xisto Community
Kraiser X Astral

Why Do People Smoke? ...

as what Ive observed too many people are smoking and most of them are males..why do they use ciggrates? ....?I know theres a lot of smokers in here,
share your experience how you are addicted?
why you smoke and what causes you to smoke more?

well. most males start smoking to be "'cool" [honestly most females find smoking disgusting & will not try it, unless preasured to] & from then, they continue doing it to be cool, until the nicotine & addictive stuff in cigarretes gets their body addicted to the feel good sensation you get when you smoke.. & from there they'll become anxious.. continue smoking.. looose their wife, girlfriend, family, car, friends, teeth, & like 5inches of skin off their necks (: haha did i go to far? lol

Because it goes with the chavvy image they're trying to create:

Posted Image

Isn't it really part of a cycle anyway? You start going to parties at 14 / 15. The moment you do you discover alcohol. You get drunk. Then, if you're with the right people you find yourself going to parties with older children (who are 17+), most of who are on benefits. They persuade you into smoking and eventually on to drugs...

But like I said it goes with the image: I know someone who's 14 and smokes and someone who's 16 and does cannabis. The smoker's one of those idiots who'd have you believe he could destroy the Mafia.

i think the smoking thing is force of habbit to be honest, also alot of people hide behind smoking, tis like a security blanket for them. they have been smoking for so long they dont feel like themselves without it. i mean you ask nearly any smoker and they'll say theyd rather not smoke. but most people will have been smoking most their life, that means for most of their life theyve had a stick in their hand and inhaled from it. take that away and what do you have left to replace that time with the stick in your hand? usualy if ur a smoker you dont do many sports and the like. im not making excuses but i can say after half my life smoking giving up only ever seems to be for months at a time. it really is hard especialy as a smoker you know a lot of other smokers too!bottom line smoking not kewl but if your gonna do it may as well smoke some thing worth while ^_^ ...

Well, not to burst your bubble or anything, but 90% of the people that I know who smoke are female. I'm not sure why most of them started, but they smoke now because it "relieves stress." When they first started smoking, it was probably at a party of some sort, and they probably did it because they wanted to fit in, but now that they're addicted, the cigarette works as a good stress reliever for them. As someone said earlier, smoking often becomes a part of who someone is, they make it a part of their personal image, and they don't want to give that up.

well. most males start smoking to be "'cool" [honestly most females find smoking disgusting & will not try it, unless preasured to] & from then, they continue doing it to be cool, until the nicotine & addictive stuff in cigarretes gets their body addicted to the feel good sensation you get when you smoke.. & from there they'll become anxious.. continue smoking.. looose their wife, girlfriend, family, car, friends, teeth, & like 5inches of skin off their necks (: haha did i go to far? lol

you got a point.. they were just wasting their lives given by our god.. honestly I dont really like guys smoking and even some of my friends who does smoke.. I dont like them, but Im just keeping it as a secret, I dont want to destroy our friendship..
Smking doesn't sound so cool isn't it? except for those smokers round here..

I believe peer pressure is one of the largest factors in causing young people to smoke. They are regarded as the 'uncool' kid if they don't smoke and their friends smoke, so they start smoking too. I heard that people who do their first smokes usually cough and find it horrible, so the only logical explanation would be external pressure from other people. So they pretend that they enjoy it, and soon they get addicted.

HI,People probably start smoking for fashion. In the initial stages they feel that smoking is in their control , It's true until they addicted to it. They even don't recognize that they are in the trap of smoke. When they realize, condition goes out of their hand.Once a person addicted to smoke, as smoke goes to his/her lungs makes a feel of refreshment to him/her. Tobaco kills somany people per anum.It's a sad that people spoil their lives for smoke. I feel its not the issue of men or women. and I strongly feel that governments has to take right steps to stop it. Raghu kishore

lol are you kidding me? not only males smoke. but now the majority of females smoking is alot.. i see heaps of female smoke.. infact. at my uni.. 80 percent of the females smoke.. 95 % of ppl in my course smoke.Young guys and girls smoke cause they think it cool or they try it just because their friends ask them to.. and because they're around their peers, some can be very pressuring. so they smoke to fit in.. and in the end they become a smoker.. but when everyone gets older, they don't smoke because its cool they smoke because now they are addicted and its quite hard for them to quit.. my bf smokes.. the thing is he doesnt smoke alot.. but he has a habit of driving and smoking.. my dad use to smoke heaps and mostly after meals but now his quit smoking.. though his getting chubbier cause his spend his spare time eating alot more and pigging out on snacks rather then smoking.. its like a habit for some ppl.. if my bfs at home he doesnt smoke at all.. as soon aS his at a pub or driving he jst has to have one.. its like his finger isnt use to do nothing lol

I smoke not because its cool, but it calms me down when I get nervous it also helps me loose weight. I really wich it was easy to quit. I have quit a few times but when certain people agervate you and get you all bent outta shape well then I light up.

My mother smokes, and she says she does it because it relieves stress and stops her depression, and makes her stomach feel better. But I feel really bad because she makes weird noises when she tries to sleep at night. =/

I started smoking mainly because i wanted to see what the big deal was. I grew up with my parents smoking so it was so normal to me. Then I kept smoking because it did give me a buzz which was cool for a while. But mainly the reason why I have stayed to smoking is because it makes it easier to meet people and is an awesome stress reliever for me. Now that I am older and very much addicted, I want to quit but it ain't easy. As for the government stepping in to stop it; that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. If they put an end to smoking what then? Alcohol? Skateboarding? Trampolines? Seriously, smokers are already banned from most restaurants, hotels, and now bars (how ridiculous is that, save the people who are damaging their livers with alcohol from cigarette smoke). If someone is blowing smoke in your face that's one thing, other than that just stop being so offended. People have a right to slowly kill themselves with cigarettes. They know it's not good for them but they do it anyways. That's their right.

not sure about it, i only now that my father smokes alot. and he says that it makes his throat feels better?(not sure if hes lying)personally i hate the smell of ciggerette, i would choke and cough everytime i smell the smoke.