xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
karlosantana

How To Make Your Signature Look Really Good! using various bb codes

I got a PM the other day asking how I did various things in my signature, well I'm going to show you all the secrets ^_^

So first of all theres those bars that show what you use and things they're called signature bars you can get them by clicking below

Posted Image

signaturebar.com is fantastic for signature bars, you can even request one of your choice. It is supported by ads and donations

also by a few talented developers with an eye for detail go take a look!

Next theres the sliding text, called marquees

[marquee=left]Right to left scrolling text[/marquee]

accomplishes

[marquee=left]

Right to left scrolling text

[/marquee]

[marquee=right]Left to right scrolling text[/marquee]

accomplishes

[marquee=right]

Left to right scrolling text

[/marquee]

[marquee=down]Top to bottom scrolling text[/marquee]

accomplishes

[marquee=down]

Top to bottom scrolling text

[/marquee]

Next theres the hiding text BB code

Theres two ways you can do this theres one that looks like

OR

Hidden

this

The first one is done by using this

[test]Your text here[/test]
and the second

[hide]Your text here[/hide]
These are the most popular and the ones I was asked about an entire list can be found HERE

I hope you enjoy messing about with thesePosted Image

Karlos

Awesome, now I'll actually have a decent sig here. ^_^As for the top to bottom marquee, how do you define the size of the visible area? Because I only see one line with a lot of area it's scrolling in.

I would like to point out that you can find all the bbcodes at the bottom of the shoutbox by clicking on the BBcode link, as there are a lot more ways you could customize your sig block or even posts themselves. You could say this is a quick reminder of some of the bbcodes this forums has or uses.

Nice tut man, also having a good looking sig has to do with some graphics as well. Try requesting a signature in our graphics forum or making a good one yourself. I happen to be a sig maker myself and hope to be in Gfx Crew at one point. Goog tutorial though.

Hello again!

Inhuman I have no idea, this is just a basic tutorial! Interesting though PM me when you find something out!

garbage Interesting user name! And as for the comment we all start off as beginners!Posted Image

Saint Micheal I actually put a link in the tutorial if you look!

Coolcat50 Well I forgot about you! howz things bud? I have an idea for you PM me!

Ulfaweb sorry i missed something there "spares for spaces"?

Emerger No problem!

Thanks again guys (and girls)

Karlos

Ya know, I was just thinkin, with the marquee tags, one could easily have a massive sig without it stretchin the boards. I mean, all they'd have to do is stick the image tag or what have you inside the marquee tags and that'd be it. Instant massive sig in a small space....or at least, maximum allowed sig space.

wow this is nice, but is there a way to make the text glow because i want it to stand out because im having fun with this but i don't understand lots of GFX and it would be nice for you to make a tut for that by the way is there other website you can post here?

Edited by maplestory (see edit history)

Here is an answer to Inhuman, who wanted to adjust the height of "top to bottom marquee":

If you want to do it in a web page it can be done by using height attribute :

<marquee direction=down height=20>Some Text Here</marquee>

But if you want to add it in your signature, I can only tell you a way which may seem silly :

First create a gif image using a software like Macromedia Flash MX (I use it and it is very good).

Then It is simply easy to add the image to your signature :lol:

I couldn't find another way round :)

By the way, karlosantana, if you find another way round pls let me know.

Thank you...

I've always wondered where people were getting all those signatures! The ones from signature bar.com, I mean. At that site, are all the signatures submitted by people, or does the people who own the site make them? Someone should post a tut on how to make them.