xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SuburbanalCuts

Rpg Pictures I Made

Yeah, i'm making this Role playing game on flash and shtuff called Idavonace. It's like with samurais. yup. :-P I'm kind of trying to make the houses look japanese but dey look kind of not. heh heh.

here are some backgrounds I made for the game in photoshop. :-)

keep in mind im only 13 so they're not dah cooest.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

no offense man but u have a bad drawing for a 13year old. but i like your idea about your RPG. bcuz i'm asain to. i'm from korea west of japan. so good luck on your RPG. you'll need bcuz i think it's tough to make a game depends how good i want to make it. good luck again :rolleyes:

no offense man but u have a bad drawing for a 13year old. but i like your idea about your RPG. bcuz i'm asain to. i'm from korea west of japan. so good luck on your RPG. you'll need bcuz i think it's tough to make a game depends how good i want to make it. good luck again  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not bad drawing... it is like a style of drawing.... basically scruffy lol... but it is cool....

different people have different styles lol ad plus not everyone is good at drawing.... RPG games are alright...too hard for me

Like becca said, it's a little scruffy - that may be a turn off. But, if you ever wish to develop your game like a version 2, it'd be nice to see it in 3d pixel drawing as that'd be real nice. Good luck!

IMHO i think they suck :rolleyes: I dont like them. Anyone wanting to make a serious RPG or such would go for a japenese style but with dark colours such as red and black.I would also go for a technical look.... and remember, im only 13 aswell :)

Lol, you people say it so bluntly!They're really not all that terrible considering they were made in photoshop and with the mouse and all. But, I agree. If I saw those kind of scenes, I would not buy/play the game, even if invited to. Unless the story/gameplay/whatever, were super good. But graphics are awfully important in an rpg so.....The drawings make me laugh though lol =P But keep trying. Maybe you should get 3ds Max and try some 3d stuff with that. :rolleyes:

Lol, you people say it so bluntly!

They're really not all that terrible considering they were made in photoshop and with the mouse and all. But, I agree. If I saw those kind of scenes, I would not buy/play the game, even if invited to. Unless the story/gameplay/whatever, were super good. But graphics are awfully important in an rpg so.....

The drawings make me laugh though lol =P But keep trying. Maybe you should get 3ds Max and try some 3d stuff with that. :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

k. i used a tablet.

IMHO i think they suck :rolleyes: I dont like them. Anyone wanting to make a serious RPG or such would go for a japenese style but with dark colours such as red and black.

I would also go for a technical look.... and remember, im only 13 aswell :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

your right it is pretty bad, but i won't go far as it sucks. i'm 15 now but when i was 13 my drawing wasn't that good either. let's just say it's a creative drawing that post to look as it is. drawn badly purposely or was in a rush.

your right it is pretty bad, but i won't go far as it sucks. i'm 15 now but when i was 13 my drawing wasn't that good either.  let's just say it's a creative drawing that post to look as it is. drawn badly purposely or was in a rush.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i usually draw really fast on the computer. I don't know, I kind of like them.

But saying they suck is mean.

here's drawings i made off the computer to compare (cept for the last one):

Posted Image

Posted Image - an abstract.

Posted Image - Acrylic.

Posted Image

Not a bad idea. I personally can't do anything remarkable in flash, so I can't help you there. But I can tell you that the backgrounds need work. I would make the backgrounds more solid, less scruffy. The characters walking around in the game need to be able to stand out from the background, so the neater you make that, the more distinct your characters will be. I have seen worse (it's called contemporary art :P).

Another thing that stands out is the grass. Neon green is not a realistic (or very comfortable-on-your-eyes) grass color. I would think more of a pine green with highlights and shadows. Photoshop has a grass brush you can use that'll really make things nice. Here's an example of one I made:

Posted Image

It's that easy! And I'm only a year older than you, so it's not hard!

Not a bad idea. I personally can't do anything remarkable in flash, so I can't help you there. But I can tell you that the backgrounds need work. I would make the backgrounds more solid, less scruffy. The characters walking around in the game need to be able to stand out from the background, so the neater you make that, the more distinct your characters will be. I have seen worse (it's called contemporary art :P).

Another thing that stands out is the grass. Neon green is not a realistic (or very comfortable-on-your-eyes) grass color. I would think more of a pine green with highlights and shadows. Photoshop has a grass brush you can use that'll really make things nice. Here's an example of one I made:

Posted Image

It's that easy! And I'm only a year older than you, so it's not hard!

42726[/snapback]

heh heh. ok. thanks. I dunno, I like scruffy stuff. I might actually paint or use artist markers to make the backgrounds. Yeah i saw the grass tool before. For some reason i don't really like using dah different tool pictures. I wish photoshop had more options for creating your own brush. BTW, your images doesn't work for some reson.