xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

Bios Help with the Bios

Simple and short.Playing around with a bunch of junked PC's Got a old HP privlion 8750 here that I am fooling with. No Operating system, CD, hard drive and floppy drive are not working. Figuring it is in the BIOS someplace. Went to HP and found a BIOS Update but have to Download it to install. but Nothing works. Anyone here have any idea's other than the trash heep?

Consider donating it to a School that has a Geek Program. The kids (students) might be able to do something with it or the parts.Where I live, the Regional District has an Electronics re-cycling program that accepts used computer parts. I don't know what they do with them, but they don't end up in the Landfill.

I'm assuming you're trying to salvage this thing before you toss it away--just to see if you can revive it?Give us more detail--are you getting anything at all or do you see POST screen at least? What about any beep sounds? They tell a basic diagnose that can be read by counting how many time it beeps (both long and short).Or is this thing really dead, as in not even bootable floppy will save this hunk of circuits?

If nothing is working and displayed on the screen then chances are that the BIOS ram is damaged. Get it replaced if its a removable one, it might work.otherwise, post the diagnosis results like beep sounds , POST Screen , etc.^_^Hope you reply this time

well spent a few bucks and took it to a PC shop. I had 2 choices. 1 replace the motherboard or the trash heep. The Trash heep won out, not before I saved all the working parts though. :lol:

Ah! Don't you just hate it when all that technology is wasted by throwing it away? 3 years ago it would have been worth your while to replace the motherboard. But now, it's almost economical to purchase a whole new system. We are truly becoming the throw-away society.