xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Goosestaf

Age Of Empires 3 Age Of Empires 3 from Microsoft

I can't wait to see what this game will bring to the RTS world. Though I am really wanting to buy it, I don't think it will be any different than owning Warcraft 3 or Rome Total War.

161134[/snapback]

By all the enthusiastic posts i've read so yours seems dull :P

"it wont be any different than owning Warcraft III..."

you dreaming? lol

I can't wait to see what this game will bring to the RTS world. Though I am really wanting to buy it, I don't think it will be any different than owning Warcraft 3 or Rome Total War.

161134[/snapback]

By all the enthusiastic posts i've read so yours seems dull :P

"it wont be any different than owning Warcraft III..."

you dreaming? You even read the posts about the new graphics etc.? This game will be legend in birds-eye-view games...

There is one word to describe this new game: amazing. The graphics are some of the best I have seen for the computer in a long time. I can not wait until it comes out. I think that Microsoft deserves a pat on the back (first one in years :P ).

Well, i got it for Xmas :DPlays beautifully, Looks beautiful/amazing. . . i mean the water looks so realistic. . . it amde me thirsty after jsut looking at it lolthe Havoc Physics make the game so much more fun to watch. . . insted of scripted destruction sequences based on health, the building will break apart where it is hit. . . . so if a heavy cannon is fired at the Sails of a windmill, thats what wil ljsut break off and fall to trhe ground.The Homecity feature adds a sort of RPG aspect to the game, as with game experience you get differernt "home city shipment cards" and can upgrade what your home city looks like.I could rant on for ages. . .. but i won't :DJust if you like RTS, the AOE series or jsut good lookign games then buy this!

wah after wanting to test them game i have been trying to download the trail for 2 days, and it hasnt been working... but i think i have seen enough screen shots and reviews for me to conform that this game is good.

This is a must buy if you enjoy rts games, ill probley own it by the end of the week.

if anyone is interested in the trail its on fileplanet
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I played the demo and found out, that the sound is really great. I don't know what you have for Soundsystems, but I have a pretty strong subwoofer and when cannons fire I feel a punch in my stomache :P and these cannon sounds are really loud, which makes it very cool!Graphics are, of course, great.The physics makes the game fun to look at as the enemies are flying when they are hit by a cannon ball... and crash into something :) or go diving :PI want that game! :P

Im extremely disappointed in AOE3. I got it on the 28th or so, played it for few hours, played a bit the next day and havent played since. I play a lot of strategy games. Id much rather play Warcraft 3. The graphics are great, especially the water, and the ships and buildings are very detailed. Its got a fairly deep gameplay, and the sounds are ok, but I just dont find it very fun. I find that theres a little too many things to manage. I personally prefer more action and AoE is a little slower paced, but its the first RTS I didnt like. It just doesnt have that fun factor tha Warcraft, C&C, Starcraft and other more action oriented RTS do. It's excellent from a design standpoint, but its not all that fun for me.

I'd have to agree. I haven't been happy with the Age series since Age of Empires II - I bought both Age of Mythology and Age of Empires III on launch, but somehow I feel these newer 3D engines slow down gameplay. (Not that 3D RTS games need to be slow - look at War40k: DoW) and a higher reliance on hunting I find, makes villagers raided much easier. The problem also is that it's not the biggest step up from the rest of the series, and offers little in gameplay advancement. Sure, there's the Home City feature which is said to be "revolutionary" in the manual, but hell, I reckon it's just a little add-on - whilst interesting, isn't as big as it sounds. Oh and of course there's fact that there is a LOT of econ management involved overall, especially on a comparative basis to other RTS games out there. Also, the single player campaign, I found was hardly engaging - the details of the characters in the cutscenes were hardly an improvement on AoM and the storyline was fairly, say, straightforward. On standard difficulty, the missions are pretty easy, except for the last one or two in each act, where it seems the difficulty is ramped up tenfold and I need to lower it to easy. There doesn't seem to be a gradual increase or anything. Annoying to say the least (as the AI only seems to beat you because of their unlimited resources and wave after wave of small attacks). Disappointing really, but I'm always going to be an Age fan, and while the mechanics are old, I still like them (just...) - waiting for the expansion to see what they do with that.

I've never enjoyed Age of Empire games much, and AoE 3 is no exception. I think it's mostly the lack of a solid storyline and too many playable nations that turns me off to it. I like being restricted to 3 or 4 playable nations/races (with each being weak to one and strong to the other, for example, Zerg > Terran, Protoss > Zerg, Terran > Protoss), as is the case with StarCraft/WarCraft, not to mention the entertaining storyplot element and the huge fanbase/player-made mods. AoE just doesn't have that.

AoE2 definitely had the huge fanbase and custom scenarios, hell the custom scen lobbies were just as busy as the normal game ones (probably still are). AoM mainly centred around 3 playable nations with some slight differences amongst the three, maybe you should try that?The reason I never got into the Blizzard games is that I found Warcraft had too low a pop limit (90?? + Upkeep?? ugh) and Starcraft was already way too hardcore online by the time I got to it :huh: IMO the SC storyline wasn't that great either.

Age of Empires 3 is not a very appealing game, I think. The troops are simply to homogeneous, no matter you are playing the Spaniards or the British, or the French, you command basically the same troops, the only difference being the colors and the language they use. In my opinion, Warcraft III designers did a better job creating the units, with each race a different team of troops and different buildings. The sea troops are also too powerful that they limit number of galleons you can have, which is really strange. Age of Empire 3 disappoints me.

i already have the game....i got bored of it after awhile...i gues because i cudnt hook it onto the internet because i didnt have the right serial key or sumthing...i didnt buy it neways..hah...i liked the previous age of empires thou...i lasted playin thous games for about two years lol...its basically only really fun if u were to just play it online against other people...good games skillz n interaction with the players..= much more funif u used to or still do play age of empires" conquerors or age of kings...send me a message about urself...your name or sumthing becuase mayb i might know u hah...i wus really well-known in age of empires bak in the days =D all i played wus custum scenarios btw

Ya the base faction is the same, all nations are just modified. Except for Ottoman, thats quite different. So theres not that much to the factions really... The story in AOE3 is kinda odd... From the start... Ottomans attack St John Knights outposts, then you go to New World (North America) and then you start getting into an ancient circle of alchemists and eternal lif and the lake of the moon which supposedly has special powers... And thats the 1st few missions... At least it tries to be original...

Edited by ZeroHawk (see edit history)

Yeah I didn't really find the single player all that engaging, but it's still and improvement from the sort of historical storyline that AoE2 took. Ottos are a bit different, but then again so are Russians, and then everyone else. I guess there is minimal graphical difference still when it comes to all the civilzations - everything's just not distinctive enough.

Yea I got this game awhile ago, and just like all the previoues ones I have found it to be very entertaining and fun. It's the most unique AOE and by far the most graphical one. It may not have as much as an impact as the previous ones, but it is by far the best new RTS game out there. Age of Empires III is a truly amazing game, with everything you could have hoped for, a must to buy for any RTS fan.