid had human intelligence, imagine how it would feel if it realized what it was. Even if it didn't, it'd probably be locked up for the rest of its life and be experimented on. I don't think any reason at all can justify the creation of a human/animal hybrid. There are simply too many issues to take into account and too many repercussions. Would the hybrid be considered human or animal? What if it looked human but wasn't self-conscious?I really hope no one has done something like that or intends to, but I'm wondering if there could be a chance that someone has created a human/chimp hybrid and is hiding it somewhere in their underground laboratory or something.

The benobochimps in Africa have been getting "donations" of Human sperm for many years and to my knowledge not a 1 has been impregnated by the repeated "donations" they constantly receive.

God created us for a reason!Sperm Donors Wanted! - Human Sperm To Impregnate A Female Chimpanzee

Why were we created by God?Why did God gave us the ability to think and self improve?It all comes down to one simple reason.To preserve the Earth and protect every other living things in this world.And when I mean living things,chimpanzees are categorized in this group.Impregnating a chimp with our sperm is not considered  protecting them but instead violating their rights to live freely.Animals should remain in the wild and not be used as test subjects or to be mass produced for our own greed.

What should be done is to create awareness on the issue of the lack of organ donors and to encourage people to donate their organs after death.As far as I know,many who passed away are non organ donors and imagine how many lives can be saved if the dead were to agree to being a donor?

I hope the scientists would look at the bigger picture of the situation.More chimpanzees will be poached for more researches and it won't be long before they will go extinct.Human should just leave them alone and not mess with God's creations.Toying with God's creations will definitely lead to a series of bad chain reactions.

-reply by Animal Lover

Need to know.Sperm Donors Wanted! - Human Sperm To Impregnate A Female Chimpanzee

There is a way to just see if it could happen.  How about getting egg and sperm together in a dish, and see how that goes?  We already have test-tube human babies.  If it did "take", then raise it with love and respect.  "Experiments", per se, could all be done on a voluntary basis;  Then we would KNOW the answer, and not torture the humanzee into a miserable life.  Great apes are mostly very cooperative in a nurturing environment, given plenty of excellent food and companionship I.E., security, (until that one day when they seem to go ape-sh*t for some unknown reason...)  Perhaps the humanzee would be willing to help us decipher ape language and social customs - a species go-between?  This would teach us about ourselves, as well.

I can't seem to find much of a practical use for such an experiment, but one might evolve in the process of it.  Organ "donors"?  I think NOT!  New technologies always begin when things in life challenge us;  In fact, the studies of ethics and morality, themselves, came from emotional challenges to our version of consciousness and peaceful governance.  At any rate, beyond a certain point in almost anything, you have to put speculation on the back burner, and take that quantum leap to a different reality.  I was raised without the very technology I'm using to communicate with anyone reading this...But I adapted to it, and I'm happy with it.

You might argue that it would be inhumane to create this cross-breed.  I would tell you that it is EXACTLY humane to do such a thing, because that is who we are!  We're curious little bastards!  We screw around with everything conceivable!

Anyway, you start with the egg/sperm tango in the petri dish, and then move on (or not) from there.  Baby steps, until we have a better footing.

Love 2 all!

-reply by Timot

Well, that would certainly be very interesting to see how it turned out. Seriously though, I'd say don't screw around with the way God has set things. After all, He made it, and said that it was good. There could be many unforeseen consequences of this (especially if the 'humanzee' was somewhat as intelligent as a human).
And also, using them to harvest organs, that is kind of sick. I mean really, breeding an interspecies animal is screwed up enough, but then killing it to harvest organs? Well, I guess it'd be similar to raising cattle, but still... and if the 'humanzee' did have some sort of human-like intelligence, well... I don't think that would go to well.

Yup, I totally agree. Technology has helped humankind massively, but poking into stuff like that is kind of an inch away from trying to replace God. Humans wanting to play God and mess with life will only make this world a scary place, it's like the move 28 days later or resident evil, or the hundreds of zombie movie out there. Humans experimenting with animals and all the wierd stuff and poof! an instant virus that would end the world.
I think movies like those should be taken as a clear warning. It could happen... :)

hahahahahahah giving sperm is fun! they send you in a room with a magazine and a cup >_<well not really lolbut it's a good idea for couples where the male is sterile and they want to have a kid of their own.

This has got to be officially the most disturbing post I've seen on this site so far. And... I could use the money, but I wouldn't want to imagine my face mixed with a chimpanzee's... Talk about nightmares.