xisto Community
chappill

Fudging Cars! Painfulnessness

So i was biking my girlfriend back to her's earlier on, we were about half way back (only takes about 10-15 minutes) when we were biking across a junction, not a particularly busy road, speed limit 30 mph, when this crack a** insane driver comes swinging around the bend, completely ignoring the fact i was biking across it, and i managed to stop within an inch of his car, i did a massive endo from pulling my brakes so sharply and cleared his bonnet while my bike went cascading into his front left side panel (wooo) leaving him with a massive dint, me with a broken wrist and a buckled front wheel, he still drove off despite the fact my bone was popping out of my wrist, so I'm now typing this with one hand...

PLEASE PEOPLE DON'T BE TO** POTS DRIVE AT THE SPEED LIMIT AND LOOK OUT FOR CYCLISTS!!!

OT: I don't think voting for Bush will do any harm any time soon. In fact, I think EVERYONE should vote for Bush. That would make things interesting... As for the Hit and Run... Glad you're all right!

wow... I've had some crazy incidents with bad drivers... like the other day we were driving with an offramp to our left and this guy swerves like six lanes right in front of us to make the off ramp and missed us by like an inch.... moron... but I dunno... even though people are really crazy drivers sometimes I've never really had any incidents with drivers on bikes...seriously though, people really need to drive safer.

So i was biking my girlfriend back to her's earlier on, we were about half way back (only takes about 10-15 minutes) when we were biking across a junction, not a particularly busy road, speed limit 30 mph, when this crack a** insane driver comes swinging around the bend, completely ignoring the fact i was biking across it, and i managed to stop within an inch of his car, i did a massive endo from pulling my brakes so sharply and cleared his bonnet while my bike went cascading into his front left side panel (wooo) leaving him with a massive dint, me with a broken wrist and a buckled front wheel, he still drove off despite the fact my bone was popping out of my wrist, so I'm now typing this with one hand...

PLEASE PEOPLE DON'T BE TO** POTS DRIVE AT THE SPEED LIMIT AND LOOK OUT FOR CYCLISTS!!!

No. 1: It sounds like you were j-walking. So yes it sucks, but that's what you get. :lol:

No. 2: If you were crossing legally (via cross-walk), then you should walk your bike across, not ride it. So yes it sucks, but that's what you get. :)

I hope your wrist gets better soon. (I actually do mean that.)

My sympathy goes out to you and your broken wrist. I hope it gets better soon!Some drivers are extremely irresponsible. In my country, many cab drivers are fond of cutting across lanes without warning, speed or the time, drive past red lights, and they can do it very quickly and at their own convenience, but other people's expense because they have lots of experience driving on the roads everyday. But they probably don't understand that such irresponsible behavior can get other people into trouble.

No. 1: It sounds like you were j-walking. So yes it sucks, but that's what you get. wink.gifNo. 2: If you were crossing legally (via cross-walk), then you should walk your bike across, not ride it. So yes it sucks, but that's what you get. wink.gifI hope your wrist gets better soon. (I actually do mean that.)Answer:1. I wasn't jay-walking, i was riding down a road, and this car comes out of this turn to my left as im biking across it and i have to stop to miss him IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!!!2. I wasn't on the path :SAnd its getting better i can move my thumb now =]

Is this what happened?

Posted Image

If it is, you shouldn't be biking straight across the road.

Congrats on your thumb!

Now the question is: where do you live, because, you may be biking on the wrong side of the road :lol:

Edited by KansukeKojima (see edit history)

Judging from OP's speech, I would say that this happened in the U.K. :lol: I don't think that's much that you can realistically do... although I would push for a hit and run if you caught ANY identification of the vehicle. That's crap that someone actually gets away with that on such stupid behavior. The driver may have been either reckless or even under the influence... in which case I'm glad you're still around to be typing with a broken wrist.If anything, be glad you left a friggin' dent in that guy's car. I know it ain't much, but it's the little things in life that'll push you forward instead of leaving you behind. In the dust. No pun intended.Okay, maybe some. :)

England, north Lincolnshire, right side of the road? It's about the only stretch with no cycle paths on the path as well!And my dad (who's a cop) said i could of gohst-ied my bike into his car, I'd of got a new bike and he's need a new wing panel xD

Edited by chappill (see edit history)

It's about the only stretch with no cycle paths on the path as well!

I don't know how it is like in England, but I know in Germany, a bike counts as a vehicle in the road.

Helps your case if you ever try to pursue it... if this is the case across Europe. :lol:

For some reason most drivers in the UK seem to ignore the rules of the road. They don't quite seem clever enough to understand "give way to the right" at a roundabout, or that pushbikes and things are traffic too, and have exactly the same rights as a huge lorry. I've had to swerve into the middle of roundabouts before to avoid being hit by drivers who seem to think they have a God-given right to push everything else out of their way.I always try to remember the numberplate and type of car if possible so you can report them to the DVLA and police. Even if they can't prosecute, a driver who receives a letter from the police about their bad driving will often change their ways!As of Wednesday I'm a driver too now, and being a cyclist too, I shall make sure I give other road users the respect and rights they deserve.

lol i know its not funny but the way you told this story just made me laugh. Sorry lolI have seen this problem on tv tho and many people have been killed by drivers now paying attention and doing as they please. So its a fair point i suppose asking others to watch out. Stupid rules cost lives